Transition From MTL to DTL Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
When I first started vaping a few years ago it was with a vape pen using 24 mg juice. Over time I dropped down the nic level to 12 mg and was happy with it. Then I bought a couple of mods with tanks that used coils around 1.2 and 1.5 ohm to vape my 12 mg juice.

More time passed and I dipped my toes into the sub ohm world and bought a tank that used .5 ohm coils and I bought some 6 mg juice for it. I liked it so of course I bought more sub ohm tanks and 6 mg juice.

Then I moved into the world of RTA's and started building my own.5 ohm coils. I still had my MTL tanks with the 1.2 and 1.5 ohm coils using 12 mg juice. I did this for quite a while...I had several setups with .5 coils and 6 mg juice and several setups with 1.2 coils and 12 mg juice.

Recently I have completely lost my taste for 12 mg juice and MTL vaping. It seems too strong now. I don't enjoy it near as much. So I emptied out my MTL tanks and put them away. It's all DTL now, 6 mg juice, sub-ohm vaping.

It's not the destination, it's the journey. Loving my vapes!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My journey has been quite similar to yours @Vapemesilly .

I began vaping with 2.5 -3.0 ohm cartomizers in a cartotank. (That's MTL). No more than 4 volts on a Provari. 18mg nic.

Today (seven years later) I'm vaping 0.5 ohm coils in a clearomizer tank (DTL) at 30 watts. 3 - 6 mg nic.

SunshinePete

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire, England
Sounds sooooo familiar. Except that recently I've completed the full circle. Back to my VV vape pens and 36mg FBnic 50/50 juice.

Strong? Ohhhhh yeeaaahhh.!:w00t::thumb:

Maybe you’ll do another circuit? Gotta say, the three people I know who’ve totally 100% divorced cigarettes did it with simple vape pens, they’re not be scoffed at.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Maybe you’ll do another circuit? Gotta say, the three people I know who’ve totally 100% divorced cigarettes did it with simple vape pens, they’re not be scoffed at.
That is very possible. I've not disposed of my DTL gear. It will be right there in the cabinet waiting for me.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Whatever keeps you off smoking is awesome, but I'm completely the opposite. Why would anyone like to see potentially dangerous stuff just coming out of your lungs? I love vaping to death, but people have this love or affection to see massive clouds coming from their body is way beyond me. It's like people are proud of vapor going in and out , when it's really nothing to be proud of. I know it's safer then cigs, but it still can't be good for you, so why do people enjoy a visual of danger? I have been vaping for many years and it probably has saved my life, but I wish I never smoked or vaped and I'm not really proud of it, and I certainly get no satisfaction of seeing more vapor to remind me of something that's not really good for you....anyways its all good, either way much better the cigs
How anyone can not fall in love with the huge white clouds of vapor coming out one's mouth, is beyond me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
For the longest time, observing even a small white-ish cloud coming out meant you had just inhaled something extremely bad shortly before, that would, eventually, kill you. And chances were, the experience was as unpleasant as it was necessary to feed your addiciton. It's fascinating and satisfying at the same time to see how that bond is finally broken.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
I vape 2 ml per day. I have been weaning myself off of nicotine slowly. The amount that I vape stays the same.

I have gone from 50mg/ml (Juul) to 25mg/ml to 12mg/ml... and then back up to 25mg/ml ;) ...and then back down to 12 mg/ml.

The next hurdle is 6 mg/ml. I could do it if I vaped twice as much but that wouldn't be a reduction.

I'm always reducing. I use vaping the same way as I used Nicorette gum--my goal is to stop using altogether.

Last edited:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I vape 2 ml per day. I have been weaning myself off of nicotine slowly. The amount that I vape stays the same.

I have gone from 50mg/ml (Juul) to 25mg/ml to 12mg/ml... and then back up to 25mg/ml ;) ...and then back down to 12 mg/ml.

The next hurdle is 6 mg/ml. I could do it if I vaped twice as much but that wouldn't be a reduction.

I'm always reducing. I use vaping the same way as I used Nicorette gum--my goal is to stop using altogether.
I don't see a reason for me to keep reducing. There are quite a few health benefits associated with nicotine use, and, I don't think vaping ~12ml of 3mg/ml juice per day is what's going to kill me, as I believe the concentrations of nitrogen dioxide in the outside air around where I live are much more lethal seeing as the highest peaks are so high that they can't even be measured:

Screenshot.jpg

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
It took me about 1 day to convert from cigs to MTL to DL. How anyone can not fall in love with the huge white clouds of vapor coming out one's mouth, is beyond me.
LOL...I had been vaping DTL on and off for almost a year and hated these "huge white clouds of vapour" going down my lungs. It wasn't until I discovered MTL that I stuck with it, and now I'm a happy low nic (2mg) MTL vaper for about 4 months.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
It took me about 1 day to convert from cigs to MTL to DL. How anyone can not fall in love with the huge white clouds of vapor coming out one's mouth, is beyond me.
Exactly what i thought. And anybody who says big clouds lack big flavor have permanently dead tastebuds. If im not blocking my view of the tv, im not doin it right.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If sucking down those clouds are the only way to stop from smoking it's still a better option, but what is weird is people showing it off like it's something to be proud of. One example is avatars of clouds blocking their face, that to me basically says that they think it's a cool thing, like it's a competition and that part of it is just strange to me..I was in a vape shop yesterday looking for a pod system for my wife and the worker in there was helping us at the same time was sucking so hard and so loud on this mod that I literally couldn't hear what she was saying, then as she blew it out, I couldn't see her. She had a hard time breathing and talking because she was basically hyperventilating herself. She had to be doing it to say, "hey look at my massive clouds bro" because she surely didn't need to do that for a few minutes we were there...in those examples, I just don't get it and can only surmise that they actually think it's good for them. I'm all for vaping anyway it's done, I just don't get the proud thing of it...
LOL...I had been vaping DTL on and off for almost a year and hated these "huge white clouds of vapour" going down my lungs. It wasn't until I discovered MTL that I stuck with it, and now I'm a happy low nic (2mg) MTL vaper for about 4 months.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I luv it all. & I like variety.
but MTL will always be my favorite.

throat hit is king.
I genuinely dislike an inhale I can't feel.
so whether i'm chucking enough cloud to make my coworkers die laughing, or squonking a low res on a mech, I really just wanna feel it. that satisfying oooph. which really, I can get either way. DTL has that light but full feeling TH, esp on exhale, even with 3mg juice, (esp at high wattage) which is ok with me. but I enjoy tight airflow, buildup, and that "SHUH" to the back of my throat so much. nothing beats a clicky button, quiet inhale, and that SHUH, FFFFFFFFF. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread