Not open for further replies.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
VENDOR: Stormy's Vapor Cellar at Untitled Document

ITEM / MODEL: Mini Storm tank 510 2.4-2.6ohm (w/ optional 510 drip-tip)

CONCLUSION:
If you're looking for a solid economical tank system with great function, good build, and fantastic customer support then you can't go wrong with Stormy's Storm tank. And the 510 drip-tip Stormy sent me was a welcome upgrade. I grade it a A- and will repeat buy. -Magnus

ECF CREDITS: CloudBurst for the excellent customer service. PKZap27 for all sorts of help. Secti0n31 for some PMs and ideas. And basilray of VapeTV for his video review.

---

In the search for my 'final solution' to tanks I've been trying MAPs again and waiting to acquire the GP-SSR system. However, I might just skip any further exploration after today's experience. The equipment combinations tried were a lil' Chuck and a Precise P18 both at 3.7v fitted with a 2ml Mini Storm Tank at 2.4-2.6ohm and 510 connection without an extension adapter. I had BWB Malty in one Tank (using standard tip) and AVE Gorilla Juice in the other (w/ 510 drip-tip).

IMG_20110519_213549.jpg

IMG_20110519_213623.jpg

IMG_20110519_213611.jpg

IMG_20110519_213633.jpg

The first order of business was reading the instructions (Storm Tank Instructions : Stormys Vapor Cellar, Electronic Cigarettes & More) and breaking down both tanks to practice re-assembly. As some of you may know I'm dealing with what is hopefully a temporary disability that basically leaves me with one hand to work with. So I'm very happy to report than even with my difficulties I was able to break-down and re-assemble the three test tanks easily. Some notes on this..

- I was able to comfortably get 1.8ml and 1.9ml in each tank without issue. Measure it out the first time if you can so you get a visual for each additional time.

- It will take one to three practice runs to get the mouthpiece/gasket assembly to sit just right. If you're using the 510 drip-tip it might take a fourth. This took me all of about five minutes with my one hand and some lips and teeth for the assist.

- I was able to remove and replace one CE2 (didn't have to, just wanted to try). It was troublesome for my own situation but the instructions are accurate and it all worked fine.

The fill was easy just dripping along the side as the instructions say but I also used a syringe for exact measurement and better control. Nothing to see here, all as expected.

The vaping is EXCELLENT. I haven't had much luck w/ dual-coils and I took a small risk at 2.4-2.6ohm instead of my usual 2.8ohm. The risk worked out well, they ran maybe a touch warm but the ease of drags and vapor production was just fantastic. With either tip it was just as easy to pull on my lungs and get the same amount of vapor. The 510 drip-tip shined in ~comfort~ for me though. My wife, with her smaller mouth and lips, liked the standard tip just fine. If I had to choose, was forced to choose, I'd say go with the 510 drip-tip even if you never intend to drip.. but you're not losing much if anything w/ the standards.

Leaks? Build? The aesthetics? Between my wife and myself we got three tanks of liquid through today. Two cleanings. And lots of trying to figure out something wrong with them. Neither of us had leaking problems during use or on their side for short periods. I will leave two on their side filled overnight just for a look. They feel solid and even though they're custom cut they look manufactured enough to fit right in on the ultra-sleek Precise. While they do not feel as 'solid' as a MAP, they don't feel flimsy by any measure.

Cleaning was as easy as can be expected. I did notice that it appears that Stormy pre-fluffs the wicks as they weren't nearly as tightly wound and wicked much better than my stock CE2 baseline devices. If this was intentional, which I didn't ask, this is another attention to detail that you've just got to appreciate. I clean using a needle-tipped steamer with distilled water and that works great for me.

The purchase process was great as it also gave me an opportunity to experience their customer service first-hand. I'm not a gifted reviewer and do not get special attention... all I did was ask on a Stormy's thread when the 2.4-2.6ohm minis would be back in stock. Within hours CloudBurt put up the exact ones I wanted in the quantity I needed and they were shipped the next morning. Packaged and labeled well with an included business card. Once arrived I had a quick few questions and within the hour had answers. Just great stuff here.

My mind is all over the place so that's it for now.. I'll follow-up in a few days with any new information. I'm open to any questions, suggestions, and most insults. -Magnus

UPDATE: I was asking why A- and no A or A+. Really it comes down to me being stingy and a feeling. Maybe on my follow-up, with more confidence and time under my lips, I'll revise that too.

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
So my wife and I have been using these all-day for a few days now. So far there have been no problems or complaints but here are two tips:

- When pushing in the mouthpiece/gasket DON'T cover the tip with your finger. My wife did this twice and the pressure caused some leaking during the assembly.

- You 91% or higher isoproyl for the rinsing of the tank between tear-downs and any that gets in crevices quickly evaporates or just leaves undetectable traces of water.

Still loving these. -Magnus

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
how pocket friendly is it?

I'm going with ~not~ very friendly so far.. The main problem is if the tip shifts more than a little then it isn't sealed on the top of the CE2 cup. Then that floods, fluid in the mouth, clogged, etc.

But that's fairly common across all the tanks really. I've seen designs that look like they ~hold~ the very tip of the CE2 cup in place but I've yet to find out that actually works. I will never use anything that doesn't use filler material or a bottle for pocket use because of this. -Magnus

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
If they could really REALLY stop the leak situation then I could see a Storm Tank or a Minus Tank being very friendly. Maybe even a MAP depending on the size mod it was on. I carry the Storm Tank on my P18 in my pockets now with the awareness that I best be aware the mouthpiece shifting could mean uncomfortable juices in my pants. -Magnus

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
As a final follow-up to this review I'm going to stick with A- and maybe slide is just slightly down to B+ for a final grade after ~30ml through it between my wife and myself. The more it was used, the more it became my preferred tank system but it still suffers in the two areas tanks have always failed for me. One; the tips on all tank systems aren't horribly pocket friendly and aligning them on re-assembly can bend the CE2 stalk enough to reduce function. And two; they eventually leak after a few cleanings and re-assemblings.

With that said the Storm Tank is still my goto tank and I've retired my MAP permanently. I will still take a look at the GP-SSR and maybe the Could 9 system in the near future. I'm not a fan of the dual-coil systems thusfar but Stormy offers a dual-coil tank system w/ filler that seems to have a lot of people excited. Cheers, -Magnus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread