Stumped with my MVP 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgeAgainst

Verified Member
Hey gang!

Got my MVP 2.0 and my Protank II in the mail today. I was in a rush to meet up with someone for dinner so I just put my Mini Protank II v2 on it and walked out the door. Was getting nice big clouds, good hits and was extremely happy. Finally got home and filled up the PT II and no big clouds, no good hits. Did some research for changing the watts and came up with what I thought I understood to be as such:

Mini PT II (1.8 coil) reads: A2.1/U4.0. So, (4*4)/2.1 = 7.619... Rounded up to 8 watts. Result: Good smoke/hits
PT II (2.2 coil) reads: A2.4/U4.0. So, (4.4)/2.4 = 6.66... Rounded up to 7 watts. Result: Weak smoke/hits

The driptip on my PT II seems kind of loose (some wiggle to it) whereas the driptip on the Mini PT fits solid. Also - it seems like I can't get a good draw in through the PT II, but a good draw through the Mini PT.

In fairness, I am using two different flavor liquid (same manufacturer) - not sure if this affects anything.

Am I doing something wrong with this? I did get a 5 pack of the 2.2 coil replacements for the PT, should I switch both tanks to the 2.2 coils?

Absolutely baffled and would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks in advance!

Iquitcigs

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2013
Kent uk
did you prime the pro tank the heads won't make a lot of difference with mvp v2 as you can alter your watts and volts if you didn't prime let it sit for bit with the juice in it and try again if it still docent work take it apart and check everything make sure all the o rings are in the right places blow the head out on to a paper towel it could be flooded then reassemble and try again

Utew

ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Eugene, OR
ProTanks (and all the Kangers) can be a bit problematic sometimes.

A lot depends on the viscosity of the juice as to how well they wick and how fast they wick. High VG content can be difficult, high PG content may be easier, due to it being thinner. I run 100% VG in one of my ProTank 2's, but I have to remove one of the flavor wicks (in the head) to do it.

On a new tank, be sure to wash it well before use. Fill your tank.. and prime the head, this helps in my experience. Unscrew the head from the tank, drop a couple of drops of eliquid on the wicks, both sides... then screw the head back in. This may be enough.

If you do go to remove a flavor wick (two flavor wicks set on top of the main wick with the coil around it). I suggest doing it when it is wet with eliquid, use tweezers and remove about half of one wick (the topmost wick) and see how it is vaping at that point.

Last edited:

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
AA, just a tip, when you press both buttons to read the coil resistance, the voltage that is displayed after the coil resistance is the voltage of the battery, not the voltage you have set if you're in VV mode. Its not very clear in the instructions.

When you're in variable wattage mode, both PT's should be getting the same power regardless of the coil resistance.

If you last changed the voltage, then its in variable voltage mode, if you last changed the wattage, then it goes into variable wattage mode.

Possibly just a coil replacement will get the PT going.

OldSeer

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Sun's Shadow, USA
AgaAgainst... Congrats on that new MVP 2.0... I'd like to share some info
that has been shared before and may help you greatly in deciding which you may want
to use when it comes to how VV or VW is applied as tools to your advantage. Suggest you
read the following... It WILL clear up many thing for you that apply to setting up you MVP.

Biggest Lesson To Learn: If you went and got yourself a spanking new mod
that offers both variable voltage and variable wattage the first thing you need
to know is that it is a “either/or” situation.

See: Taking The Mystery Out Of Variable Wattage - Spinfuel Magazine

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
If you're still not getting good hits, take apart your PT coil head and carefully take the silica out of the coil and replace with cotton from an organic cotton ball...less is more. Your coils will last a while and you'll just need to replace the cotton every few days. It's easy and takes a minute or two and is worth it.

AgeAgainst

Verified Member
Once again thank you for the tips!

Still getting a better draw with the Mini PT over the PT.

Elfy - Watched your video and as a result ordered some Kanthal wire! Going to try this out.

Oldseer - Thank you for the link! Made a new bookmark folder for all my vaping and that link was saved!

I already had to charge my MVP (about 23 hours after opening the package), but I did put through about 900-1000 puffs through it. Must have misread where it lasts 3 to 5 days on a charge (but I suppose that depends on usage). Probably do about a 5-6 second puff.

At the price I may order a backup instead of using my old batteries as backup! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread