Tfv8 baby beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
I think anything 50/50 is fine in the itaste VV. Any higher VG is more of a Sub Ohm affair, I think. (I don't think I have ever vaped anything 50/50 in a sub! only high VG).
But, yes, it would be great if juice makers said "only Sub Ohm" or "Best if Sub Ohm-ed". (Obviously the high VG juices are only Sub - but some 60/40?)
Also, another factor that I have to olay around with is different coils for different mixes.
I LOVE the V8 coil on BB & BBB. But I was switching coils (because I had to clean my V8) and threw in Q4 and vaped Mewlew's Magic (Ultra VG - their words not mine!) and it was fantastic. When I replaced the coil with the V8 - it wasn't as flavorful. So maybe with thicker juices, it really is better to have coils with bigger bores instead of many small ones. (Like on the V8). (Or even the coils with bigger/more inlets on the side).Yes the V8 has MORE surface area of coil - but smaller holes to accept the thick VG).

Food for thought.
I decided to start a notebook, if I try something and it fails, i put it down,if it works i put in another section. I know they say vaping is only as complicated as you make it..well, I'm working on a thesis at the moment. It's all teial and error, too cuz no one likes the exact same thing..not even close!! Im stillv $800 ahead on not buying cigs but now that i got subohm a 15 ml isn't lasting 2 days anymore and I want to get my stuff together and then wrok on DIYs..but that's a while a away.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I decided to start a notebook, if I try something and it fails, i put it down,if it works i put in another section. I know they say vaping is only as complicated as you make it..well, I'm working on a thesis at the moment. It's all teial and error, too cuz no one likes the exact same thing..not even close!! Im stillv $800 ahead on not buying cigs but now that i got subohm a 15 ml isn't lasting 2 days anymore and I want to get my stuff together and then wrok on DIYs..but that's a while a away.
Yah.
I just made a note that Halo may have high PG in their "standard" mix. AND that I may have a allergy to high PG.
I HAVE 50/50 juices and I do fine. But I just vaped unflavored Halo Fuzion "standard" mix (to erase the previous liquid flavor in the coil) - and all of sudden I look like I got the worst sunburn ever on my face! (This is not a 100% positive conclusion that it is THAT. But it is a likely suspect).
For all I know - Halo "standard" mix could be 80 PG.
I will be a guinea pig. I will vape some usual 80% juice (until my "sunburn" subsides) and then try the fuzion again, and see if I get the same reaction....It's like the sun landed on my face!:-x (And it wasn't gradual either. It happened in the space of an hour)... will update later.o_O

LemonVapeFreak

Feb 26, 2017
Yah.
I just made a note that Halo may have high PG in their "standard" mix. AND that I may have a allergy to high PG.
I HAVE 50/50 juices and I do fine. But I just vaped unflavored Halo Fuzion "standard" mix (to erase the previous liquid flavor in the coil) - and all of sudden I look like I got the worst sunburn ever on my face! (This is not a 100% positive conclusion that it is THAT. But it is a likely suspect).
For all I know - Halo "standard" mix could be 80 PG.
I will be a guinea pig. I will vape some usual 80% juice (until my "sunburn" subsides) and then try the fuzion again, and see if I get the same reaction....It's like the sun landed on my face!:-x (And it wasn't gradual either. It happened in the space of an hour)... will update later.o_O
That used to happen with my cholesterol med, called it flushing. I was wondering how that worked out for you..guess that answered that. I heard a lot of PG allergies, but that stuff is in a lot of products, just maybe not in that large of an amount. So many typos in my OP, no autocorrect on my tablet.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
That used to happen with my cholesterol med, called it flushing. I was wondering how that worked out for you..guess that answered that. I heard a lot of PG allergies, but that stuff is in a lot of products, just maybe not in that large of an amount. So many typos in my OP, no autocorrect on my tablet.
I will post when I have conclusive proof! Better today with a high VG. Probably try the Fuzion again tomorrow to flush today's tank - and I'll see if I have a reaction. (Actually, I'm really curious since I have had no allergies my whole life).

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I just bought the Smok TFV8 Big Baby beast tank, it came with some atomizers and the RBA deck that has SS Clapton coils, so now I have 2 tanks for the vaporizer. I'm pretty sure the V8 Q4 is nickel, .15 ohms seems like it would be and I've been using it as a nickel coil for months. The tank also has T6 Core 0.2ohm Sextuple Coil which is also nickel
I think. I'm very happy with the Clapton set up, I wouldn't mind getting a RBA deck for the original tank and do away with the atomizers.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
I just bought the Smok TFV8 Big Baby beast tank, it came with some atomizers and the RBA deck that has SS Clapton coils, so now I have 2 tanks for the vaporizer. I'm pretty sure the V8 Q4 is nickel, .15 ohms seems like it would be and I've been using it as a nickel coil for months. The tank also has T6 Core 0.2ohm Sextuple Coil which is also nickel
I think. I'm very happy with the Clapton set up, I wouldn't mind getting a RBA deck for the original tank and do away with the atomizers.
Really? I assumed all the TFV8 coils were Kanthol.
If they are Nickel, I would then be able to use Temp Control on the Alien 220. (I.e. "Try temp control").
I was under the impression that all the TFV8 were Kanthol.

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Smok gives the resistance and a wattage range for the atomizers and coils but is not stating the materials. The Smok kit I bought had a tank with a .15 ohm rating so I assumed it was nickel and used it in the temp mode, there RBA deck uses SS Clapton coils at .4 ohms which I also use in the temp mode.
Correct me if I'm wrong - but I think that if you have a coil that isn't nickel or titanium and try to use it on temp mode - the Alien just kicks you off Temp Mode, or gives you some sort of response on the screen.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
I want to get my stuff together and then wrok on DIYs..but that's a while a away.

Sorry for butting in, but if you are fairly sure you are going the DIY route at some point, you might consider getting your nic base now before availability, cost, strength of nic content, shipping regulations, or any combinations of those goes up or away. Most everything else you need should remain available for the foreseeable future. Then you can ease into DIY when/how you like.

Reactions: Eskie

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
None of the pre-built coils are nickel. They're all kanthal. If you want different coil material you need to make your own with the RBA.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Just wondering what kind of life you guys are getting with your BB coils.. I have been using the .15 t8 ( one that came with it ) and its been fine , but now is giving me a really harsh throat hit, and have only had it for about a week ( maybe 20ml of juice ) .. I still have the .4 Q2 that came with it, but since alot of people seemed to like the T8 better for flavor and longevity , I tried it first.

Flavor is still good, but whenever I go above 60 watts the TH gets really harsh , even tho the flavor is still there

C.C. 95

Sep 22, 2016
Just wondering what kind of life you guys are getting with your BB coils.. I have been using the .15 t8 ( one that came with it ) and its been fine , but now is giving me a really harsh throat hit, and have only had it for about a week ( maybe 20ml of juice ) .. I still have the .4 Q2 that came with it, but since alot of people seemed to like the T8 better for flavor and longevity , I tried it first.

Flavor is still good, but whenever I go above 60 watts the TH gets really harsh , even tho the flavor is still there
I find that even thought the T8 coil is rated for higher watts - the best flavor and hot comes at around 45. Like you, when I cranked it up, it got more burnt tasting.
if it continues, I would just clean it. I just rinse under hot water then blow the excess water/and juice out (with finger on the opposite end so the water and juice blow out the feed holes) and let dry for about 24 hours.
I know the T8 is rated for 60 to 80 W for the sweet spot. But I find the sweet spot more around 45 W.
Mileage varies for length of use on the coil based on how much you vape it. But if you have burned the cotton it is done.
Also, I find that no matter how high a coil is rated for the sweet spot (wattage wise) - I always start vaping a new coil at low wattage and ramp up incrementally. It allows for the possiblity that not enough juice has saturated the cotton.
So at low wattage when you start a new one you are A) not going to burn the cotton and B) you will be sucking juice into the cotton as you incrementally ramp up, so that when you get to the higher (desired) wattage, the cotton is saturated and there is less chance of burning.
My very first coil I burned at the get-go. It said 80w so I started at 80 watts! Ihad not primed the coil either (because I didn't know about that yet) and I just killed the coil from the start!
I am also in the T8 fan club. I love that coil on both the BB and The BBB. Although, I am really liking the Q4 too.
But, I frequently vape coils below what their recommended wattage is. I see that as just a guideline. I find (at least in my experience) I lose flavor with more power. Or more power ALTERS the flavor. I just tried my fav juice on the Cloud Beast King. Sure, Big clouds. But at 160w, the flavor of my favorite juice was drastically lessened.
(And, fwiw, The clouds on the CBK are not that much more intense than the BBB or TCB).
Just my two cents!
:)

I just got a Baby Beast TFV8 yesterday and I started out with the X4 Quad coils which are wonderful! I was looking to see if they made coils for TC yet but not as far as I have found just yet.

got also x4 now for both aliens, wonderful taste I must admit.

• Agree
Reactions: Richard-D

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I've had the Smok about 2 months, it has become my favorite and I just about always use it for vaping. The atomizer is the one it came with, .15 ohms, I just checked it and it seems that it is just beginning to get dirty in there. I'm vaping in temp mode at 350 F with some preheat.

How many puffs on the counter for you so far?

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I've had the Smok about 2 months, it has become my favorite and I just about always use it for vaping. The atomizer is the one it came with, .15 ohms, I just checked it and it seems that it is just beginning to get dirty in there. I'm vaping in temp mode at 350 F with some preheat.
The coils are kanthal so I have no idea how you're using it in TC mode.

I'm confused. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread