bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
update:
I've removed all non organic/non VG based flavorings from my house. I've purchased a bunch of flavors from Natures Flavors, & a friend here on ECF also sent me some of their organic VG based flavorings. Here are places that i've bought 100% organic/VG juice from just in case anyone is interested. FYI, i've received alot of PMs regarding my original post.

~Link to Nature's Flavors, for vape flavoring, you will want to use their tea & coffee flavoring system flavors.

~Vaperite, sells 100% organic VG eliquid. Many months ago I was looking for a cake batter juice. This was one of the few places that sold it, & to my surprise it was the best cake batter out of 5 vendors. I've also got 12 other flavors from them. I think that vaperite juices are the strongest in flavor of the organic vendors i've tried.

~Virgin Vapor I've ordered from Annette since she first opened her online store. Her juices were just so clean & flavorful. Surprise, surprise, also 100%VG, organic. Please note that Annette will also do a custom blend for you & she will do custom flavors if she has them.

~Dripeez not an ECF vendor, but they are located in Texas & use a cold pressed extraction method to make their 100% organic VG juice. There is no alcohol base to their juices. Their Plum is fantastic. I got it as a free sample, & honestly could never see myself vaping plum.

~Sweet-Vapes
~BombDrops Vapor
~Clouds of Vapor

I talked to Ben, owner of Alien Visions a few days back, because I wanted him to know my situation, & the flavor HYPE that he makes is my favorite vape juice. It is a 90VG 10PG mix. He told me that the 10% is the flavoring, (as I suspected). However, Ben also has a LARGE 100% VG line up of juices. This means that both the flavors used, and the base are all VG. He has also relayed to me that these specific flavors are all organic Boba's, Raf-a-licious, Flue Cured, Banana Slurry, Strawberry Cooler, Very Berry Blueberry, Caramel Kicker, Maple Melody, and English Toffee.

Now that I look at things, it's no surprise that one of the most discussed/loved juices on ECF (Boba's Bounty) is 100% VG & 100% organic. I look back at when I was new at vaping & thought that vaperite made the best cakebatter juice around. I now realize that it could be because it's 100% VG, & 100% organic.

Going 100%VG & 100% organic when possible is just an experiment i'm doing in order to isolate the cause of my symptoms. Keep in mind I had decreased my nicotine percentage a few months ago. I vape the same ml/day (around 4-5). At the moment i'm concentrating on removing artificial colorings & PG from my juice.

I am in no way endorsing the vendors listed above, & I have no connection to them. Just letting you know where I was able to locate 100%VG/100% organic juice lines in case you are interested.

I'll continue to post here from time to time to let you know any updates that I feel are appropriate.

jayvolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
West Palm Beach FL USA
Sorry to hear you are having issues Jen. Keep us posted as much as you can, god knows that a few objective posts on this subject are needed. Personally I was having similar issues but found that it was indeed panic attacks on my part and a 1mg Xanax calmed the situation right down. I have since backslid for a month and honestly found that I was getting heads and tails more nic from the coffin nails than vaping ( head spinning goodness) which tends to make me think that your ideas about flavorings are more likely the culprit. High voltage might also be an issue, remember that with higher wattage you are consuming a lot more juice, so a nic drop would def be in order.

I can remember the first time I hit a 6v mod I knocked my block off and had my head spinning in about 5 minutes.

I hope you feel better love,

Jay

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Thanks for the well wishes on my little "experiment".

I was also just informed that Welcome to Ahlusion's E-Liquid and Flavoring Market has all organic, all VG juices. They are currently undergoing the "organic" certification. Wald, the owner says they should have it in a week or so.

BTW, Vaperite was fabulous at vapefest when I told them about my little "experiment".

ahlusion

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 21, 2011
Swartz Creek
www.ahlusion.us
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

lynleestar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
NW Indiana
sounds scary Jen~! I've had a few instances where my heart would pound hard, like I could feel it beating hard if I put my hand over my chest, and a couple times my brain felt 'foggy' and I just didn't feel right. I've always written it off to my very unhealthy lifestyle (drinking way too much soda, being obese, etc). It's a definite possibility that my nic intake plays a part. I may try out a couple of the vendors you listed~!

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
update:
I've removed all non organic/non VG based flavorings from my house. I've purchased a bunch of flavors from Natures Flavors, & a friend here on ECF also sent me some of their organic VG based flavorings. Here are places that i've bought 100% organic/VG juice from just in case anyone is interested. FYI, i've received alot of PMs regarding my original post.

~Link to Nature's Flavors, for vape flavoring, you will want to use their tea & coffee flavoring system flavors.

~Vaperite, sells 100% organic VG eliquid. Many months ago I was looking for a cake batter juice. This was one of the few places that sold it, & to my surprise it was the best cake batter out of 5 vendors. I've also got 12 other flavors from them. I think that vaperite juices are the strongest in flavor of the organic vendors i've tried.

~Virgin Vapor I've ordered from Annette since she first opened her online store. Her juices were just so clean & flavorful. Surprise, surprise, also 100%VG, organic. Please note that Annette will also do a custom blend for you & she will do custom flavors if she has them.

~Dripeez not an ECF vendor, but they are located in Texas & use a cold pressed extraction method to make their 100% organic VG juice. There is no alcohol base to their juices. Their Plum is fantastic. I got it as a free sample, & honestly could never see myself vaping plum.

~Sweet-Vapes
~BombDrops Vapor
~Clouds of Vapor

I talked to Ben, owner of Alien Visions a few days back, because I wanted him to know my situation, & the flavor HYPE that he makes is my favorite vape juice. It is a 90VG 10PG mix. He told me that the 10% is the flavoring, (as I suspected). However, Ben also has a LARGE 100% VG line up of juices. This means that both the flavors used, and the base are all VG. He has also relayed to me that these specific flavors are all organic Boba's, Raf-a-licious, Flue Cured, Banana Slurry, Strawberry Cooler, Very Berry Blueberry, Caramel Kicker, Maple Melody, and English Toffee.

Now that I look at things, it's no surprise that one of the most discussed/loved juices on ECF (Boba's Bounty) is 100% VG & 100% organic. I look back at when I was new at vaping & thought that vaperite made the best cakebatter juice around. I now realize that it could be because it's 100% VG, & 100% organic.

Going 100%VG & 100% organic when possible is just an experiment i'm doing in order to isolate the cause of my symptoms. Keep in mind I had decreased my nicotine percentage a few months ago. I vape the same ml/day (around 4-5). At the moment i'm concentrating on removing artificial colorings & PG from my juice.

I am in no way endorsing the vendors listed above, & I have no connection to them. Just letting you know where I was able to locate 100%VG/100% organic juice lines in case you are interested.

I'll continue to post here from time to time to let you know any updates that I feel are appropriate.

jen................if you change two things at once (i.e.) no pg and using only organic, how will you actually pinpoint the possibly true culprit?

This isn't a smarta** question in case it seems to be. I'm trying to figure a few things out myself and have always been told it is best to try one thing at a time.

Maybe this is off topic but I have wondered about the artificial sweeteners. Just like they are bad for you in other products, I suspect they might be causing some of the problems people have. If you use organic flavors, does that also mean no artificial sweeteners?

Thanks, and I wish you luck.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
Skydragon it is best for allergies to try one thing at a time, or to remove everything (stop vaping for a few days) and then add things back in one at a time.
If I were having these issues I'd try plain pg, then plain vg, then add flavors etc. !
Hope you guys figure out whats wrong!

Thanks sweetmeat.

I still wonder about the artificial sweeteners.

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
sky, most of the organic juice vendors will not use artificial sweeteners ..... one of the reasons all vg/organic - natural lacks in flavor.

Thanks tib. I have noticed a real lack of flavor with organics I have tried so now I know why. I thought that might be it but wasn't positive. However, I do wonder if sweeteners are causing some problems I have. Sooooo, I guess it will be like starting over trying to find juice I actually like. Waaaaaaa! :D

I know that might not be it.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
kitty from deejstuff is trying to work with me - he and my dermatologist seem to think the most likely culprit is artificial coloring ...... it's not easy, lol

No, unfortunately it isn't. I don't want to hijack this thread so sorry jen...............but may I ask what he is doing?

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
i'm sure jen won't mind. it looks to me as if she started this thread to hopefully get some feedback .....

on salemgold's advice i bought some 'now' vg and mailed that to deej since vaping his vg my throat got sore. i vaped 'now' by itself for a few days before sending it on. he will mix it with nic and some of his flavorings where he is sure no colorings are added. he is doing a test run with watermelon and i hope i'll be able to order today.
if all turns out well i'll gladly send you a sample.

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
Thanks tib. I have noticed a real lack of flavor with organics I have tried so now I know why. I thought that might be it but wasn't positive. However, I do wonder if sweeteners are causing some problems I have. Sooooo, I guess it will be like starting over trying to find juice I actually like. Waaaaaaa! :D

I know that might not be it.

You may want to try madvapes, I just did an order with them, and though the PG/VG are not organic as far as I know it says on all the bottles that they use organic flavors and they are really pronounced and not bland at all

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
very interesting point skydragon!
I've indeed got some juices that are just VG based flavorings.....(so all vg juice)
Then I've got others that actually use organic based vg flavorings.

So, not only is this a good "little experiment" for me, it's also a good one to explain to my son as we proceed through the steps of the scientific method.
Thanks so much for chiming in.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
jen, please don't overlook the alcohol in some of the organic juices as contributing to the problem .....

Excellent point here! I have noticed that alot of the companies that use an organic vg based flavoring definitely smell of etoh on arrival to my home. I have to steep them all for at least a few days. I don't notice that much evaporation (I thought I would notice quite a bit actually)

I honestly can't stand the scent of etoh in a juice. That is the only reason I try to steep it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread