TFV8 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Hi all, I recently bought a smok TFV8 tank, after checking everything was done up tight etc I filled it, it then leaked nearly half of that liquid out through the vents, found a video on YouTube that says to push the earths in on the coil so the seal sits properly, that didn't do anything, reading the comments on that video, someone said if you screw the coil to the top part first and then screw it to the bottom it should fix the leaking problem, so, I did that and it didn't leak again, till now, it's now started leaking slightly out the vents when the mod is slightly tilted

So, just wondering if anyone else is having/had this problem with it and if you know a way of fixing it?

Also, I don't fill the tank to the top, only half fill it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Seems like you're 95% there, congrats.

Slowly but surely, really starting bug me now

Ive got the TFV4 and never had any leaks... is it designed that differently from the V8?

I've not actually had the V4 so I'm not sure

But from what one of my friends said, I'm guessing other than being slightly bigger and bigger clouds, they're pretty much the same

collinsmcrae

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Try turning it upside down as you put the top cap back on. When you put the top cap back on, extra air if forced into the tank which may result in leaking problems. If you flip the device upside down as you put the to top cap back on, after filling, the excess air is forced out of the airflow slots (vents as you call them) rather than juice. Leaking problems are very easy to diagnose. Either the wick isn't installed in your atomizer properly, allowing liquid to flood into the atomizer housing, or you have damaged o-rings or cracked components, or you are you are having the problem I mentioned initially. It can only be one of those 3 problems really.

Jay89

Aug 21, 2016
Cornwall
Try turning it upside down as you put the top cap back on. When you put the top cap back on, extra air if forced into the tank which may result in leaking problems. If you flip the device upside down as you put the to top cap back on, after filling, the excess air is forced out of the airflow slots (vents as you call them) rather than juice. Leaking problems are very easy to diagnose. Either the wick isn't installed in your atomizer properly, allowing liquid to flood into the atomizer housing, or you have damaged o-rings or cracked components, or you are you are having the problem I mentioned initially. It can only be one of those 3 problems really.

Just tried your advice and it's worked, no more leaking :) thank you :)

darrel210

Aug 6, 2017
Found a fix that i wanted to share screw the bottom of the coil on tight so its tight against the black o-ring after that screw the adapter to the coil and put the glass on and attach it to the top of the tank make sure each part is screwed on tight with the air hole closed. next to stop the leak after filling the tank attach a band around the top of the tank where you open it between the seal this will make sure you dont lose pressure , it should fix the issue as the top of the tank can make the bottom leak out the air hole and into your mouth with spluttering liquid this is a picture of mine Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread