Status
Not open for further replies.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
We read a lot of these, I thought it might be nice to consolidate it some. I've posted mine in numerous threads, but I'll tell it again to get us started.

I am 40 now, I started seriously smoking at 19. bronchitis and emphysema run in my family so it was pretty dumb of me to have even started! I suffer from chronic ear infections and bronchitis in the winter, three or four times a winter. The last time I had bronchitis I'd had it three weeks before seeing the doctor. When I went in I needed two lung inhalers, a nasal inhaler, a steroid pack antibiotics and they had to up my antihistamines. Yes, I am allergic to about everything that pollinates! The last time I was tested out of 185 things I was allergic to 127 of them.
I was on my way to a NASCAR race listening to SIRIUS radio's pre-race show and kept hearing the commercials about the "Smoke assassin" and really liked the idea of tapering off and the lack of ill effects!
A little research and I found out it was a scam with people selling things they didn't understand, much less care to!
A little more research and I kept ending up at e-cig all the time anyway, so I joined.
I read and read and read, then read some more, Everyone kept recommending the 510's and saying they were the way to go. But 90% plus of the threads I read about them were ways to make them better, work better, or just plain work? Tea bags, battery mods, dripping, change this or that? WTF? I want to quit smoking not get stressed out more I thought to myself!
Then by sheer dumb luck I found this sub forum. Yeah, this place was different for sure! Here are all these crazy people arguing about which flavor is better and who go the best customer service? Very odd compared to the rest of this place:lol:
I checked things out a bit more and lurked to make sure it wasn't BS, but there were too many happy people, even the unhappy people were happy in a day or two. "This is a company I want to deal with" I told myself! When I finally had the money together I had my wife sit down and I showed her the website, I showed her the videos, I made her read and watch as much as she would and told her this is what I want to do! She was impressed I had done that much research and was very encouraging.
I must say, I am happier with my choice more every day!
Thanks to ALL of you!

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
My story is just plain stupid! I was a non smoker until I was 21 , married to a smoker I couldn't get to quit! So I joined him..dumb, I know. He was hubby# 1..long gone (married to wife #5) and I still smoked. Fast forward a few (dozen)years and 2 husbands, I wanted to quit. I found E-cigs and the e-cigarette forum..right after I ordered a smoking everywhere type e-cig. 2 puffs and wait a couple minutes..2 more puffs.. I sent them back and got a 901. Loved it and quit analogs. Then after ordering my much loved pear liquid from Steve, He sent me a passthrough and some pear cartos. That was it for me. All the mods, adapters and 901's sit in my cigar box and I am vaping away on my VK's and cartos.
Thanks Steve and the gang!:D
I have 2 more days to go until i hit my 8 month NO ANALOG aniversary..thanks to all of you!

Peeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Smithville, Missouri, United States
I quit analogs 6 years ago...I was a 3-4 pack a day smoker. I loved smoking but hated the smell. I never craved it per se, but I did miss the actual hand to mouth and flavor. Fast forward to lately...I'm opening a new business in the new year and have been stressed so really wanted a cigarette. I was reading on another messageboard and someone was talking about the ecig. Eventually someone posted this messageboard but before I could read, I was desperate and ordered a blucig. When I got it, it was ok but after reading this board, decided to order a VK. I got it on Friday and I've been hooked.

Everyone who sees it, wants one so I've made multiple orders to complete my christmas shopping. My partner, who never smoked, has taken to vaping so I've also had to order multiple extra carts to accomodate that unforeseen thing lol. We've ordered a kit for her brother, whio lives in Ireland and for my mom, who smokes like a chimney.

On a side note, I'm thinking there may be a way to incorporate this into my new business...I'm very happy to have found this place and the VK. I no longer want to go down to the corner and buy a pack of analogs. :)

corybrown40

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I am 33 started smoking when i was 14. My mom was a smoker so i guess that is how that happened. Recently got my mom on V4L. I also tried the smoking everywhere e-cig it sucked balls to say the least. So I found this forum and was saved. the vapor king rocks been analog fre for 3 months. Never felt better.

Sheryl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2009
Minn., USA
I'm 54, smoked for 40 years. Have various health problems, lung damage due to cancer treatment, and COPD are 2 of them. Both of my parents died from resp./heart problems. (both smoked) I tried to quit on patches, gum, Zyban, Chantix to no avail. I seen a post on amazon in the gold box forum about 510's, this was my first e-cig. I was able to quit smoking, but got tired of all the hassle very quickly, once I found V4L I knew I could stick with it. I've not had a cig in 4 months, I'm not coughing anymore, and nasal drip is much improved. I haven't had a resp. infection in over 4 months, couldn't go a month without one before that. I'm really enjoying the VK, esp. in this weather. (40 below wind chill today)

Darrigaaz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
New Mexico, USA
I just got my ultimate kit yesterday. First, and probably only, ecig I'll ever get.

About 6 months ago, I read something about an ecig from Ruyan on a game forum I used to frequent. I was somewhat intrigued, and called my best friend since childhood about it to see if he wanted to give it a try with me. He said it sounded like a scam/fad and that it was dumb. We forgot about them until last week.

Last week, my friend wakes up to a radio commercial about some ecig company, and calls me up to discuss this radical new invention. I was all like, "DUDE! We talked about this in April!". Well, we both found this forum, and have spent 2 weeks lurking around and reading every piece of information we could find on ecigs.

He jumped the gun and ordered from Greensmoke. What a disappointment that was! He spent $220 and got 2 batteries, a charger, and a few cartos. We tried that for a day, and he sent it back. That night, we decide to each get a V4L kit because of all the information we've gathered, and V4L looks to be THE BEST by a huge margin.

I decided to get into ecigs to reduce the amount of cravings I have in between smoke breaks at work. So I only ordered a "fun" flavor I figured I'd enjoy. Thinking I'll get a few vanilla, and that'll tide me over til I can smoke my real cig.

I got my kit in yesterday afternoon, and without meaning to, have not had a SINGLE analog since opening my mailbox! I feel great!!! V4L sent me some freebies, and the best one is Nuport. Now I'm going to order a couple 5pks of them, and some juice if it's on the site so I can refill. The vanilla is good, but V4L somehow KNEW I'd LOVE this Nuport cart! I'm hooked!

I'm just ramblin on here, sorry. I'm so excited about not having an analog all day! What started out as a "fix" is going to replace my 15 year habit of 1-1 1/2 packs a day! I only wish I had ordered Nuport in my original order, so I don't have to make this one carto last until I can get some more!

Mighty Cowphin

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Oregon Coast
I have never ordered from V4L... but we cant all be perfect...lol... Anyway... I am 46, smoked since I was 12, neither of my parents smoked but my older siblings did... it was a fad at the time... quit for a few years when I was pregnant (have 5 kids now). wound up smoking between 1 1/2 to 2 packs a day.
I get really bed coughs and when I would I couldnt smoke... hated it... so I was using the patches... they did fine as long as I had them on... but as soon as I would take them off boom.. wanted a ciggy... to make a long story short was surfing the web and found e-cigs tried one hated it... sent it back and tried a 510.. LOVED it... now I have about 9 510's 5 801's 3 Janty's (my fav right now) 2 905's and I see no end in sight.

I do on occasion still smoke analogs, and am still working on hubby and my kids (hubby does like his Janty he just cant seem to go all the way... oh well... men... ) I think I have 3 of the 4 that smoke interested enough to give it a try.

Life is short, I enjoy smoking... I enjoy vaping WAY more!!!! no guilt, aint it grand!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS DARRIGAAZ

Last edited:

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida
I've been a smoker for most of my adult life. Honestly I love smoking. I hate the cost, smell and health risks but damn it a girl needs at least one vice! I had quit for two years, but then wandered back to smoking a bit over a year ago.

I spent about two months lurking in the forums here and learning about e cigs. I just didn't have the upfront money to buy and wanted to make sure it would work for me and not have to try every model out there to find "The One". I was all set to order a 510 based upon all the reviews but it sure seemed like a lot of fiddling when I stumbled upon a post from a V4L person then found my way to this subforum.

At that point I KNEW that this was the product and the company for me. I read pretty much every post since the start of the forum while I saved up to buy. I started small with just the PT and some cartos and juice. Just to make sure I would actually like vaping.

First drag I coughed my lungs out, I took a HUGE drag! Spent the rest of the day just sipping on it and didn't even crave a cigarette! I ordered again very shortly and haven't looked back since! Anything that could make me NOT crave a cigarette while LIVING with a smoker beyond amazing.

Still working on converting my boyfriend, I'm thinking he will need VG. But glad I found my answer so easily.

As we all know the customer service and quality of the product is beyond amazing! To Steve and the V4L crew, you saved my lungs!

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
Good timing - I had just typed a lot of this in another thread, so I got to copy and paste some of it ;-)

I'm 54 - I smoked for about 40 years, as much as 2.5-3 packs a day for a while, but more like 1 pack a day in the last 10 years or so. I tried half-heartedly to quit a few times, and did quit for a year about 12 years back after being hospitalized with pneumonia. But I went to a party and decided I needed to borrow a cigarette from somebody, and that's all it took to get me started again. I'm not particularly bright, as my mother, father and father-in-law all died from smoking-related illnesses, but I guess I figured I had picked my poison so long ago that there wasn't much hope for me. I never really had much in the way of symptoms from smoking until this past year, after we got the lovely fire-safe junk mandated in December 2008 (which as far as I can determine, is akin to smoking a little bit of your tennis shoes). I developed a regular cough and some mild but persistent congestion - I don't have any evidence, but I believe it had something to do with the FSC's.

Anyway, while on vacation this past October, a friend showed me his electronic cigar - I was intrigued by it, so I started doing some research when we got home, and stumbled onto the ECF. I read a lot about the 510, but saw a lot of folks complaining about short battery life, flooded attys, etc. The ease of the 2-piece KR808D-1 appealed to me, and I read a lot of positive comments about it. And I also read many glowing endorsements of Vapor4Life, so I took the plunge and placed my order. I wasn't hell-bent on quitting, but thought I'd try one out. The first 3 days I had a cig only when I felt I really needed one - I had a few cravings that the e-cig didn't quite satisfy, 4-5 per day. I bumped up my nicotine level a bit to 24mg, and on the 4th day I didn't have any cigarettes, and haven't had one since. I still have 3 and a half packs of Marlboros sitting around gathering dust, but have not been tempted to light one - I can't begin to imagine me not caving in under any other circumstances. I've had a few odd mild cravings from time to time, but I am fairly certain they have nothing to do with nicotine. I have started to reduce my nicotine levels in the past few days with no problem - maybe I'll get to 0 someday. I feel like I have more energy, am sleeping better, and my sense of smell and taste have improved dramatically. And that pesky cough and congestion disappeared within days.

This has been quite an amazing change for me, and it's still pretty early to be declaring victory over my smoking habit, but I believe I have a real chance now. My deepest thanks to Vapor4Life and to all of you whose comments led me here in the first place!

henrid84

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
houston
i just turned 25, been smoking since 15-16. ordered a VK UltMan kit. i smoked one cig the morning after i got it and that was my last one since. my family and girlfriend are so happy for me. im trying to get my brother to join in but he thinks its all a scam. i think he's curious though. my mom even said she told some of her co-workers about it so i gave her buisness cards to hand out. i know we may not have all the facts about long term effects but cmon, the answer is clear to me.:)

316lvm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
southern minnesota
We welcome all here!!!

Hot d*mn, my kind of place!!!:)

For some of us young-timers, remember when a pack of smokes was like 50 cents?

Started buying smokes online when it got too expensive to buy a carton at the tobacco shop. Was due to place an order, and found out that my cheapo brand of smokes now cost $27.00/carton. Started looking to buy smokes from overseas. Found a place where I could be 6 cartons plus shipping for around $125.00. Problem was that the smokes were "Made in India under the high standards of Philip Morris company" That was reassuring.

During my search for cheap smokes, I kept seeing ads for e-cigs. For me e-cigs = e-books, download stuff, etc. :confused: DUH. Smarta** that I am, how can you smoke off the computer? Followed some links to this forum.

Literally camped out at my computer for 3 days - chain smoking, drinking coffee, posty notes all over the place. "Oh God!! Mom's gone off the deep end!"8-o

Armed with all the information I got from this forum, I had a family discussion with my husband and son about trying the e-cig. If it didn't work out, I could always sell my stuff and re-coup some of my $$$$.

I ordered 2 starter kits and some other stuff from HealthCabin in China. 6 days later I got my package. (As an aside, I hate getting mail and equally hate opening it:grr:. Even if it's something I ordered. So the package sat on my counter for about 3 hours before I opened it.)

I put the e-cig together, put on a 24mg cart and took a drag. I done died and went to heaven. The only thing I regret, was after a few drags, I lit up a cig to compare with e-cig. If I had just continued to vape, I would have been smoke free from day 1.

After 31 years of smoking, I have been vapping 1.5 months and smoke free for 9 days.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:D

valentine92

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
PA
Im 41 and have been smoking since I was a kid. I tired to quit many many times. The longest I ever went without a cigarette was a few months. I went to the mall with my hubby and son and my son begged me to try the smokingeverywhere cig. My hubby was thrilled that I wouldnt stink anymore so he bought me a huge kit. Needless to say it didnt last long. The carts didnt last and it was way to expensive to buy carts. I started searching online and found this forum. What a blessing it was to me. I read a ton of posts and decided that V4life was the brand for me. With soo many rave reviews I placed my order. I have been happy with the products that I received. I am not smoking analogs anymore. Im on my third order already with no looking back.

KathyinColorado

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Colorado
Hi, I'll add my story too. I just turned 50 last month. I started smoking when I was 20. After the last time I tried to quit 2yrs ago, I ended up smoking an average of about 2 1/2 packs a day. After that I decided that I was a smoker and that was it. I was just going to accept that fact and deal with it and the costs. (financial and physical) I was really developing a bad smokers cough not to mention the hacking for a hour in the morning.
I had heard about e-cigs years ago but had forgotten about them until recently. I decided to research e-cigs and found my way ECF. After reading for quite some time I made the decision to get one of the Vapor Kings from V4L. There were so many great stories from people that were heavy smokers like me and they were having such success and fast. It sounded like company had great customer service unlike some others where folks were waiting weeks for a shipment or a response to an issue. These guys were right here on the forum with their customers and seemed more like a friend. I figured these were the people I wanted to deal with. I was right!
The day I got my VK I immediately went down to 8-10 cigs a day from 25. That was great! I couldn't believe it. I gradually cut down more and more. After 16 days I was done with them. I have now been smoke free for 1 month today. I am extremely happy and so grateful to V4L and all the people here on the forum that shared their stories and gave me the confidence to give this a try. Thank you all!
Forgot I wanted to add that all that coughing is long gone! No more morning hack! Yeah!

Kathy

Last edited:

Rockerella

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
San Fernando Valley, CA
Hi there! I'm 38 and had been smoking for 23 years. My last quit attempt lasted 4 months and after weaning off of the patch, the cravings hit me like a brick wall. I was craving every waking hour for weeks at a time. That turned into "if I smoke just ONE, the craving will go away." Right. That turned into closet-smoking about a half pack a day.

My friend (CatMommy) suggested trying the e-cig (she's a bit of a gadget fiend... lol). I belonged to an online "quit smoking" forum, where anyone mentioning an e-cig was lambasted. So I was a bit skeptical. Once I admitted to myself that my "slip" was more of a "relapse" - I agreed and had her pick out and order my e-cig. She decided that a VK was the best bet for me. Since I got it, I haven't craved an analog since. I did take a "hit" of one and thought it was DISGUSTING (after only two or three days of vaping.) Been smoke free for about a month now. Thanks v4l crew!

My story is just plain stupid! I was a non smoker until I was 21 , married to a smoker I couldn't get to quit! So I joined him..dumb, I know. He was hubby# 1..long gone (married to wife #5) and I still smoked. Fast forward a few (dozen)years and 2 husbands, I wanted to quit. I found E-cigs and the e-cigarette forum..right after I ordered a smoking everywhere type e-cig. 2 puffs and wait a couple minutes..2 more puffs.. I sent them back and got a 901. Loved it and quit analogs. Then after ordering my much loved pear liquid from Steve, He sent me a passthrough and some pear cartos. That was it for me. All the mods, adapters and 901's sit in my cigar box and I am vaping away on my VK's and cartos.
Thanks Steve and the gang!:D
I have 2 more days to go until i hit my 8 month NO ANALOG aniversary..thanks to all of you!

Congrats to you on being smoke free for 8 months. I was just wondering, with 901, it seems like a pain to have to push the cartridges out. I didnt realize there were so many different types of e-cigs. I use the KR808D from vapor cabin and when I am done with my cartridges I either throw them out or fill them with the fluid. How do you fill yours?? It just seems like a lot of work and big mess. Would love to hear your opinion. Thanks so much!:)

TheTout

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2009
Dearborn, Michigan
Hi, Just skip if you already read this!!

Smoked for at least 30 years, tried to quit, patch, hypnosis, etc.. could barely go 20 minutes without wanting a smoke (3 packs a day Marlboro). Never lasted through a whole movie (went outside for smoke), coughed like crazy, needed an inhaler just to play golf when it was hot out!

Radio ads all over Michigan, SE (smoke everywhere) decided to research, (thinking I've found another way to waste money). Found the e-cig forum, found the Vapor4Life sub forum ordered!

Received Friday as I was leaving for golf league, my husband opened and set-up everything, so that when I woke up Saturday I could start. Had 1 smoke before reading, started to vape and haven't had a cigarette in almost 3 months.

Now I'm on a mission to get the whole state of Michigan vaping!!

I love V4L for saving my life, my husbands, sister, friends, and who ever else I can convince to try it!!!

Shelly

MeMa

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
USA
First, I'd like to congratulate Everyone! those who quit analogs and those who have cut down!!
I think I was born smoking LOL! actually started extremely young. I've been smoking for over 40 years. 1.5-2 packs/day. If I didn't work, I'm sure that number would be much higher but it's difficult to leave the building every 10 minutes.
One of my brothers was 5 years cancer free (lung) when he died of congestive heart failure. Did I quit then? Heck no, I was in denial and angry and just dared fate to come after me too. This past summer my sister had a stroke. Same reaction but I think I used a hand gesture this time. I'm stubborn and rebellious :) I love my cigs! I did Not want to quit!
A co-worker mentioned e-cigs so I decided to research it. I met JenJen, Moonstruck, Phoenix on the beginners forum. They led me here. I thought, hmmmm, well maybe I can cut down. Cutting down would be good and I don't Have to quit! And I did cut down until I developed a sensitivity to the PG. I love the taste though and I keep trying. I am excited that VG will be coming soon, and keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to quit (yikes! did I actually say quit?) at $92.50 a carton it is getting too expensive.

Last edited:

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
Some have heard a bit of this before.

My Mom gave me my first cigarette when I was 13 thinking it would make me so sick I would never smoke. Big mistake, (on both are parts). Turned 64 last Monday. Within 2 years I was seriously consuming massive quantities of any type of cigarette I could get my hands on and I've smoked plenty of previously main stream brands that haven't existed for years. Smoked some of the strongest brands ever made.

Turned 64 last Monday so that turns out to be a lot of smokes. Maybe 52K packs. It was about 6 months ago that I decided I was spending my retirement on cartons of cigarettes and needed to take action, admittedly to save money, at the time. Got a sample of the dreaded mall E-Cig one day and thought to myself, self, this could work. Fortunately I didn't invest in the SE at the Mall. Being old enough to be wiser I started doing my research. First mistake was buying an Eaze, then went through 2 other E-Cigs finding them to be too bland or difficult and I was too impatient.

Eventually came to the ECF and lurked after visiting dozens of other sites and found V4L. One of the best decisions I ever made was to purchase a VK. I am proud to call myself a customer of V4L and a part of the family.

Haven't totally quit but getting really close and unlike some around here I'm saving a ton of money, which was my original goal. (I don't have a 5 year supply:lol:) And enjoying spending more time with my V4L than with the stinky buts.

My Dad is 91 and never smoked, (and very active), my Mom passed at 92 and smoked most of her life. Both my younger sisters quit years ago but I guess I come from sturdy stock. At 64 I'm on zero meds.

I think it was Steve who said that one day he decided he enjoyed vaping much more than smoking and that was his turning point. I hope to get there soon myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread