Tank question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Well you should know that subtanks do hit harder, they give straight lung hits mostly. Like my subtank offers .5 or 1.2 coils. If the tank you're looking at has something like a 1.2, that may be better suited for you. The flavor and vapor from subohm is amazing. I use .5 coils and like I said I sit at 15.5 watts and it's perfect.

Reactions: staceybritt13

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I use my kanger subtank mini with the 1.2 ohm coils at about 22 watts. I don't like a very hot Vape but at that wattage it is really good. Not to hot and not to cold...just right. I am a mouth to lung hitter and i'm not to into the cloud chasing. Im more into the flavor and that seems to be the sweet spot for me with this tank. I did change the drip tip to a more narrow tip to give added flavor and i just didnt like the wide drip tip it came with. I run on the 2 air holes for the air flow setting. I'm actually using a factory drip tip off of one of my lemos. I'm not familiar with the melo so I hope the info I provided helps in some way. Also the longer the drip tip the cooler the vape will be because it has more distance to travel before it hits your mouth. Good luck Kinstonian!

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Also I wanted to add Stacey that if you do sub ohm you might want to consider dropping your nic level a bit. Most people that sub ohm use lower nic as to not get to much nicotine and for it not to be to harsh. Most use 3 to 6 mg nic. I use 12 mg but I'm not subohming but even if I were I wouldn't go above 12mg nic.

staceybritt13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well you should know that subtanks do hit harder, they give straight lung hits mostly. Like my subtank offers .5 or 1.2 coils. If the tank you're looking at has something like a 1.2, that may be better suited for you. The flavor and vapor from subohm is amazing. I use .5 coils and like I said I sit at 15.5 watts and it's perfect.
Thanks for the info..will definitely be getting something with the 1.2 coil. Can't hang with the big dogs yet on that .5 haha

Reactions: DanJiblets

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
In my experience i wouldn't bother with a subtank if your not going to use higher wattage and lung hit.
I find that attempting to use 10-15 watts and mouth to lung vaping that it is no better than a lot of cheaper tanks. The bottom line is that subtanks have been designed for higher wattage vaping and that's where they work best.
Obviously that is just my experience and other people seem to like using them at low watts. If the cost isn't an issue i would try one. If cost is an issue then i don't think it would be right for your style of vaping.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread