so I guess vaping has found another "healthy" use

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacydmi

Jan 12, 2014
Southwest Michigan
Sometimes people with b12 deficiency, noted on labs, get monthly injections rather than daily oral supplements because insurance won't pay for the daily B12 supplement and they can't afford OTC. But that is completely different from "diet clinics" where they pay their money each month, get their b12 injection and phentermine rx, and see ya next month...

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'll admit, I've had B-12 shots weekly, at my work there was an alternative medicine clinic that we could use for free. I have to say my naturopath (Did you know in AZ they can be your PCP, Oh My God) was a bit wacky, but she did do bloodwork first and I was in the low-normal range (due to one of my meds) and I have to say, they're pretty great and they do give you energy. My FAVORITE thing they did though, was stop mosquitos biting me (I know, right, weird, but true) I guess my blood was awash in b-12 and they didn't find it tasty.

To be fair, the naturopath gave me this random mix of herbs to put into a tea, and I looked at it and went, "No way," and when I went back she told me it had St. John's wart in it, and I had told her I could NOT TAKE THAT EVER, at which point she said I had "intense intuitive powers," and I was like, "I guess.... but uh, let's stick to things that come in a prepackaged jar, and even then I might not take them if I think it's a bad idea...."

I wouldn't have used her as my PCP, the shots were fun, but I didn't plunge into an intense depressive episode after stopping them either. I'm also trained in acudetox which I think is a complete waste of time, but hey, certifications are certifications.... :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread