Sub-ohming with high nic levels and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith Perry

Oct 20, 2016
Hey, so I was viewing another forum or two about sub-ohming and wasn't able to add comments? Anyways, I quit smoking almost a full year ago and went straight to vaping cold turkey... A heavy smoker I was at a pack n a half a day, I've always vaped high nic levels, 20 mg plus, but recently discover a lot of better premium flavours only available at 3 or maybe 6 nic... So I found a place that sells 100mg/ml nic flavourless and add a tiny bit to each 3 mg juice..(about 5mls of that brings a 30ml mix up to 20mg) Anyways, also started building my own Delta 2 RBA coils out of fused Clapton wire and getting builds between .25 and .8 ohms depending on size, wraps, etc. And I have no problem vaping for a couple days, borderline chain vaping, at 20mg high VG at around 35 to 45W... Have friends who dabble in vaping, and I told them you need More nicotine if you were or are a heavy smoker as each cigarette has 1mg per so a pack has 20 to 25! Simple math... this all works for me

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It's interesting how much nicotine tolerance varies. I know there are people around who need that level of nic. Nothing wrong with it. If you were using too much you would know. I started with 36, though at much lower power. Had to drop it quite soon after I quit smoking.

Probably you are near the upper end of the scale. Vaping at that level would make my head explode. If you're advising your vaping friends do let them know that your own style wouldn't be suitable for everyone.

Have you tried mixing your own juice? Chain vaping at that power and resistance must be heavy on the wallet. You already have the nic concentrate, why not grab some flavors and go for it?

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
A lot depends on the atomizer you vape on. For example, I started on a pen style 1.5 ohm 6-16w at 18mg nic. Later I started using a RTA and found 12mg was lots. Later still I started using RDAs and started using 6 which I quickly changed down to 3. Now with my DIY juice, 5mg nicotine in the RDA is HARSH! I can't even vape it. I think you will find, if you gradually lower your nicotine over a several month period, that you will not even miss it. Once you get the idea need high nicotine out of your mind, you will notice you get the same effect at lower levels. The big advantage of dropping your nicotine is basically in your mind.. Like.. Ok, I am vaping at 3mg, which is next to nothing. If I run out of ejuice, screw it, I can go without, and not think I "need" it.
Also, I can't speak for you, but I noticed at lower levels, my throat isn't as irritated.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I'm considering making my own juice, just looking for a place that sells premium concentrate flavours that I like... And I never really get a sore throat? Years of heavy smoking? Lol... Vaping is so much better.... Eventually planning on cutting my nic levels as well

Bull city flavors is the place or Wizard labs. Both great places. And BCF is wicked fast shipping to me. Ordered last friday after 5pm, it was on my doorstep monday!

Reactions: Keith Perry

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
After almost 40 years of smoking this and that I wasn't too interested in cutting down on nic.
It just happened naturally over time as the equipment I was using became more efficient.

After almost 5 years vaping I have a hard time vaping 6mg on some set-ups. Harsh I can handle, I use 90-100% PG. it's the nausea that makes me drop a level so I can still vape as much as I want.

I think it's very funny while at a vape shop a young'un comes in trying to prove something, takes a power hit and gags on it. No nic/high VG. Boy was that fun!
Different strokes I guess. Cheers.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
I did`nt think I would ever cut my nic down. Started at 36mg and swore it was the bomb. Almost three years later I`m at less than half of what I started at. It just happens.

I hypothesized some time back that I think this is why the Federal dumb aS^`s are so keen to stop it. They know this, they know it works, and they know if everyone switched, nicotine addiction would be irrelevant in 10-20 years.

Reactions: Keith Perry

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Yeah... Anyone know any decent Canadian DIY suppliers though? I've tried VaperBC and they are very limited in flavours and sold out of VG completely! This will never do! I think I can save a bundle if I find the right supplier?

Do you have a NoFrills (grocery store, with pharmacy) in your area? Talk to the manager there or head pharmacist. I doubt they carry it, but the probably can order it in from their suppliers. I get my PG and VG this war. PG=$8 for 500ml, VG=$12 for 500ml ($22 for 1000ml)

Nicotine I get from EastCoastVapes in a 50mg/ml (50ml bottle), which is how we may need to keep ordering it until the federal ruling comes down later this fall. Lots of excitement there...

Flavorings.. you can get pretty much anywhere and the price is pretty much the same. I have been getting some from KidneyPuncher out of the US. Comes from Arazona. I buy my coiling wire there. (250ft spool 24ga NiCr is $19.00. Kanthal is even cheaper.) Also... ClubHouse food flavoring.. Check the label.. made by McCormick...Check ingredients.. PG,alcohol,flavoring. Which is pretty much exactly what you get from Capella. (avoid those 1l bottles of artificial flavoring) McCormick comes in a 1oz bottle for about $4.00. Anyway, you can try one.. say orange or peppermint, try it, and if you don't like it... you can use the rest in cake frosting. :eek:)
Check the local dollarstore for bottles. I got a 100ml and 50ml bottle with cap for like.. $1.25 for both. White food grade plastic.

Tee_Jay

Oct 16, 2015
Yeah... Anyone know any decent Canadian DIY suppliers though? I've tried VaperBC and they are very limited in flavours and sold out of VG completely! This will never do! I think I can save a bundle if I find the right supplier?

I just did my first DIY a couple of weeks ago. I got everything from vapeonline.ca . i ordered 1L of 100mg/ml VG base, 1L of VG, and 3L of VG. That mixed up to 5L of 20mg/ml 40%VG/60PG. All in, it was $200. it's flavourless, and it's just fine without flavouring..

As for whether or not vapeonline.ca is a "good place to buy" - all i can say is that they delivered and it seems ok, and i'm pretty sure i got what i paid for. Since it's the first DIY, i have nothing to compare the quality to.. but the price is right! that's about $1.50 per 30ml !

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
If you can order off of Amazon, and are a Prime member, you can get a liter of this VG for $13 with free 2 day shipping. It's what I use and am quite happy with it. https://www.amazon.com/Glycerin-Veg...RK0WE1R9C1BV5E7H1&ie=UTF8&qid=1477138419&sr=1

Sorry @Eskie.
Chances are Keith Perry is going to have to use Amazon.ca and the price difference is maddening. If the new price doesn't scare you then its prolly going to be the shipping over the border that will seal the deal. Here's the Amazon.ca link for the same product, I didn't go as far to see shipping cost but the price is enough.
https://www.amazon.ca/Glycerin-Vege...RK0WE1R9C1BV5E7H1&ie=UTF8&qid=1477138419&sr=1

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Sorry @Eskie.
Chances are Keith Perry is going to have to use Amazon.ca and the price difference is maddening. If the new price doesn't scare you then its prolly going to be the shipping over the border that will seal the deal. Here's the Amazon.ca link for the same product, I didn't go as far to see shipping cost but the price is enough.
https://www.amazon.ca/Glycerin-Vege...RK0WE1R9C1BV5E7H1&ie=UTF8&qid=1477138419&sr=1

WHAT??? Is that for real? That's still about $33 USD. That's freaking nuts.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
WHAT??? Is that for real? That's still about $33 USD. That's freaking nuts.
I've known about amazon.ca pricing a while now and don't know how people will order from them paying such a gouge price. I was looking for a dog kennel that was 60$ in amazon.com and was 250$ in amazon.ca for the same kennel, this happens over and over again. Booze is another bad gouge. I can pick up 6 Coors for 7 bucks on the US side of the border and 15 bucks for the same 6 Coors in Canada at the liquor store.
All you have to do is change the .com in the URL to .ca and the Canadian version of the product will show. Be sure your sitting down so you don't bump your head incase you faint. ;)

Reactions: Eskie

Keith Perry

Oct 20, 2016
Ok ok... thanks for all the info guys... very small town here... online is my only option... Yes! Vapeonline looks great! Just under 15$ a litre for VG and and under $40 for 100mg 250ml nic! Awesome Canadian prices!. Just not a lot of premium flavourings there... some good ones... but seeking a few more... any other recommendations??

Reactions: Eskie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread