Sub-ohm causes vapers tongue ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie124

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
United Kingdom
Never had vapers tongue before. Used a nautilus for 3 years. Started sub-ohm vaping a month ago now I can't taste the juice at all. Could it be caused by sub-ohm ?
How can I get my taste back.? Don't want to use it with my expensive e-liquid when I can't taste a thing. Anyone have any ideas how to stop this happening again and how long does it take to get your taste back ? Been a couple of days now.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Never had vapers tongue before. Used a nautilus for 3 years. Started sub-ohm vaping a month ago now I can't taste the juice at all. Could it be caused by sub-ohm ?
How can I get my taste back.? Don't want to use it with my expensive e-liquid when I can't taste a thing. Anyone have any ideas how to stop this happening again and how long does it take to get your taste back ? Been a couple of days now.
I do DIY liquid at 400 degrees, 30 max watts. I only vape one flavor at only 1% concentration in the mix. It tastes the same and is fine day after day. May be your flavoring is too strong.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
i have always been sub ohm,, and would get chronic vt,,, discovered by accident it was cotton,,,,,,,cotton absorbs the fluid,, but it doesnt really 'move the ejuice'.. it sorta sits there like an old kitchen rug all wet at the back door. rayon moves fluid like a water pipe.... i chain vape so i dont want dry hits or vapors tongue. switch to rayon or seriously thin down/spread out/fan your cotton wick until you can get some rayon.

ps,, i feel so strongly about this topic it has been part of the signature at the bottom of all of my posts.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have always been sub ohm,, and would get chronic vt,,, discovered by accident it was cotton,,,,,,,cotton absorbs the fluid,, but it doesnt really 'move the ejuice'.. it sorta sits there like an old kitchen rug all wet at the back door. rayon moves fluid like a water pipe.... i chain vape so i dont want dry hits or vapors tongue. switch to rayon or seriously thin down/spread out/fan your cotton wick until you can get some rayon.

I've never got vapors tongue so I've never thought about it until now. I had such a brief encounter with cotton back in my protank days that was replaced by hemp fiber (much superior than cotton) and we vaped hemp for eons until I discovered rayon. I can form no opinion on cotton other than I had to rewick quite regularly. Rayon is good stuff.:thumb:

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
i have always been sub ohm,, and would get chronic vt,,, discovered by accident it was cotton,,,,,,,cotton absorbs the fluid,, but it doesnt really 'move the ejuice'.. it sorta sits there like an old kitchen rug all wet at the back door. rayon moves fluid like a water pipe.... i chain vape so i dont want dry hits or vapors tongue. switch to rayon or seriously thin down/spread out/fan your cotton wick until you can get some rayon.

ps,, i feel so strongly about this topic it has been part of the signature at the bottom of all of my posts.
I'm going to have to give rayon another go. I tried it once, but didn't give it a fair chance before I decided I didn't like it. It seemed to make my vapor thinner, but that could have been in my head. I guess if that's all I used for a while I'd get used to it. I have been using stock coils with my Toptank mini because when I use the RBA with cotton it is such muted flavor.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I started getting VT out of the gate. I started with an ego twist vivi nova combo and then moved on to some other devices that weren't sub ohm then finally to bottom feeders with sub ohm builds. I get VT no matter what. I have not tried Rayon though and this is the first I've heard of Rayon being helpful with VT. I did try Rayon once but couldn't get it to wick right so tore it out.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Just thought as there is so much more vapour your mouth would dry out more. Never had vapers tongue in 3 years of vaping with my nautilus. Within a month of the cleito I have it.
It is possible that for you the cleito is causing it. No one really understands what causes vapers tongue so it could be triggered by different things for different people.

vjc0628

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Maryville TN
Just thought as there is so much more vapour your mouth would dry out more. Never had vapers tongue in 3 years of vaping with my nautilus. Within a month of the cleito I have it.

If it were vapors tough you would have on every device not just cleito.

I have for 3 years had Igo L set up at around 1 ohm and had great flav, I needed a new mod on the fly about 2 weeks ago and wanted to see what the fuss was about with lower ohm supposed to give better flav.

I told the guy at the shop I wanted Flav # 1 Flav #2 and everything else after, I told him I heard the uwell crown v1 was supposed to be great for flav and he convinced me the clieto was better and sold me also a troll RDA

Everything tastes watered down, Def not happy, I tried to go back to me old set up but got used to the extra power now my old set up feels like an ego or at least how ego set up was 3 years ago

After doing some research on RDA's I ordered from china ( because I am over budget now) Dillinger, Petri V2, Marquis, Velocity V2 hoping that one or 2 will give me my flav back.

This will probably take a month to get it till then I am trying to use the juices I didn't like anyway, at least then I wont feel like it is a total loss

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS

Thats interesting. Id gotten vapors tongue a hand full of times in my earlier stages of vaping. I havent had it in at least a couple years now. Havent really given it much thought, but I think I assumed it was due to changing over to NET tobacco flavors over regular eliquids, but come to think of it Ive been using rayon this entire time also.

Damn, just another reason to use rayon.

Reactions: kross8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread