TFV4 Low Atomizer, or Coil Short issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidFiendKC

Aug 21, 2016
OK so I set up this account and am new to ecf mainly because of an odd issue with the TFV4 mini that has been bugging me, and I saw no comments that seem to help surfing other posts. I tried the atty on multiple different devices and the all threw some sort of error code relating to low ohms or shorting. So I did what you normally would do by pulling pins checking threaded connections, worn seals, ect.. still boned. Finally after pulling everything apart I got it to work. This happened on multiple coils from the tfv4 lineup so that's why I never looked over the coils to close, but the top lead on them was shorting to the threaded neck that enters the top of the coil. I'm not sure how many people have had this issue but with as many coil variations as the TFV4 no wonder. I bent the lead off the coil in towards the center and pushed it down some no issues now. This happened with multiple stock coils I freshly installed otherwise it wouldn't have confused me like this, hopefully it can help similar issues with Tfv4 coil defects.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I'd just use the RTA deck, coils are cheaply made. Usually 1 in 5 will go bad in just a few days or not work at all like yours. Sometimes it's just the coils that came with the tank and they have since made improvements on them. All the coils I got with my tank the lead would come out the bottom and I'd just clip it off but none from a pack I purchased afterwards did it.

Reactions: LiquidFiendKC

LiquidFiendKC

Aug 21, 2016
I'd just use the RTA deck, coils are cheaply made. Usually 1 in 5 will go bad in just a few days or not work at all like yours. Sometimes it's just the coils that came with the tank and they have since made improvements on them. All the coils I got with my tank the lead would come out the bottom and I'd just clip it off but none from a pack I purchased afterwards did it.

LiquidFiendKC

Aug 21, 2016
That's what I almost had to do, since I mainly used the RTA deck since I got it then tried a stock coils and thought something was wrong with my TFV4. I do that now with my kanger subtank and love it in ss coils. It's been working great now though, I like the stock coils for the tfv4. I just made this post to voice some annoyances with their coils reliability, and hopefully help anyone with similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread