Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Ohhh man i wish i could get a troll at that price id have 5 by now. I am in the market for some regulated mods, but i do love my mechs. Sure they can be limited but i like the challenge of building for the setup not setup for the build.
I got mine from MFS on a general 20% off all rda's sale. Their usual price is $20. You might want to get on their mailing list if you are not already.

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
There is a sad fact here.... as long as you continue to smoke, even one a day, or even one a week, or maybe even one a month, you *will* have cig cravings. The only way to avoid cig cravings is to quit absolutely. I am truly cig craving free, after almost a year (took 3-6 months I think to well quash the cravings ?).

So your decision comes down to something like this...

You will go through a certain amount of pain to quit absolutely. But that pain (the cravings) will steadily diminish over time.

You will go through a certain amount of pain, every single single day for the rest of your life, craving cigs, if you continue to smoke even very occasionally (and I mean one a week for example). You cannot eliminate cig cravings by continuing to smoke, no matter how little you smoke. You can only defer it for an hour, a day, or whatever your body and brain allows.

This is what I learned, and a little bit of the thought process I went through last summer when I decided to never take another puff again.

I know some people are able to taper down slowly and steadily. I know for a fact I can't do that. YMMV on that. However you can best get to zero is something you have to figure out. But I think it is an Ultimate Truth that, if you have cig cravings, you cannot kill those cig cravings by smoking. At all. You can only defer and perpetuate them. How to kill cravings and how best to quit are really two very different subjects.
I happen to agree with you on this, to some extent. But just as there are many different types of vapers, there are different types of quitters. Not everyone has the strengh to flat out stop. The first cig of the day was the hardest for me to get over. I could manage the rest of the day. I made myself wait more and more, before I lit up, until it became easier not to light up at all. What worked for me, might not work for the OP, but it might help until he gets what he needs (backup, higher nic,etc).

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah, that first morning cigarette. I decided on my fourth day to just vape thru the cravings...and that was with a cig-sized with cartos. The thing is that you probably don't absorb the nicotine as quickly when vaping. It took me 45 minutes that first time, and serious puffing, to get past the cravings. Have a set-up all prepared, maybe even on you nightstand, so you can get started right away when you wake up.

As for eating. Well, it was my third day in the afternoon when I had a piece of apple coffee cake (we have a couple of apple trees in the backyard). Now I know of no scientific peer reviewed research that says apple coffee cake is a trigger for cravings, but I can assure you that is most certainly is. That may have been the most powerful craving I ever had...puff puff puff on that cig-sized...I did manage to vape thru it.

Reactions: Cagirl94

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
I happen to agree with you on this, to some extent. But just as there are many different types of vapers, there are different types of quitters. Not everyone has the strengh to flat out stop. The first cig of the day was the hardest for me to get over. I could manage the rest of the day. I made myself wait more and more, before I lit up, until it became easier not to light up at all. What worked for me, might not work for the OP, but it might help until he gets what he needs (backup, higher nic,etc).
Did your cravings end before or after your last cig?

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Reactions: David Wolf

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
Did your cravings end before or after your last cig?
Before. It got the point, to where I just didn't want or need it, anymore. Every now and then, I feel like having one, but not enough to actually do it. Now the only thing I miss is the "timer" aspect of it.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
Before. It got the point, to where I just didn't want or need it, anymore. Every now and then, I feel like having one, but not enough to actually do it. Now the only thing I miss is the "timer" aspect of it.
You are probably one of the lucky few, LOL :)

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
I found that if you just do it it gets easier every morning. It's not as hard as you think. Just keep focused on your goal. And don't beat yourself up if you slip. It's no big deal. Eventually you won't even be think of cigs except for the fact of how you smoked those nasty things for so long! Good luck!
TRUE!!!!
And before you know it,,,,,, you won't be thinking about cigarettes.
In the first month, I had 3 to 6 suggestive thoughts to light up.
The second month, 2 to 4 ,,,Now NONE!!!

khalidmna

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Liverpool, UK
For the first morning cig don't make it a vape or cig choice. Vape first thing in the morning and then have the cig immediately after and see if that cig has the same effect as it used to. When I first started vaping I kept a pack of cigs around the house but would vape before I had one and I found the cig just didn't have that effect anymore because I'd already absorbed nicotine. Hope this helps and good luck!

BigCatDaddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Near Austin, Texas
In my case, the smokes did it FOR me. It was a little over a week into vaping (after smoking for nearly 50 yrs.) that I went out on the porch to have that first smoke after eating b'fast. It made me sick as a dog all day and I haven't had one since. One day, you'll light one up and it will taste like death and you can put them down. In the meantime, congratulate yourself on all the ones you don't smoke and don't fret over the few you might have during the day. If you can, vape thru the urges and make sure your nic level is high enough to do so.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
After a meal, sitting on the throne, getting in the car, taking the dogs out for a walk, getting up in the morning, those were all my "triggers" to have a cigarette.

The first few weeks I had a white-knuckled grip on my APV and basically toughed it out. It does get easier!

As others have said, if that one cigarette is what you need to stay level, don't beat yourself up over it. The important number is the count of cigarettes that you don't smoke!

Cagirl94

Jul 16, 2015
United States
Actually I only smoke cigs outside anyways and my other half won't let me vape in the house either. Work is an issue. When I say coffee drinker I am talking all day coffee drinker. Everyone at my work smokes except a hand full of people which makes the issue of avoiding the smell a problem. Cigs already taste horrible especially since getting NT ACB. I quit 13 years ago for three years(2 solid weeks of migraines which is my worry) and have tried on and off again ever since. I am of the thought process that I have to but a date on it or I will look for excuse not to. Thanks everyone for the suggestions and will keep you posted.

Reactions: Rossum

Cagirl94

Jul 16, 2015
United States
After a meal, sitting on the throne, getting in the car, taking the dogs out for a walk, getting up in the morning, those were all my "triggers" to have a cigarette.

The first few weeks I had a white-knuckled grip on my APV and basically toughed it out. It does get easier!

As others have said, if that one cigarette is what you need to stay level, don't beat yourself up over it. The important number is the count of cigarettes that you don't smoke!
That is what I am doing

Reactions: K_Tech
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread