Smok Quantum Upgrade Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you have the latest firmware there will be no option to install it. You might be pizzin in the wind trying to update a device that is already updated to the latest firmware.

Do you know what the latest version is? Also where on the app or the mod can you check the current installed version (sorry for this lazy question but I'm at work and I don't have the mod with me).

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
How did you make out?

Everything you've said to do I've already done (last night I mean, I don't have the mod with me now). If I do have the most current version I need to find out to see if that's why I can't upgrade. Can you tell me what the lastest version is and where on my menu I look to find out which one is currently on the mod?

Raiserbone

Jul 8, 2016
Hello everyone.

I had the same problem with my quantum. After a lot of emails to smok i managed to get the firmware from them.
download it from the link and will solve your problems.

[edited]

for instructions look at the h-priv instructions on their website, it's the same procedure.
Hope this helps you

Have a nice day

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Hello everyone.

I had the same problem with my quantum. After a lot of emails to smok i managed to get the firmware from them.
download it from the link and will solve your problems.

[edited]

for instructions look at the h-priv instructions on their website, it's the same procedure.
Hope this helps you

Have a nice day

I think @Raiserbone Suggests is a good suggestion and what is so complicated?

NOTICE
1. You have to hold the fire bar all the time during the upgrading
2. Please take out the batteries before connecting the mod with your computer.

PREPARE
1. Check the Current Version: Power off and power on your H-priv box, the screen will show your current firmware version. H-priv box mod with original firmware version can be fully compatible with V1.1.0.
2. Factory Micro to USB cable (with data transfer function).
3. OS System requirement: Windows XP/7/8/10. (FYI: There is no driver to match Apple Mac OS at this moment from the PCB chip vendor.)

DOWNLOAD
[edited]

6360039947245649711678140.png

Did you ever bother to try it?

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think @Raiserbone Suggests is a good suggestion and what is so complicated?

NOTICE
1. You have to hold the fire bar all the time during the upgrading
2. Please take out the batteries before connecting the mod with your computer.

PREPARE
1. Check the Current Version: Power off and power on your H-priv box, the screen will show your current firmware version. H-priv box mod with original firmware version can be fully compatible with V1.1.0.
2. Factory Micro to USB cable (with data transfer function).
3. OS System requirement: Windows XP/7/8/10. (FYI: There is no driver to match Apple Mac OS at this moment from the PCB chip vendor.)

DOWNLOAD
[edited]

6360039947245649711678140.png

Did you ever bother to try it?

No I didn't for two reasons:
1. Nowhere in any of these instructions do I see the word Quantum. I don't feel comfortable jury rigging my mod with software from another mod unless I know for sure that the boards are exactly the same. Do you know that?

2. The instruction you just posted are a vwry short version of the h-priv update instructions on the Smok website involving hex key verificaions, etc. that are complicated. I'm a computer guy by trade and if I have to to go through instructions like that you better believe that I will know for sure that the update that I'm installing is for my device's board and not some quick fix rhat Smok is pushing to keep from fixing their broken app.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you do what the member so kindly suggested all you have to do is click the Drop Down menu and select your device. But Good Luck since your asking for help but are not even attempting any of the help offered.
I will try when I get home and thanks to all.

VladimirDyskin

Jul 12, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Read the forum rules please.

VladimirDyskin

Jul 12, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Read the forum rules please.

VladimirDyskin

Jul 12, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: No. There will be absolutely no passing of files from untrusted sources.

VladimirDyskin

Jul 12, 2016
Unless the link to the software points back to Smok's website, there will be absolutely no passing of files from sources that are questionable. We understand you're wanting to get your devices to work, but links to software MUST be from Smok's website.

This firmware file official applications SMOK Vaping Tour. Just on the site offitsalnom broken firmware file, which is called 1100.heks it without APROM file. I repeat, I got the file with the official application

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Doesn't matter. Unless the link to the software goes back to Smok or authorized source (such as the Apple or Play Store), it's not going to be permitted here. This is for the protection of our membership.

Now, providing instructions on how to obtain the binary or APK files from the authorized sources, that would be permitted. But providing the file, or providing links to those files that are not via authorized sources will not be permitted.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have done everything. upgrade showed pass but still does not turn on.
Also, Dataflash keep saying 'File size too big!'. APROM passed though. Help will be appreciated.

Update: Works (for now) after several tries at 'Erase All' then change to APROM and update. This is tiring.

Last edited:

Dan W

Nov 25, 2016
So my Quantum bricked today - but I believe I've fixed it.

I connected it to the PC, allowed drivers to install for it. Downloaded the Smok update app for windows.

Now if you connect the Quantum, no batteries, to the PC whilst holding the fire button and press connect on the app on the PC it should recognise it. Keep the fire button held down and click unconnect and your Smok should go into an unusable charge state. Fire 5 times to unlock it. Now just take the back off and put a battery in.

This worked for me, although mine may not have bricked for the same reason as yours. In any case I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread