Nicoticket Steeping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
Wow, thanks for the great info and links. I have always wanted an uc, this may push it over the edge. I am surprised HF has such a pricy one, but the coupon that's always sent in the mail should bring it to the 50 dollar range or so - I need to get some magnifying things for these tiny coils anyway. Probably there will by a mech mod or bottom feeder first...and the Origen, and the...damn it will never stop will it?
I do hate waiting though, and any truly beneficial gear I can always justify to myself;)
Thanks

I know this belongs in the "enabler" thread, but seriously, look into the REO for a mech/ bottom feeder.... that thing is a pure workhorse, and you can NOT hurt them. Excellent Mechanical.

AnotherADDiction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2010
St. Pete, Florida
Yes, I need to get my supplies in order, and start my steeping stockpile.
I looked at the ultrasonic cleaner at Harbor Freight, and for $60.00 (80 - 25% coupon) it looks like a winner. I also see a bunch of other uses, and even went down a rabbit hole on making liposomal encapsulated vitamin C with the uc- yes, my mind is a scary place. It did explain how/why this method may work, minus the absorbtion, lipids, vit C (ok, nothing similar) - An ultrasonic cleaner vibrates liquid with high frequency sound (25 kHz – 150 kHz). The high frequency vibrations encapsulates, or coats vitamin C particles in a layer of lipid material (liposomes) allowing for easy absorption through cell walls. The encapsulation also protects the ascorbic acid from being destroyed by stomach acid.
I wont even go into my thoughts of utilizing a 'tower of Hanoi' method of rotation of steeping stock (yes, I'm joking just dealing with a back up issue)
I will shut up and crawl back under my rock now...

Funny, as I am starting to read the steeping threat, I see that the making of liposomal Vitamin C is mentioned and this link is given: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBp879mfgI

Last edited:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I had a few bottles from other vendors that I wanted to finish. While I was finishing those, I started ordering what I wanted to steep from Nicoticket. I was putting orders in for 3 to 4 30ml bottles at a time (I do it that way because my brother, who started me on my vaping odyssey, comes by to grab a bottle every now and then if he's running low on his stash). I just kept ordering (no, I'm not finished ordering yet).
I know they're good to go when you get them, but I got a taste of an older bottle that I had, and it was really good, and it led me to ask, "How long will these eliquids store before I have to worry about them going bad?" I want to test that; so, I plan on steeping everything for as long as I can. I figure I'll start vaping the steeped stuff in another month or so (that will be 3-4 months of steep time for Frenilla, CLS, CB, GCD and Doodle). I plan on putting in another order around the 15th; who knows when I'll get to vaping any of that order, but it'll probably have about 5-6 months steep time before I touch it.

At present - I have some bottles that have been steeping 9 months. The bakery vapes have yet to "drop off." There have been reports of Betelgeuse "fading" after about 6 months, although I haven't personally experienced that. I'd say 6 months is about the time you have to look at the bottle and say "It doesn't get any better than this." 12mg CLS will be DARK - like, dark brown like caramel candy. If you have one of those, feel free to PM me, I will buy it back. HAHA

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
At present - I have some bottles that have been steeping 9 months. The bakery vapes have yet to "drop off." There have been reports of Betelgeuse "fading" after about 6 months, although I haven't personally experienced that. I'd say 6 months is about the time you have to look at the bottle and say "It doesn't get any better than this." 12mg CLS will be DARK - like, dark brown like caramel candy. If you have one of those, feel free to PM me, I will buy it back. HAHA

How do those 9 month old eliquids taste, compared to those that have been steeping maybe 1 or 2 months?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
How do those 9 month old eliquids taste, compared to those that have been steeping maybe 1 or 2 months?

There are some surprises...

I'm not sure if anyone has a bottle of Chocolate Carousal around, but, my oldest bottle tastes just like Nutella... no kidding (delicious).

CLS steeps like a champ, but I really haven't detected much change in it past 6 months or so (12mg). It's an excellent deep steep candidate, although it's admittedly hard to do without a massive budget or just hiding the bottle from yourself.

Personally, I think CB "fell off a cliff" at about 4-6 months because the custard overtakes the burnt caramel. This might be a pro or a con depending on perspective, but I love the burnt caramel finish. It's kind of inevitable given the way custard steeps (gets stronger, more intense with time)... so this is largely personal preference. It's super rich, decadent... but I personally like the balance around the 2-4 month time frame (I'll probably never deep steep CB again, personally)

H1N1 is un-godly good after 8 weeks, and gets nothing but better with time. The tobacco NET portion of the tobacco completely takes over the liquid and it's delicious.

AnnieP65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
PA, USA
confused so here is my question: I thought the "born date" was the date the juice was mixed. Radioactive details on the site say "limited time offer that was mixed on 1/12/2014" but the bottle says the born date is 2/2/14. So the born date is the bottling date not the date mixed?
Thank you in advance.

I noticed that too. I know for a fact that Clark made the original 'Open' much sooner than 2/2. So...it was either an error on the bottle, a new batch got made, or Clark was high on NT FUMES. I do know one thing--my newly received Radioactive was the same color as my Open beta. So I'm leaning towards that the born on date was an error. When I received Open, it was verrrry light in color.

AnotherADDiction

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2010
St. Pete, Florida
I would guess that the born on date is generated when the bottles are filled, labels are printed. For most cases, this is close to the time that is is made.
With some of the juices, such as Franilla and Radioactive, they are steeped in house to bring them 'to spec' (conception date), and then they are bottled/shipped out, which revives the born on date.
I would think the at home steeping begins when you get them, which the born date will track
So, the conception date would be initial mix, and the born date is when it is bottled/filled, and given that extra bit of love/life.

My mental picture of the juice being born brings to mind Michaelangelo's Cistine Chapel ceiling fresco, with the almost touching fingers, where Adam receives the spark of life e.g. Superman bottling the juices and allowing them to go forth and be 'fruitful'

I may be totally wrong, going overboard, but it sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread