Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I found the majority of the offending material inside the sleeve of the positive post's sleeve and on the screw's threads, the negative post also but lesser.
I twist up a piece of paper towel and keep twisting it into the sleeve till it comes out clean. I was really surprised just how dirty it was after thinking my initial cleaning was good enough.

Reactions: TrollDragon

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
I have been trying to get the machine oil flavor out of my taifun gt3 mini clone with no luck. I have soaked it in hot water with dish soap multiple times and now even rubbing alcohol and I can still taste it. Which is a bummer because I got the MTL insert and I am really loving the way it vapes but that slight machine oil flavor is just killing it for me 8( any tips anyone
I always use a small Tupperware container and soak it and shake it in mouth wash. Usually after about 12 hours of doing this it's good. I shake it as often as I remember

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I always use a small Tupperware container and soak it and shake it in mouth wash. Usually after about 12 hours of doing this it's good. I shake it as often as I remember

mouth wash is an excellent idea!!!

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
I have been trying to get the machine oil flavor out of my taifun gt3 mini clone with no luck. I have soaked it in hot water with dish soap multiple times and now even rubbing alcohol and I can still taste it. Which is a bummer because I got the MTL insert and I am really loving the way it vapes but that slight machine oil flavor is just killing it for me 8( any tips anyone
Completely disassemble the atomizer, fill a big enough glass with hot (but not boiling water) and put one of these (I don't know how they are called in english..) for 10-20min in there. Rinse out with warm water afterwards. :)

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
Completely disassemble the atomizer, fill a big enough glass with hot (but not boiling water) and put one of these (I don't know how they are called in english..) for 10-20min in there. Rinse out with warm water afterwards. :)
haha this is what I use. My boyfriends denture cleaning tabs. Think it is the same thing. Works great

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
No more escaping it. I ordered one of these today and will have to learn to use it. They have discontinued my old standbys. The GTII that I loved so much. I only like the ones with the well that can be pushed down because I prefer to use the acrylic tanks.

5993500-1.jpg

$14.29 GT III Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Baseman

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2015
Munich, Germany
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 19136777" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
Are GTIII and Pico compatible? 23.6 mm looks a bit too fat for Pico...
Depends. I have 4 Picos, on 2 I can screw it on without any issues - no dice on the other 2.

The iStick Pico is extremely popular in Germany, Smokerstore even manufactured smaller stainless steel battery caps to accommodate their atomizers.

pico_akkudeckel_3.jpg

Falco78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
United States
Depends. I have 4 Picos, on 2 I can screw it on without any issues - no dice on the other 2.

The iStick Pico is extremely popular in Germany, Smokerstore even manufactured smaller stainless steel battery caps to accommodate their atomizers.

pico_akkudeckel_3.jpg
Do you have a link to these caps? I'd love to pick one up

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread