Sub-Ohm nic levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rourke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
Brooklyn, CT
Like a lot of us I recently started sub-ohming and I learned pretty quickly that I needed to cut down the nic level. I was vaping 12 mg 50/50 in both sized nautilus, but now with my Sub-tank mini and nano I am down to 6 mg. Just curious how much others have reduced their nic levels when they sub-ohm?

xDarkRelic

Feb 2, 2015
Texas
Normally people say to cut your nic in half when you start sub ohming. I however, have found an amazing loophole.

Every day I would vape a full tank on my nautilus mini. 12mg. When I got home from work or when hanging out with my wife, or cousin, I would chain vape.

But now, with my subtank mini at .5, I'm still at 12mg. But I found out that since I get more vapor I don't feel the need to chain vape. Just a few deep inhales every now and then and this 4ml tank will last me 4 days. So I'm actually saving juice AND producing nice vapor.

It's a win/win :D

CardinalWinds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
Vermont, USA
I vape 15mg on my 3 Nautilus tanks, so when I got my first sub ohm tank (subtank mini), I filled her up. That didn't work out so well as it burned my throat something fierce. So I got some 6mg juice and all is well. And for me 6mg sub ohm is about the same as my tootle puffing at 15mg nicotine wise.

Reactions: Dom

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I vape 12 in all my regular tanks, and I vape 3mg for sub ohm. When I started on sub ohm, vaped 8 and also 6mg. I was getting the jitters, it was too much. I was also chain vaping a bit too much so that was definitely contributing to it. 3mg is a comfortable level for me, for sub ohm.

The jitters is a good way to describe to much nic, I understand what you mean, I had it when I switch to the Starre tank, had to drop to 3mg and it's much better now.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I was using 12 in my nautilaus mini at about 8 watts just bought the kanger sub tank mini and am using 8 mg with the 0.5 ohm coil at 18 .5 watts the vape is hotter than I am use to I have the airflow wide open and the juice is tasty perhaps I need to use the 1.2 ohm for a cooler vape I did have to switch out the drip tip though for plastic the metal was too hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread