Smok TFV4 Sub Ohm Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Been going on about 2 weeks on the same triple coil doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. The outside cotton looks white yet. I want to use the quad just because I can lol. Does anyone clean their old coil when switching them out if they are still good?
Oh and I almost forgot today I was ordering stuff for my boys and thought as long as I am ordering why not get the SMOK TFV4 TF-S6. Cause I can lol

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Been going on about 2 weeks on the same triple coil doesn't seem to be slowing down at all. The outside cotton looks white yet. I want to use the quad just because I can lol. Does anyone clean their old coil when switching them out if they are still good?
Oh and I almost forgot today I was ordering stuff for my boys and thought as long as I am ordering why not get the SMOK TFV4 TF-S6. Cause I can lol
I tried the quad but didn't like it much compared to the Tri coil...quad at 120w was meh, plus it used a lot of juice in every hit... I just put a good used coil in a plastic baggie and seal it till I need it again...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
I tried the quad but didn't like it much compared to the Tri coil...quad at 120w was meh, plus it used a lot of juice in every hit... I just put a good used coil in a plastic baggie and seal it till I need it again...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. I have heard it both ways some like the triple some the quad. I wanted to burn up the triple before switching but can't wait that long lol. Don't care how much juice it uses have over 200 ml of my DIY custard :thumbs:. Gotta give theTF-S6 a true shot too:shock:

Reactions: smacksy

Piotr

Oct 21, 2015
Have this tank for like a month now and I tried almost all the coils so far (I think except clapton and TF-TI).

I had a lot of problems with leaking through the coil... that I figured out were caused by crappy/damaged o-ring on the top (between chimney and glass). Got it fixed by having 2nd silicon band over the tank so it seals top from the outside (half over glass half over top metal part) and it works - there is a post here on the forum about it with a picture - basically 2 silicon bands at once from the top, one in normal 'preventing accidental opening' place and 2nd right under.

Pretty much that was the only major inconvenience so far and it is gone.

Other than that I am happy with it. Flavor really do differ from coil to coil and it is not amazing comparing to cheap ... IJust2. I can confirm that quad coil seems to taste best but again this is very individual. I run it for clouds and nicotine fix mainly and gotta say that for this purpose it is a BEAST. Easy fill, satisfying capacity. Large juice ports help high VG juice to wick fast so even on high settings you can pretty much vape it constantly - which I cant say about other my other tanks as this process burns the coils over a day or so...

Eventually I decided to stay longer with temperature regulated nickel dual coil. For my needs seems to be nicest so far but I am really looking for TF-TI try out soon. On X Cube II with Temp mode MAX 220-250*C it heats up fast and does great job in amounts of vape it produces. Dunno if that was the latest firmware upgrade or little juice modifications but earlier Temp mode completely wasn't my thing (and some claimed it didn't work properly at all)

Anyways... it is not super practical to carry around at all (considering that for the full experience you need dual battery mod) so it is like home/car device. For flavor and going out situations I go 1 battery mod with IJust2 and run it usually around 30W. Small tasty clouds and way better mobility. From the other hand, for a beginner that wants to play with cloud chasing and do not yet have all the know-how about drippers, RBAs and other stuff it seems to be a great product.

Still a lot of tanks for me to try out so I am far away from being a pro and maybe soon I will get in hands something that will completely blow TFV-4 away... at the moment I simply do not feel like I desperately need to try something else.

Cheers guys :)

nmeuvdast8

Oct 28, 2015
Had this for more than 3 weeks now. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with the RBA (havent tried the other coils yet as the RBA was the main reason why I got this). After wicking and filling it for the firtst time, the TFV4 performs great. But after being idle (set aside for a few minutes), the flavor and vapor is gone. I have tried just about every wicking technique that I know of and still cannot sort the problem out. It seems that the tank loses pressure when its idle. I dont know if this was just from a bad batch or if there is something wrong with the o-rings that the tank is losing pressure when idle for a few minutes, but this is my second TFV4 (bought the SS version first and then the black one to go with my black X Cube 2), but both of those had the same issue.

I even thought that I have solved the problem by cutting the cotton at an angle with the longer strand (middle part of the cut cotton) going through the juice channels that I bought the mini version for my VTC Mini.

Fortunately, the TFV4 Mini I got did not suffer the same issue.

Do any of you encountered this issue (tank losing pressure when idle resulting to lack of flavor and worst, dry hits, after being idle)? I believe that one of the seals or o-rings is the culprit, but I how to isolate which one.

I really like this tank (when it works as it should), but this issue was a bit of a let down (fortunately, the Mini did not suffer the same issue)

71665cdc936490144f0258467512bfbd.jpg

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
Hell no, the people love the RBA cores and the Quadruple coils make dripping obsolete in terms of how it tastes, makes clouds.

Well then people are stupid. It tastes like garbage and the coil go bad in a day. Yes, the quads. The RBAs suck too lol.

Never have I tasted flavor and made clouds like this in my wildest dreams.

Wow lol. I feel bad for you then.

Cvantuss

Nov 14, 2015
Had this for more than 3 weeks now. Unfortunately, I am still having problems with the RBA (havent tried the other coils yet as the RBA was the main reason why I got this). After wicking and filling it for the firtst time, the TFV4 performs great. But after being idle (set aside for a few minutes), the flavor and vapor is gone. I have tried just about every wicking technique that I know of and still cannot sort the problem out. It seems that the tank loses pressure when its idle. I dont know if this was just from a bad batch or if there is something wrong with the o-rings that the tank is losing pressure when idle for a few minutes, but this is my second TFV4 (bought the SS version first and then the black one to go with my black X Cube 2), but both of those had the same issue.

I even thought that I have solved the problem by cutting the cotton at an angle with the longer strand (middle part of the cut cotton) going through the juice channels that I bought the mini version for my VTC Mini.

Fortunately, the TFV4 Mini I got did not suffer the same issue.

Do any of you encountered this issue (tank losing pressure when idle resulting to lack of flavor and worst, dry hits, after being idle)? I believe that one of the seals or o-rings is the culprit, but I how to isolate which one.

I really like this tank (when it works as it should), but this issue was a bit of a let down (fortunately, the Mini did not suffer the same issue)

71665cdc936490144f0258467512bfbd.jpg

I had the same problems with the RBA. It was a maddening combination of problems. Wick needs to block the juice channels. I cut the cotton twice. Once longer, lay it through the juice channels, wet it, then separate it up, leaving the long part down through the juice channels. Then cut what is left even with the bottom of the deck. Second problem was the RBA itself. It is just barely shorter than the stock coils, so the oring on the chimney does not fully seat, even though it is intact. Thicker oring needed. Third problem is the silicon seal on the top fill. If it isn't lined up exactly when you close the top, it will allow air in. Just to be safe I also replaced the top and bottom glass orings, because I have no faith in the quality of the ones that come on this tank. Any of these issues will cause the tank to not build the necessary pressure needed to draw juice up the wick, leading to dry hits. How can a tank leak juice AND give burnt or dry hits? This is how.

nmeuvdast8

Oct 28, 2015
Just an update. Tried to rewick it again. This time doing a Scottish Roll (from a whole pad and cut it to half, using one of the halve for wicking) and cutting it at an angle. It seems to hold up pressure, its been three days amd 5 refills now amd still no dry hits even after being idle.

Wicking is the key. I think I may have been using a bit less of cotton when wicking that the juice at the coil dries up faster than the cotton absorbs the juice.

Yey!

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN

Well I have been using the quad for about 3 days now. To me using my custard there is a tad more flavor and vapor. The only true way is to have 2 tanks and compare them side by side running the same juice. My T6 came in so will fire that bad girl up this weekend. Still no issues with this tank :thumbs:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Well then people are stupid. It tastes like garbage and the coil go bad in a day. Yes, the quads. The RBAs suck too lol.

Hardly stupid because you think different to others or have had a bad experience, the flavor from the quad coil is great and mine usually last around 3 to 4 weeks..Seeing as your in the minority here, I'd say it's bad juice or user error..
Yes, there are better RBA decks, I agree but I wouldn't say they suck, you just need to know how to wick them correctly.

Maybe it would be better to give an opinion without insults next time ;)

faeriekitsune

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
So. MD
Howdy folks. Got an issue and thought you might be the ones who could help.

BF's got a TFV4 that's been working well for the past few months and now out of the blue, every time you fill it juice just pours out the AFC ring. I'm talking like a ml or more in a couple of seconds! He's wasted at least a whole bottle of juice since this began and the only juice he'll vape isn't a cheap one.

He loves this tank, but if I can't figure out what the problem is, it's no good to him. He works construction and needs to be able to fill on the fly without wearing the juice.

The tank has had multiple different coils (all tri, he likes those the best) since this started, I swapped his glass to the spare thinking it had a crack or chip, his o-rings seem to be in ok condition and the top grommet in the fill port has a minor tear where the lip inside the fill hole is starting to come off, but otherwise in good condition.

I've tried blocking the air holes while filling, turning upside down right after filling (just as messy a result if not more), attempting to force a "dry" hit by firing repeatedly without air flow to burn off extra juice in the chamber, immediately drawing air flow... nothing seems to work.

Anybody got any ideas or know what the problem might be? I'll try anything to fix it, I can't afford this amount of juice wastage and don't have the spare cash to buy him a new tank! He only has the one setup, so this is a priority fix for us.

I'll try to post pics of the insides when he empties the current tank. Perhaps you might see something I didn't.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Howdy folks. Got an issue and thought you might be the ones who could help.

BF's got a TFV4 that's been working well for the past few months and now out of the blue, every time you fill it juice just pours out the AFC ring. I'm talking like a ml or more in a couple of seconds! He's wasted at least a whole bottle of juice since this began and the only juice he'll vape isn't a cheap one.

He loves this tank, but if I can't figure out what the problem is, it's no good to him. He works construction and needs to be able to fill on the fly without wearing the juice.

The tank has had multiple different coils (all tri, he likes those the best) since this started, I swapped his glass to the spare thinking it had a crack or chip, his o-rings seem to be in ok condition and the top grommet in the fill port has a minor tear where the lip inside the fill hole is starting to come off, but otherwise in good condition.

I've tried blocking the air holes while filling, turning upside down right after filling (just as messy a result if not more), attempting to force a "dry" hit by firing repeatedly without air flow to burn off extra juice in the chamber, immediately drawing air flow... nothing seems to work.

Anybody got any ideas or know what the problem might be? I'll try anything to fix it, I can't afford this amount of juice wastage and don't have the spare cash to buy him a new tank! He only has the one setup, so this is a priority fix for us.

I'll try to post pics of the insides when he empties the current tank. Perhaps you might see something I didn't.

I think it's your o-rings that are causing your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread