Some opinions on glass cartomisers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
Depends on the flavoring you use. I've had mine last as long as 8 days and as short as needing changed on the second day. Replacements heads are easy and cleaning them is pretty easy too. But, I'm having trouble with it randomly deciding to drain itself of liquid....

I mainly go by size. I don't want to refill the tank all the time regardless of how easy it is. That's why I got the PTII.

I think I'll get more than one new type of clearo and see how I get on with them. The liquid draining sounds like a PITA though...

I hear you about the size but like Optimo says the big ones will look stupid on my EVOD and I take it out and about a lot.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I use the Mini Davide on an Ego-type battery and love it. If I remember, I chose the Davide over the PT because the glass on the PT bulges out and the number of times I drop my PV I thought the MD might live longer. So far, knock on wood, it seems to have been a wise decision. I did buy backups for my backups though just in case.

I'm going to go a different route in a much as my backups will probably all be different lol. Maybe when I find out which ones I like I will get proper backups. God, this was all so simple when my EVOD was enough... It still is really, but I want a glass one for tricky liquids.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I'm going to go a different route in a much as my backups will probably all be different lol. Maybe when I find out which ones I like I will get proper backups. God, this was all so simple when my EVOD was enough... It still is really, but I want a glass one for tricky liquids.

Oh yeah, don't get a backup until you know you like it. Been there, done that. :glare:

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
they all good tanks I run pro tank 1 protank 2 and mini protank 2 with detachable dripper and also kanger uni tank but that's plastic I would go with the mini version if your on ego style batts you have three to choose from

I read that there were problems with the mini protank 2 with non removable dripper that you don't get with the one with detachable dripper you know anything about that?

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
I just got a few Pyrex ARO's today (which many say is much better than the EVOD), loaded one up with my favorite liquid, and I like it. First time I have used a clearo that didn't taste horrible (I only taste the liquid so far, no burnt or metallic taste whatsoever). Although it is a little big, but holds a good amount of liquid.

Now compared to cartos, it is a lot less 'warm' and much more airy. But despite feeling airy and cooler, it hits hard with great vapor production! And I can also taste the sweetness in my liquid a lot more than with cartos.

Since I just got it today I am not sure how it will do in terms of leaking, but from other reviews and comments I have read about the ARO, is that it seals up tight and doesn't leak. All by the way it seals up, I believe it.

Replacement coils are about $1.50, which is a pretty good deal. And it looks like the tank itself will be pretty easy to clean out when I do want to use another liquid in it. Tank is heavy duty too, feels very solid and should last me many years.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
Thanks ITPython I just read somewhere the ARO's are top coil I'm not sure how much difference that makes. Are they easy to fill like the EVOD's?

There are glass AROs with a top coil and there are new the AROs with a bottom coil that look similar to the EVOD.

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
Thanks ITPython I just read somewhere the ARO's are top coil I'm not sure how much difference that makes. Are they easy to fill like the EVOD's?

The ones I got, from Madvapes, are bottom coil glass ARO's. Didn't even realize they had top coil versions.

And I've never tried a EVOD, but these are really easy to fill straight from a bottle (I didn't need a syringe or anything).

nampla

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
prachinburi, thailand/phx,az
Yeah. I would suggest picking the size depending on your battery size. A full size pro tank looks silly on an ego battery imo. To each his own though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I use my PT on my EVOD batt...:vapor: but then I also wear bunny slippers and a Lebowski style bathrobe and jelly shoes. :vapor::vapor:
Seriously, I do. ( the tank ) It is top heavy, and feels somewhat strange in the paw and has the look of a magic wand out of some fantasy...but the bad boy provides the delivery I require.
Note- only at home do I do this.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
I use my PT on my EVOD batt...:vapor: but then I also wear bunny slippers and a Lebowski style bathrobe and jelly shoes. :vapor::vapor:
Seriously, I do. ( the tank ) It is top heavy, and feels somewhat strange in the paw and has the look of a magic wand out of some fantasy...but the bad boy provides the delivery I require.
Note- only at home do I do this.

That's all that matters anyway. I get weird looks all the time with my evic out in public. Like many folks say around here, there is no wrong way to vape if it keeps you off analogs

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread