Sore throat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all so much for all the advice!

I am from the UK and don't recognise a lot of the brands of E-Cigs on this forum. I am using the "Nucig".

NUCIG Ultimate Full Kit

This kit comes with cartridges which I have been using and also a tank system which I can't use, it tastes horrible and sometimes get the liquid in my mouth which is vile. I am having trouble refilling the tank, so am just going to bin that part and continue with the cartridges.

I have now gone one full week without a cigarette and had a puff of my daughter's earlier and it was DISGUSTING!!

I have never, ever found it so easy to quit before (I have quit for 3 years in the past using the cold-turkey method, but it was hard going) and apart from the sore throat and cough, which are now beginning to subside, it has been a breeze.

I have recommended that my brother give it a try as he is a heavy smoker too. My Partner has cut down as well, he was a 40 a day smoker and has been using my spare battery etc. He is down to between 10 and 20 a day now, so it's a start!

I am just about to order another starter kit for my daughter, but she wants a different brand. Any recommendations? It has to be available in the UK though. :)

Andy Thatcher

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2012
Brit in Orlando
I live here but am from there if you get my drift.

80% of the stuff you see mentioned on this forum is available in the UK. Some of the juices that are raved about are not but certainly most of the hardware.

The thing that is getting me is the lack of drama to this. Last time I tried to quit I was a moody nasty bugger to be honest and this is a breeze.

Anyway good luck with your quest.

I live here but am from there if you get my drift.

80% of the stuff you see mentioned on this forum is available in the UK. Some of the juices that are raved about are not but certainly most of the hardware.

The thing that is getting me is the lack of drama to this. Last time I tried to quit I was a moody nasty bugger to be honest and this is a breeze.

Anyway good luck with your quest.

I agree, it is so easy!!! Haven't even thought about having a cigarette until today when I left my e-cig at home by accident and after realising I hadn't got it, I began thinking I may just have a small drag on my daughter's cigarette. I was pretty stunned to tell the truth, it tasted SO bad!

Chewed mint gum for the rest of the time I was out and a couple of drags on my e-cig when I got home and I was all sorted again!

I wish I had discovered these years ago, I have been an on-off smoker for 25 years now, but feel quite confident that this is definitely the way forward.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
I am just about to order another starter kit for my daughter, but she wants a different brand. Any recommendations? It has to be available in the UK though. :)

Hi. I would recommend looking at the Forum Suppliers page here. These suppliers are generally more likely to be reputable than those you might find elsewhere. Two UK-based ones that I know of are Liberty Flights and Cloud 9 Vaping.

I don't know anything other than what I've just seen from the link that you provided for your kit, but that vendor has prices that are quite high for what looks like an eGo-style kit with a couple of extra things. It looks as if it may have 510-style connections, as normal eGo kits usually have, too.

Kits like the one you have are eGo (or Riva) types, of which there are various combinations of hardware and battery sizes. EGO styles have battery capacities of 650mah and up. There are plenty of other larger battery models under different names elsewhere, many of which emulate the eGo style. They are good kits to start with, IMO. Most of these sites assume that you want to buy bottled liquid, though. Empty cartridges and cartomizers are widely sold, and you just have to learn how to properly fill them.

There are other sites that have offerings of full, coordinated product lines, who sell prefilled cartomizers and such, but they generally sell smaller, cig-sized e-cigs.

wizac

Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
denver co
I never coughed even after smoking for 25yrs, and I also had those same problems when i started vaping...I worried the e juice was causing fluid build up in my lungs. lol , two and half weeks later I laughed at myself for even thinking like that. and now two months in, I'm a vape train and love every second of it. no more coughing except on a big killer vape hit.

Covlad

Mar 14, 2012
Uk
Hi Jodaline

I like you am from the uk and started on the nucig starter kits 4 months ago, i still use their vg juice and get on really well with it. Ive never looked back! Ive moved on since then and one thing i can highly reccomend are 'bud tanks' these will just attach onto your existing battery. So easy to fill and i havent had one leak or dissapoint yet

Stick with it and drink the water!!

Hello!
Just wanted to say I'm in the UK, also started with NUCIG and imo there are a lot of suppliers here who are a lot better for price, reliability and range of juice. Personally I use OK Smokey for the juice. A lot of people swear by VapeEscape.
I have a sore throat occasionally (I'm three weeks in). I suspect it is worse when I use carts than when I use atomisers.
I haven't gone as far as moving to a VG juice, but if the sore throats persist I'll try the Mom & Pop Vapor Shop *RY0* from VapeEscape
Main message is to keep trying until something works - you'll find it sooner or later and its got to be better than smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread