Smok TFV12

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
I am glad to hear smok fixed the triple coil rta, I will place an order for it. I got the normal dual coil deck for the TFV12 but it is a step down from the premade coils for me.

I generally like rta's over subtanks but the more I use the tfv12 the more I like it. I like all the coils but the V12 needs so much power the tank really heats up. I tend to prefer the Q4 coil in it instead, less power needed so the tank doesn't heat up as much and the flavor kicks ....

I am hoping that triple coil deck for it changes my mind, if not then I will just have to stock up on premade coils during the memorial day sales.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
Anthony vapes:
I picked up a merlin RDTA today.
Still playing with builds. On #3 today. So far its very promising with all 3 ive put in but im tryin to nail a perfect build for it.

Mjag:
The RBA-T can work as good as the t12 coils with a simple 3x clapton build in it.
I did a build with 26/32 nichrome and it performed about the same as the storebought, with much less heat.

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I cleaned the tank last night late and instead of making new coils I dry fired the stock Clapton's and got them working well. Have been vaping on this all morning and it tastes better and flavor is crisper. The tank is still getting hot as before but since I am getting use out of stock coils I figured I might as well burn them until they need to be trashed.

I love the V12 and the triple deck seems like it is holding up and working I think I will keep the V12 in rotation with my limitless . Vapor production is crazy with this tank though I am curious to see the looks I get when I take it outside to use???

Reactions: Njsm

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have a new build for you guys in the V12.
Triple twisted .8 ribbon triple coil on a 3.5mm I.D. at 0.190. I am currently running it at 100w on my RX200 still with MNKE batteries. The vape is awesome, crisp and flavorful. Still putting out a dense warm - hot vape and loving it at the moment. Still have not taken this out and about yet because this Isa bulky set up I am using. I am using this set up more and more around the house though.

unknownvapes

May 23, 2017
Anthony vapes:
I picked up a merlin RDTA today.
Still playing with builds. On #3 today. So far its very promising with all 3 ive put in but im tryin to nail a perfect build for it.

Mjag:
The RBA-T can work as good as the t12 coils with a simple 3x clapton build in it.
I did a build with 26/32 nichrome and it performed about the same as the storebought, with much less heat.
So if i buy a spool of 26 and a spool of 32 nichrome and make Claptons I won't be disappointed? Can this do tcr and tfr accurately?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
Actually. With the long negative leads on the RBA-T you get jumpy resistance. It wont give you a consistant vape on temp mode.
You end up with higher ohms on wattage mode as well from running a long lead.
You can kind of get away from it by pulling your lead tight against the top lip of the negative socket but it wont be perfect.

I dont recommend this rba for TC mode.

Just a heads up.

Njsm

May 9, 2017
Alberta, canada
Ive used:
Twisted 28g. Tiger wire (twisted ribbon). 26/32 clapton (kanthal and nichrome). Regular 24g round wire. And fused claptons (26x2/34g).
I used 24/30 clapton as well but that didnt work out well.

The 26/32 clapton i can burn at 200w but runs best around 165w.
Twisted 28g was about 160-180w.
These 2 builds were my favorite. Big clouds lots of flavour.
I have more ribbon wire on order right now to try out t8kiteasys build up above. (Plus good to have on hand).

If youre using a 3 battery mod youll be able to go up to 200-250w no problem below .25ohms. Lots of airflow in the rba you have alot of flexibility. Higher the wattage the shorter your draw will be.

maggie song

Moved On
May 26, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

unknownvapes

May 23, 2017
Okay since I already have the 26ga kanthal I'll pick up some 32ga nichrome but what nichrome should I get? Nichrome 60 seems to be popular? T8kiteasys build is literally (3) .8 kanthal ribbon wire pieces twisted together? And what do you mean the higher the wattage the shorter the draw? Because it will be too intense or risk burning my coil or my cotton? Sorry for all the newbie questions and seriously thank you for your help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

unknownvapes

May 23, 2017
Yeah higher temps will give you a short warm vape. Lots of vapor though.
Burn your cotton easy if you pull on it too long.

Ni80 or whatever is fine. To be honest i just buy premade clapton by the roll if its something ill use alot.
Okay okay I get it, one more question, when using the steam calculator what should I put for the legs length total?

jeanyang2017

Multiple ID Suspension
Jun 7, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Is anyone still using this tank??
I am having a problem with it leaking badly out the airflow holes. It is doing this with both decks and I have both tightened down as far as they would go. I have the seal in the 510 made sure of that.

Every build I have been doing lately this thing leaks more juice than I vape??? I have stopped using and that is sad because I really liked this beast. I have broke the tank down completely and the decks also,but I can't find the cause of the leak??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread