Starter Kits - been vaping for almost 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi, I started vaping to quit smoking almost 3 years ago. I don’t smoke anymore, but use vaping like smoking. I am not after large clouds etc. I currently use an Aspire Nautilus on an eLeaf iStick 30Watt. I use the mod at 7 watts and the coil I use is the 1.6 ohm BVC coils. I am looking for a new set up and have been looking at the new starter kits out there. I am a little nervous that some of them are designed not for what I am looking for, but just for large clouds. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been looking at iStick Power Nano 1100mAh 40W TC Starter Kit, eVic Basic 1500mAh 40W TC TCR Starter Kit, and the Target Mini 1400mAh 40W TC TCR Starter Kit. I know they all come with tanks so looking for the best of both. Thanks, any help you can offer is appreciated.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Most starter kits like those come set up for sub-ohm vaping. Meaning the coils that it comes with are below 1 ohm and the tanks have wide open air flows. Fortunately most tanks have adjustable airflow that allow them for MTL vaping.

If you can find an Eleaf PICO starter kit, I would recommend that one. They run less than $40 usually and it comes with a Melo 3 Mini tank. Most users have had bad experiences with the MELO 3 but I have 2 and haven't had a single problem with either.

What's great about the MELO 3 is it is compatible with aspire Triton (the regulars, not the mini's) 1.8 ohm coils. So you can tighten the airflow and still get a wonderful MTL vape with it.

Alternatively, your Nautilus will also work great if you just buy the PICO itself.

With the PICO you'll need external batteries. I'd recommend the LG HG2'S or the Samsung 30Q's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Mark
I myself have also been looking for travel friendly starter kits and all my devices are rebuildable sub-ohms so that is the comparison I'd be making to judge their performance. One of the must haves for me is a separate battery. Neither do I like the thought of having to trash the unit because the battery has to be replaced but many of the integrated batteries are simply to little in terms of power to get through more than a few hours of vaping. A 1500 mah battery is woefully inadequate and even a 2300 is not enough, I like the 3000's to get through the day.
Given that I chose to try a Joyetech Evic AIO. I haven't yet received it so I can't tell you much about it first hand.
Of course a day or two ago I saw the new temperature control Innokin 75 w Kroma starter kit and even the Ijoy RDTA Box 200w kit. Both look like they could give the standard sub-ohm system a run for it's money in a starter kit.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi, I started vaping to quit smoking almost 3 years ago. I don’t smoke anymore, but use vaping like smoking. I am not after large clouds etc. I currently use an Aspire Nautilus on an eLeaf iStick 30Watt. I use the mod at 7 watts and the coil I use is the 1.6 ohm BVC coils. I am looking for a new set up and have been looking at the new starter kits out there. I am a little nervous that some of them are designed not for what I am looking for, but just for large clouds. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have been looking at iStick Power Nano 1100mAh 40W TC Starter Kit, eVic Basic 1500mAh 40W TC TCR Starter Kit, and the Target Mini 1400mAh 40W TC TCR Starter Kit. I know they all come with tanks so looking for the best of both. Thanks, any help you can offer is appreciated.
I vape nearly the same set up you do. I have been using the same Istick 40TC (2600mAh) battery for over a year with no problems. If you are not changing your power/ohm settings, the 40TC is hard to beat.
I use RDA's only but I have read good things about:
Joyetech TRON-S 4ml, Tank,Kayfun 3(+), the Taifun GT2 v2, and the Flash-e-Vape v3.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I would not recommend the Evic AIO, probably not any AIO if they are designed the same. Bad design with the airflow way too restricted and the 0.25 coil dosen't even have the air flow through the coil which leaves it as little more than a boiling pot at the end of the chimney. No wonder folks say this thing has a spitting problem, I ended up drinking more juice than vaping it. With the 1.5 ohm coil it is designed to have the air flow through it but it is still way too restrictive on its flow. The clouds were anemic and the taste was poor. In fact the only saving grace to the AIO is that it comes with an adapter to allow you to put a normal atty on top of it using it as a mod only.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread