6MG Sub ohm 0.2 @ 70w too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bravoroni

Jun 16, 2021
Hey guys,

I’m new to vaping. I have been a heavy 2 pack a day Marlboro light smoker for 20 years. I recently got into vaping and so far it has been an amazing journey!

I started with a small pod device (Caliburn) with 16MG nic salt. I found that I was still not able to quit smoking. I went back to my local Vape shop and got some 20mg nic salt juice, and that was too strong! It made me dizzy and confused and I just felt unwell. Even though @20mg I was getting a lot of nicotine I still wanted to smoke a cigarette.

On a whim I decided to give sub ohm vaping a try. I got myself a Lost Vape Thelema DNA 250c + a Freemax Mesh Pro 2 tank. I opted with 6MG freebase juice at 70/30. And sure enough it worked! I was able to quit smoking and have been smoke free for a week now!

My question though, is 6MG freebase nic @0.2 ohms (dual mesh), 70-80 watts too much? I feel fine for the most part and my cravings for cigarettes are under control. However from what I’ve read (and what the guy at my local Vape shop says) is that for sub ohm vaping you generally should stick to about 3mg of nicotine.

I know everyone is different, and you should do what works for you. But I’m just worried that with the large amount of Vapor I’m producing 6MG might just be a little risky.

I Vape quite a lot (200-250 puffs a day) and probably somewhere around 15-20ml of juice a day (at 0.2 ohms @ 70w the juice burns pretty quick). As mentioned above I generally feel fine. However sometimes I do feel a bit out of breath and like my chest is heavy. This could be gas (perhaps from inhaling so much air?). Or it could just be me adjusting from cigarettes to vaping. I don’t feel nauseous or have headaches.

Please let me know your opinions. Would really appreciate some advice from more experienced vapers!

Thanks!

Reactions: Superuser187

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I recently dropped to 8mg from 10 at 75 watts. So 6mg is fine, in fact if you are vaping a lot, you might consider going up a touch. There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to nicotine levels. It's what keeps you from smoking that what's right.

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    The general rule of vaping is that the settings and nic levels that work for you are the right ones, and you seem to be where you need to be.

Perhaps a bit of information about nicotine would be helpful. Inhaled nicotine takes effect within seconds, so it's next to impossible to overdose in a seriously harmful way from inhaled nicotine (note the emphasis on 'inhaled' - drinking it would be a different story, but as you're not intending to do that, it shouldn't be an issue.) If you inhale too much nicotine, you get 'nic sick' - as you did with the 20 mg/ml nic salts. The symptoms you described are typical of excess nicotine, which generally produces some combination of:
    • Headache
    • Dizziness
    • Tiredness
    • Nausea
    • Shakiness
    If you get those, stop vaping and you should feel better within about 20 minutes. If you push past those warning signs and keep vaping, before long you'll find yourself taking an enforced break from vaping while you develop an intimate acquaintance with your toilet basin, a garbage can, your mixing bowls, or any other receptacle you can access quickly.

Short version: If it's not making you nic sick, you're doing fine. If you are getting too much (inhaled!) nicotine, long before you reach toxic levels you'll be too miserable to want to vape.

So, welcome to ECF and congratulations on the switch!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    My question though, is 6MG freebase nic @0.2 ohms (dual mesh), 70-80 watts too much? I feel fine for the most part and my cravings for cigarettes are under control. However from what I’ve read (and what the guy at my local Vape shop says) is that for sub ohm vaping you generally should stick to about 3mg of nicotine.

I know everyone is different, and you should do what works for you. But I’m just worried that with the large amount of Vapor I’m producing 6MG might just be a little risky.

First of all, congratulations on getting through your first smoke-free :thumbs:

To put this is context: when I switched to vaping, I used 18mg freebase in a MTL tank. If I was a DL vaper, I would've used 9mg.

What strengths you use when quitting, may be a lot higher than what you would use after 6 months or a year. Or you may stay at that strength.

Keeping the cigarettes at bay, is what matters. Not what a vape store staff member tells you.

Reactions: Territoo

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    In my opinion you seem to be kinda like myself and many other people that smoking wasn't only about the nicotine but also about the act of smoking and the sensation....that's why a pod device felt it's not enough for us and that's why with the pod and high nic u felt nausea but still wanted to smoke cigs and with lower nic u felt is not enough....we want the nic but we also want to vape a lot I guess...

The thing is that from pod to subohm tank 0.2ohm 70watts there is a big gap :p
    I mean there is also something in between like more proper powerfull mouth to lung kits and then some lighter subohm tanks and there was no need to go to full direct lung 70watts but anyways...
    It's not that is bad but just saying and in my opinion it's the vape shop guy that should advice you better and it's a story I have heard many times....

About the nicotine u vape now I agree with the people already answered here...so no need to worry

Just keep in mind also that when u quit smoking and start vaping the first months u may have symptoms and it's not cause of vaping but cause of quiting smoking cause it seems it's not only the nicotine but other chemicals and stuff the cigs contain and we detox from those....it's also the lungs recovering from the tar....
    First months I had some symptoms myself like dry mouth and in general felt wierd and in the end all went away and I was fine...
    All gonna be fine just give to your self a little time..

With any vape device u can adjust your vape experience for example.....by using the highest ohm coil (that also needs less wattage) available for the specific device u may have and by using it at the lowest recommended wattage by manufacturer and sometimes even can go lower than that without problems and get a "lighter" vaping experience....also in combination with opening or closing the airflow u can get more airy lighter or more dense and thick vapor...with less or more flavour ofc..
    Just saying in case u feel your vape now it's toooo strong...not in terms of nicotine like feeling sick but in terms of vapor...
    Enjoy :)

Reactions: Bravoroni

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Last edited:

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2013
    USA
    I was doing 50mg nic salt on disposables and MTL devices. I felt fine, made me cough when I get too excited to vape on the first hits. 3mg on my Drag 3 seems to work better (for me) with the the adjustable air holes wide open. I got some 6mg juice to try soon. I do like to chain vape and 3mg seems to get me to my nic fix faster than nic salts.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I started with 12mg mtl innokin zlide that is a proper mtl I mean not small or pod system.....and vaping it from first months I started diy juice and that made me able to decrease my nic little by little and in first like 5months I was down to 6mg for mtl very slowly and didn't felt any cravings...
    Also the fact that your decrease nic felt to me like it decrease my nic cravings in the morning....

Now I vape 6mg on mtl and 4mg on single coil direct lung and double coil direct lung 2.5mg
    :2c::2c:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I "subohm" 50mg juice all the time. (currently using 18mg)

While it could be considered 'good' that the shop worker warned you about using a high vapor output device with higher nicotine MG levels (chain vaping 50mg juice on a high output device is NOT recommended as it is fairly easy to OD on the nicotine in that situation) the juice I mix and regularly use is 7,18 and 50mg. All on high vapor output devices.

Personally, I'll 'toodle puff' the 50mg juice with my morning coffee and generally switch to 7mg juice during the day while I'm working or watching TV. At bed time or when I'm driving I use 18mg (I want a good nicotine fix before going to sleep and don't wish to dirty up my car windows).

With all the above said, everybody is different. Pick and use what works for you.

Congrats on getting off the tobacco!

g.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread