Taifun GT Discusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
These are just a small bit of my stock piling. For UK/EU TDP not one is 2ml capacity.
I like my big dual coil 30mm rta,s and love my smaller SS single coil ones too
0a89772b817b9e52dc801a2dbd5d5fa2.jpg
bc37688053cdf820d72b52f861aa2f11.jpg
f4a33511235d8bf8ada0fb9a04f8ea4a.jpg
779ff0b18a95b5f669fbf5a7c3da0324.jpg
cac8a5a5713b7c67cea843add47eb8c6.jpg
bf1f5e577fa349e83f40d763f528e91a.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
About half of my Junk Pile...

SLiKt2r.jpg

L6O1KxR.jpg

evfZaZi.jpg

o7U6sTZ.jpg
Thats a big vape stand and lots of metal there [emoji106]
Supreme plus is a nice RTA , Sherman is Garbage. Problems with first runs of them , plastic tanks Crappy threads ,
mod farther was a good one but pain in .... hunting down stocks of the series and postless decks, then they swapped out for flat head screws on decks ,
Supreme plus just works better ,
Especially after they made the top cap larger, On them had 5 Supreme Pluses down to 2 now at least one is Signed by BJ

I passed on most of my unused vape gear
I couldn't be doing with filling shelfs up especially of not being used its in way an just gathers dust, Id of like to of kept a lot more but things need to be kept to a manageable level.
dont see point in keeping it all if not being used ,
some of it funded new mod purchasing , and a few days out and other things, whilst we still could.
The stash ive kept i use mainly all of them daily or weekly,
Other wise misses complains
She Needs everything kept clean sterilised Now
As she undergoing treatment,
And on immuno suppression drugs at moment, shes been pretty ill , and will get a lot worse before bone Marrow treatment
So needs everything to be clean spotless and put Rest of money into making things a little more comfortable for her.
8b9af9046441cc92b0dd7d9d10f0e3f9.jpg

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Bought the 41mm Voltrove more as a novelty, but its a decent vape, as for the Sherman, I'll agree with you, I've read all the grief, and issues, was going to buy one until that point. The one I have is about as flawless as an atomizer can get, however its a Kindbright clone, only real issue was o-rings weren't the best. Other then that it is fantastic, buttery smooth threads, excellent machining, fantastic flavor, no leaking at all so far. I'd match it up against the Plus any day. I don't mind the room it all takes, and have all my stuff in one room of the house, me and the pooch are about the only ones that goes in it.

I'm a fair bit more selective about purchasing vape gear then I used to be so the collection isn't growing as quickly as it used to, plus I'm doing less clones, and more authentic gear which adds to the slower growth.

Pretty interested in the BT, but skeptical, so that is definitely going to be clone first, and if its decent I may consider an authentic.

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
Bought the 41mm Voltrove more as a novelty, but its a decent vape, as for the Sherman, I'll agree with you, I've read all the grief, and issues, was going to buy one until that point. The one I have is about as flawless as an atomizer can get, however its a Kindbright clone, only real issue was o-rings weren't the best. Other then that it is fantastic, buttery smooth threads, excellent machining, fantastic flavor, no leaking at all so far. I'd match it up against the Plus any day. I don't mind the room it all takes, and have all my stuff in one room of the house, me and the pooch are about the only ones that goes in it.

I'm a fair bit more selective about purchasing vape gear then I used to be so the collection isn't growing as quickly as it used to, plus I'm doing less clones, and more authentic gear which adds to the slower growth.

Pretty interested in the BT, but skeptical, so that is definitely going to be clone first, and if its decent I may consider an authentic.
Yes same here , learnt the Hard way myself jumping on to new things ,
So now its Clones first then authentic if i like them
and found some Clones actually fix the the problems of authentic versions
go figure ,

Sold my Sherman on was a low serial number too 300s , but too many sliced fingers , jamming threads , crappy workmanship,

got the Clone myself works better [emoji33] comes with updated tanks and chamber/ chimney setups better threading too. Drip tips fit well in Supreme plus steam Crave sent me the bigger thicker top cap and top tank section that fixed the supreme top cap jamming also on very first run ,
serial in 700 s on that one

I'm wanting to buy the Spica RTA looks very nice suitable for me for what it is cross between skyline and Taifun GTv3 , but just not wanting to do transfer western union payment to Turkey for it, since PayPal isnt used due to fraud,
Over there an funding terrorism ect,
id like a clone of it but if not being sold out side of Turkey looks doubtful ,
will wait to see if Nartar clones come out too id grab one of them love the narda rda ,

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Got tired of waiting on the Shenray, as usual they take forever to get them out the door, Shenray's first batch was limited to a run of 400 pieces, kind of stupid when they have orders for 3 times that. Next batch they say are going to be end of month, so probably sometime end of July, or August before its anywhere near in stock, or ships nest day.

I imagine the Shenray will be done very well, seems SXK, and Coppervape have not jumped on it, so who knows if they even will. In the mean time I ordered the cheap one from FT, shipped today. Looks intteresting from the reviews I watched. Still not sold on it, but who knows.

@ShawnHoefer in case you missed it, don't use the mesh they included with the one you purchased supposed to be Nickel.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Got tired of waiting on the Shenray, as usual they take forever to get them out the door, Shenray's first batch was limited to a run of 400 pieces, kind of stupid when they have orders for 3 times that. Next batch they say are going to be end of month, so probably sometime end of July, or August before its anywhere near in stock, or ships nest day.

I imagine the Shenray will be done very well, seems SXK, and Coppervape have not jumped on it, so who knows if they even will. In the mean time I ordered the cheap one from FT, shipped today. Looks intteresting from the reviews I watched. Still not sold on it, but who knows.

@ShawnHoefer in case you missed it, don't use the mesh they included with the one you purchased supposed to be Nickel.
I've got sheets of ss mesh :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I figured you probably had your own mesh, and may have already seen mention of it, but figured I'd mention it.

China is constantly mixed up in wacky health related issues, Euthanasia drug laced dog food, plastic rice, quite inventive little buggers they are... Population control, one mistake at a time.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Yes correct on fill method. Shenray VS SXK, good question, I think the Shenray is more likely to be an exact copy, I also think sadly it has a higher possibility to have issues. Shenray tends to make stupid errors when making things. The odis RDA is prime example they did not make a countersunk shelf to hold the 510 insulator in place so the positive post could float. When they were called out on it the fix they made was Superglue it in place.

On the other hand they usually do fantastic job on the machining, Vapor Giant Mini (SR4) is a good example of that. Pretty much flawless. Shenray also tends to be a bit on the pricy side. SXK OTH is generally decent quality, and constant QC with few issues, but probably won't be a perfect 1:1.

All that said I've got the cheapie clone coming to test for proof of concept. I like it, I'll probably buy an SXK, and hold off a little to see the feedback on the Shenray. If the quality is there on the Shenray and I like the atty that will be my next one in the cart.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Well, I got my $10 clone from FT, made by Steamtribe AKA Tobeco if what I've read is correct. Can definitely tell its a low end clone, but its not bad. Put together well, works just fine. Not the best glass, but it works, air channels are smaller then the other clones, still OK airflow (slightly restricted lung).

Sliced a piece of 500 mesh 316L, slapped it in it .28 ohms, shredded a little bit of a ... cotton pad, lightly poked it into place, primed, filled, vaping like a champ. Flavor is about in line with a decent dual coil tank with some claptons, same with vapor production. around 100 watts is tops for this build then wicking is starving the cotton a bit, probably just a little dense on the cotton, but it was a quick and dirty build.

I had absolutely no hot spots on the mesh, glowed perfectly and surprisingly even on the first fire. Doesn't need much power at all to glow without the cotton, 20 watts for a quick burn was plenty. Filling method could be better, but it works.

I'll probably try the SXK, or Shenray next, but for $10 this one isn't bad at all.

I've read all kinds of comments how this thing is such a juice pig, but two tanks later @75 watts and I'd say consumption is close to an average airy dual coil tank running at about same power . The build I have in it runs and vapes just fine as low as 30 watts, so for me anyway another myth I've read about the BT having to be run @High power levels is debunked.

I like it, and if I can find an authentic used for a decent price will probably buy it.

Gorgon is next on my list, maybe finally a Kayfun I might like?

IMGP0118 (Small).JPG
IMGP0119 (Small).JPG
IMGP0120 (Small).JPG
IMGP0125 (Small).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread