Smok TFV12

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBody19

Feb 23, 2017
O.k. l could not wait so I pulled it from the soak cleaned and dried it and installed the triple coil deck. It's at 0.149 at 100 watts and the flavor and dense vapor is almost too much. I noticed there is a slight learning curve wicking this beast. I thought I put in plenty of cotton but not quite enough,it is leaking out the air flow .

My next build will be with enough cotton to fill the juice channels. I really do like this tank at the moment and at 7ml juice capacity is enough to go out all day with. I am curious how SMOK pulled the insulator and left the legs still running down thru deck and made it work?? I am not going to tear my deck apart to find out either.

This tank might have taken the top spot over my limitless RDTA the next build will tell if I get enough cotton in the channels.
Please update and let us know! Super interested in this...

BTW, do you think there is build you can throw in the triple RDA that would get close to 300w the way the premade coils can? Triple fused claptons maybe? What kind of build do you have now that you're vaping at 100w?

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Please update and let us know! Super interested in this...

BTW, do you think there is build you can throw in the triple RDA that would get close to 300w the way the premade coils can? Triple fused claptons maybe? What kind of build do you have now that you're vaping at 100w?[/QUOT

Alright here we go.
I just wanted to use it for a few days to make sure I could keep it working and not leak,and so far,I have.
Do I think you could put a build and vape at 300 watts,probably. But as I posted earlier at 100 watts with my 0.149 build the flavor and dense heavy vapor was almost too much. I think you could easily build for a 300 watt vape if you choose though. I have also figured out how to build and not pour juice out the bottom airflow. After I wick the build (with plenty of cotton I might add), I wrap a single peice the height of the build completely around the build and put the deck cap on. I still have not figured out how SMOK got away with using an insulator and still have the legs run down thru the deck? When the stock coils are ready to be replaced i will find out something then but I am not going to rip my triple deck apart to find out though.

This RTA is worth the price and the vape is definitely satisfying for anyone that loves DL vaping. Right now I am vaping on the same build at 100 watts and am enjoying it as each day goes by.

Love it,love it,love it.

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Just finished with another fresh wicking same build fused Clapton SS316L at 0.149 and 150 watts now and it is vaping very well. Still no leaking I wrapped another small piece of cotton around the build again. The flavor is great the vapor is thick,dense and warm. I can tell I am at the edge of the wattage range the coil is having trouble keeping up with so,300 might be pushing t a bit,I think?

I am still so tempted to rip this deck apart to see how SMOK got away with no insulator but then I would be out a deck I really like..

EDIT: I am not sure of the core for the Clapton's they came already installed.

Yaroon

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2017
Im reading more positive messages about this triple coil deck, seems that they did remove the melting nonsense insulators and used some black material that doesn't melt.

Just ordered my deck as I now fully finished all 3 premade coils which I will not buy again (unless there is some major discount on them, let's say half the price).

The premadecoils aren't bad ( I didn't like the single big hole coil though, the double barrel and the 12 coils coilhead are fine) but I do miss the option of rewicking as the juice I vape make rewicking often quite necessary

Anyway, My gratitude to t8kiteasy for supplying the necessary info that is so limited available about this deck :)

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Really loving this triple deck and the Clapton's that came pre-installed. They are not anything exceptional but are worked ng very well and the flavor is still very nice on this RTA. I have also managed to cut my nic. percent down with this device too. I have yet to use the dual coil deck (it has the same Clapton's installed too), but I will eventually if I ever get tired of the triple deck,.......maybe?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I keep going back to the T12 coil as my favorite. I've got about 4 weeks on this coil and it's still hitting great with good flavor.. :)
4773e470428792e05a8861326d219637.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: t8kiteasy

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Alright final update,if any of you are planning on getting the triple coil deck and chain vaping you won't be able to do that,or very well I will say. After five or six straight drags the tank is hot,not warm,it is hot. To the point it will blister you if your skin stays in contact with tank.

After three or four drags I put it down to cool and come back to it a few minutes later. I am starting to wonder if the dual coil deck will be the same way?? Time to test that deck now I guess.

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
Alright final update,if any of you are planning on getting the triple coil deck and chain vaping you won't be able to do that,or very well I will say. After five or six straight drags the tank is hot,not warm,it is hot. To the point it will blister you if your skin stays in contact with tank.

After three or four drags I put it down to cool and come back to it a few minutes later. I am starting to wonder if the dual coil deck will be the same way?? Time to test that deck now I guess.
That ruins it for me then

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
That ruins it for me then

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

If the airflow was not so large it would not get this hot but with the bottom of the coil exposed that much that is where the heat is generating from. The more you vape the higher the heat moves up the tank. The bottom does not cool off though unless you let it set for a few minutes and come back to it.

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada

Hi there. New to forums.
I was building the triple coil deck at .15 or so till i ran out of my thicker wire. I did notice a huge heat disadvantage like you said.
I switched over to a roll of UD nichrome clapton (26/32g) i had sitting around. 6 wraps on a 3mm post. With the long leads a triple build comes out at .285ohm. Little high for my taste...

However. I can chainvape on it with the airflow 75-80% closed at 145w (max wattage the alien can go at .285ohm) and it stays alot cooler. Short drags though but loads of flavour/vapor. Can go through the whole tank in 1 45 min sitting or so and it stays at a reasonable temperature.

I dont think im going to go back to a lower resistance. Or not below .2 or so next time i rebuild.

Hope that helps. Ive been using this build for about a week now and no issues. I do want to drop the res a little bit though so im not running at peak voltage.
Edit: peak voltage is only acheiveable for about half a tank like this fyi. Id recommend a triple 18650 mod for this build if you want to keep the heat. I can only pump about 110 120w out of this alien 220 at this resistance below 75% battery. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Last edited:

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
To be honest the stock coils it came with went straight in the trash. Controlled shorts everywhere that i couldnt work out. Refused to all glow evenly.

Theyre the same coils that came in the v8 and i never liked those either.
If youre mounting regular clapton wire in the triple rba set it right on the deck and tighten. Then pull up and to the center.
Another tip is to fish your long lead through and line the other side up with the other set screw outside of the base, then snip the short lead. Really takes the guess work out of lead length.

Theres headroom issues when you put the top cap on to the rba the coils need to stay nice and centered so there's airflow on both sides. Keeping away from the walls and base will also reduce heat transfer to the chamber and base.

Im sure youre more than competent just sharing experience. Ive played with about 5 or 6 builds in this since i got it.

Fyi the dual coil rba performs about the same as the v8 rba. Little more airflow thats about it.

I use my reulaux rx200 at home around 145 to 170 watts but ill put the v12 on my alien when im out and about or vaping inside.

Happy vaping man update when you put something else in there.

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
I got my thicker wire in the mail today. (Rofvape 24/30g kanthal clapton). I dont know if thats a good brand or not but its a supplier that had the gauges i was lookin for within canada.

.23 resistance. 6 wraps on a 3mm post. 26amp draw.
Kickin ... and takin names at 175w on my reuleaux. However considering going down to 5 wraps so i can run it on the alien 220.

Still no signifigant heat issues. Its not hot but above warm to the touch after a 20-30 min chainvape in the yard over a beer. Still nothing to complain about.

Swaglife81

Apr 16, 2017
Guys using this tank with stock coils or RBA. Is this a ADV tank for you guys or the every once in a while tank. With so much wattage, vapor, etc I'm curious about it other than competitions.

Nicotine absorption with the huge amounts of vapor. Like if I puff 20 hits on my Smok baby 6mg nic would this tank feel like 3 or 4 hits and done?

Taste - How does taste compare. With baby beast X4 coils it's like all store bought juices are to strong in flavor

We all know this is a juice guzzler. How much does it guzzle

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've got the TFV12 RBA Edition, had it a few weeks and have used it a bit. My final decision on the 12 is that it is a bit to much for me, I really satisfied with the 8 and prefer using that tank, in the 8 I'm also using the RBA deck. I'm glad Smok put the 12 out, it's nice to see what can be done if they try. I'll keep it as a spare tank in case of any problems with the 8. Maybe I'll try the triple coil sometime in the future I've got some coils ordered for it.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I do love it but at the moment I am still running the stock coil it came with (0.149) and it makes the tank run extremely hot. I have also had to cut my nic. down running on these coils too.

My ADV go to tank has been my limitless RDTA,with the stock coils on the TFV12 I still prefer my limitless at this point. I will be putting my own 316l SS build in it tomorrow and see what happens? My sweet spot has always been at 0.5 for a build so I will try and stay in that range .

Have not decided if I want to make a parallel build or a Clapton yet though?

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
Guys using this tank with stock coils or RBA. Is this a ADV tank for you guys or the every once in a while tank. With so much wattage, vapor, etc I'm curious about it other than competitions.

Nicotine absorption with the huge amounts of vapor. Like if I puff 20 hits on my Smok baby 6mg nic would this tank feel like 3 or 4 hits and done?

Taste - How does taste compare. With baby beast X4 coils it's like all store bought juices are to strong in flavor

We all know this is a juice guzzler. How much does it guzzle

I use my v12 as an ADV with the rba-t. I only vape 3mg.
With the rba-t it doesnt suck back any more liquid than stock coils. Little less actually. Doesnt get as hot either.

On the other hand im lookin for another tank to use on my AL220 right now...
Rba-t is a little too beefy for it and i hate hauling around my reulaux

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I use my v12 as an ADV with the rba-t. I only vape 3mg.
With the rba-t it doesnt suck back any more liquid than stock coils. Little less actually. Doesnt get as hot either.

On the other hand im lookin for another tank to use on my AL220 right now...
Rba-t is a little too beefy for it and i hate hauling around my reulaux
sub ohm tank or RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread