SVD or Vamo

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Mats, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mats

Mats Full Member

I purchased an MVP V2 already and am looking to upgrade. Was wondering what you all would suggest I go onto next. An SVD or a Vamo. Or anything other that is relatively the same, but I have my eye on those two right now anyways.

2. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

100% SVD. Waaaay more versatile than the Vamo, does everything the Vamo can do and then some (Vamo only takes 18650s or 18350s, the SVD will take any 18xxx battery that's out there), and one MAJOR factor: the buttons LOCK on the SVD. The Vamo's buttons do not lock (turning the device off does not constitute "locking buttons"). One day my Vamo rolled around in my backpack and like a fool I hit it before checking and burnt my carto dead. It had accidently bumped itself to 15 watts and I hit it on a 2 ohm carto. Fried it instantly.

SVD all the way. You can't go wrong. Also, the SVD is made by the same company that makes your MVP 2 (Innokin). If you like the quality of your MVP 2, you'll like the craftmanship of the SVD.

3. tnt56

tnt56 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

SVD all the way. I've owned both. Go with the SVD.

4. grayscale

grayscale Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Which Vamo was that?

5. buzzzlove

buzzzlove Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    San Antonio TX Travel the country for work
    of the two mods you mentioned and the one you have they all vape at the same level of performance. As mentioned above you have some battery size option but not really an up grade more of a lateral IMO. If you want better performance and higher quality electronics. You have to up the cash also.

Id Personally chose a SVD over a Vamo

6. cramptholomew

cramptholomew Super Member ECF Veteran

CONS...

SVD: atty connection is weak. Atty pin is easily pushed into the mod. The grommet surrounding it is small and loose. Do not over tighten your atty.

Vamo: 510 threads strip easily. AFAIK, no one makes an eGo to 510 adapter, which would somewhat alleviate that problem, except your atty would look all stupid floating above the mod.

7. Mats

Mats Full Member

What would you suggest as am upgrade to what I currently own then?

8. Rocketpunk

V2. As far as I know, they're up to V5 and the buttons still don't lock. Am I wrong?

9. Rocketpunk

SVD! SVD! SVD! :thumbs:

10. makkesk8

makkesk8 Full Member

I would say Vamo, not v2 though. If u pick the vamo try getting a v3 or a v5 (both available on fasttech)

11. Nev NYC

Nev NYC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

SVD.. The only thing I use my Vamo for these days is to check resistance on my builds.. SVD is a tank..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

12. bhswmc01

bhswmc01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Can the SVD be used as an ohms checker for rebuilding coils?

Edit - sorry, didn't see Nev's post. I guess not!

13. Rocketpunk

Kinda, yeah, but if you're rebuilding you shouldn't skimp on a good multimeter. That's kind of a necessity.

14. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Svd for sure. They both do the same things, but the Svd is much more durable. If those are your two choices, the Svd is far superior.

15. Mats

Mats Full Member

My local Vape shop has both the SVD and Vamo V3 in stock. But, if this is simply a lateral movement from my current MVP, then what should I be looking at, Tesla or innokin 134?

16. mannbrad

mannbrad Senior Member ECF Veteran

Damnit........was just getting ready to get the v5 vamo....which is the latest version of the innokin

17. Train2

Train2 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

SVD has same ohm-reading capability.
    If you're rebuilding though, now for $10, you can get this!!!

Here's my take - I have an SVD and a VAMO V2.
    I like them both!

VAMO: seems to fire "hotter" as in maybe 1/2 volt higher than it's set. No big deal for me
    VAMO: 510 threads SUCK. Things go on a little crooked, and you have to give it a tiny jiggle and turn another 20 degrees, hoping to not do damage, just to get it straight and snug.
    VAMO: I won't use a ProTank on it - it hovers a little above the collar, and therefore is hanging by the 510 threads (see point above)...

SVD: Cuts the air off on a T3. I think the 510 threads are perhaps longer?
    SVD: Holds 18650, 18500, 18490, 18350 - telescopic so no tubeswapping. Since I got this one first, I don't even HAVE any 18350's.

The way it works out, I like and use both. I just use my T3's on the VAMO, and my ProTanks on the SVD.
    MiniProTanks, and EVODs are fine on both.

18. Rocketpunk

You're actually losing functions by choosing the 134. The Tesla is, IMO, ugly as sin and, just like Busardo mentions in his review, the screen is placed in the most stupid area possible. Every time you move your thumb to tap a button, it covers the screen.

Honestly, the SVD, in my opinion, is the next step. The Vamo, Tesla, and ZMax are so... yesterday. ;-)

19. sgenn99

sgenn99 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Well, the 134 is just Vw, and aside from its bulk, it doesn't do anything special. It is limited in terms of power, but it is impressive. If that's all you want, and you like the style, go for it. Personally, I think it's just cool packaging. The Tesla is at least multifunctional. Are you just looking for a cool looking tube mod, or are you looking for function as well?

20. buzzzlove

buzzzlove Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    San Antonio TX Travel the country for work
    If you want an up grade a Man Cave Mod or a Shan B DNA 20 for about 160 dollars next up is a Semovar 215$ or a Provari for 159$ Those are the more obtainable better preforming mods. They arent cheap but I can honestly say Vape a MPV and SVD or Vamo then Vape one of the above and you can tell a difference. Pluse you dont have connection problems or all of the other things associated with the cheaper mods.

Therese not much difference performance wise for 100 dollars and under they all vape about the same Zmaxes can be thrown in to the mix with SVD, Vamo

This is just my opinion biased on my experiences. Another option would be a Mechanical with a Kick RTD is having a 15% off sale then you can have two in one VW or unregulated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.