Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Not a southerner, not a fan of sweet drinks, so sweet tea doesn't sound like my..... cup (glass) of tea. :)

I'm a coffee drinker far more than a tea drinker, hot or cold, both without sweet additives. But during much of my fit life when out in the back country living off the land for up to weeks at a time alone I commonly made wild beverages, hot or cold steeped from many different wild plants.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Here's my homemade.

3 or 4 cups of water in a pot of tea kettle. Bring to a boil. Turn off heat and add 3 Luzianne tea bags. Let steep for twenty minutes.

In a gallon pitcher add a cup and a half of sugar.

Pour steeped tea in pitcher and swish or stir around to melt the sugar and add water to fill up the pitcher.

Easy Peasy!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Okay, you got me. I couldn't find a gallon pitcher at Walmart (useless store), but I got a 0.6 gallon one. I modified it to 1 cup of sugar for the size. It's really good. Have a tea taste I'm not used to yet, but I'm surprised haha. I think next time I'll bump it up to a little more than one cup, but thank you :) I'll finish off the Milo's I have and I think I'll be doing this from now on.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Okay, you got me. I couldn't find a gallon pitcher at Walmart (useless store), but I got a 0.6 gallon one. I modified it to 1 cup of sugar for the size. It's really good. Have a tea taste I'm not used to yet, but I'm surprised haha. I think next time I'll bump it up to a little more than one cup, but thank you :) I'll finish off the Milo's I have and I think I'll be doing this from now on.

YAY!!!!! Glad you liked it!

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
j7LjkRvh.jpg

I have been working early mornings for most of my time in in the working force. Recently switched to a night shift. Now I get to relax with this awesome reo and big cup o coffee before work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread