Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Honestly, it surprised me a bit too. The owner, Kent Brooks, did finally answer my question on their thread by stating that it is "normal" for them to send out juice that old. The juice was 30% off when I ordered it, so my first thought when I received it was that it was discounted because of the age....but again, according to Nicoticket, that was normal and had nothing to do with the discount.

This is true - the age of the liquid had nothing to do with the discount.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Everyone has a theory.

Mine - juice does take time to "steep" to allow full/max mixture and oxidize(also adds/changes) flavor notes, but some "notes" do taste off when allowed to fully mix with other notes. As far as personal juice I've had, a few "store" juices did get worse over time but most were fine/better after time. All diy I've made has gotten better after steeping, nothing has yet to get worse. Current batch is an 8month vanilla tobacco menthol and a 12month bubblegum. The bubblegum I absolutely hated when mixed since it tastes like authentic "made from scratch" pink gum including licorice, but 12 months later the licorice is gone and it's alot more paletable/enjoyable.

As far as the OP, I could be wrong, but I expect nicoticket uses an airtight seal machine for the bottles. They may fully mix, but only half steep without opening due to no oxygen present to medle with the chemistry/taste.

All of our liquid benefits from additional steep time... but that additional steep time doesn't begin until the bottle is open and oxygen is allowed to steep.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I guess what throws me off is that Nicoticket states that the juice doesn't start steeping until the air tight seal is broken when the customer opens the bottle....yet their website says all of their juices are "adequately pre-steeped", and will continue to mature after the born-on date. :blink:

The liquid is pre-steeped before we bottle it - so - it's adequately pre-steeped, and will continue to steep after you open the bottle.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I think that last statement is a leftover from when they used the plastic bottles. With these new bottles there are juices I like fresh and others...ACB and Cure, that once I receive I crack, allow to breathe a bit, reseal and shake and put away. They just get richer in flavor, to me, after some time. Found a bottle that had a small amount of ACB that was about 18 months old and it was HEAVEN!
The old Got Cookie is a good example. Fresh there was a mint note, much like eating a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie. Some people loved the mint and were disappointed when it went away, others didn't like it at all because of the mint. Within a few weeks of cracking the bottle, airing, shaking and letting sit that mint note was gone. I'm vaping Got Cookie with a BOD of 12/23/14 right now and to me it's just as good as it was when I opened the first bottle that long ago. I'm still getting the mint note when I first open one of these glass bottles.

Good point. If the bottles were steeping after sealed, the mint would be totally gone - but - the mint is still there, because the steeping process has been all but stopped due to oxidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread