Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Since the release of the "Radius", I have used no other 'mod', carried no 'spare', no spare 'batteries' or anything.

Someday I hope to have such confidence, in ANYTHING. I take two mods out when I get the paper each morning.

It's at the end of my driveway. :lol:

I'm kidding, of course (but only just marginally). :blush:

In all fairness though, I never didn't have at least one pack of cello-wrapped smokes sitting in the wings either. Some things just "are". :vapor:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Someday I hope to have such confidence, in ANYTHING. I take two mods out when I get the paper each morning.

It's at the end of my driveway. :lol:

I'm kidding, of course (but only just marginally). :blush:

In all fairness though, I never didn't have at least one pack of cello-wrapped smokes sitting in the wings either. Some things just "are". :vapor:

But tell me this? Do you have both a cell phone and a house phone next to you? Or, two cell phones? When you are in your car, do you have two cell phones? Or a secondary form of communication?
How many flashlights do you carry with you? How many knives? Guns?

When I drove Truck (OTR) I had a set of keys that stayed in the truck, a set in my pocket, and a spare in my wallet, and a spare in my right boot. A knife in my pocket, and one in my left boot. A tire thumper by the door, and one in each side box, and one strapped to the frame rail under the hood on the driver's side. Extra $$ in a spot in my wallet, left boot, and hat, and left side box. See my point? I am an "extra" kind of guy...

Now at home, off the road blah blah...
Always carry the cell when I leave the house. Flashlight on keyring, flashlight(s) in car. Back-up battery (charge phone, Kindle, Radius, etc), Back-up battery (jump cars, etc), gloves ,hat, blanket, spare coat, all that stuff - and a police thumper between the seat and the door.

But only the Radius goes with me, even on a day trip...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
But tell me this? Do you have both a cell phone and a house phone next to you? Or, two cell phones? When you are in your car, do you have two cell phones? Or a secondary form of communication?

When I drove Truck (OTR) I had a set of keys that stayed in the truck, a set in my pocket, and a spare in my wallet, and a spare in my right boot. A knife in my pocket, and one in my left boot. A tire thumper by the door, and one in each side box, and one strapped to the frame rail under the hood on the driver's side. Extra $$ in a spot in my wallet, left boot, and hat, and left side box. See my point? I am an "extra" kind of guy...

Always carry the cell when I leave the house. Flashlight on keyring, flashlight(s) in car. Back-up battery (charge phone, Kindle, Radius, etc), Back-up battery (jump cars, etc), gloves ,hat, blanket, spare coat, all that stuff - and a police thumper between the seat and the door.

Back in Year One, I left to help a friend who had a table at a local tag-sale type thingie. One Provi, one BDV carto tank, 5ml of liquid. On my drive over, the carto burnt out.

Four hours I went, with a store across the street, DYING to grab a pack of Marlboro Mediums. Somehow I resisted but it scarred me for life.

...and one knife in a pocket and a "9" on my right hip, if you must know. The avi, it don't lie.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Back in Year One, I left to help a friend who had a table at a local tag-sale type thingie. One Provi, one BDV carto tank, 5ml of liquid. On my drive over, the carto burnt out.

Four hours I went, with a store across the street, DYING to grab a pack of Marlboro Mediums. Somehow I resisted but it scarred me for life.

...and one knife in a pocket and a "9" on my right hip, if you must know. The avi, it don't lie.
I'm a two mod kinda guy myself, I bring a daily driver and extra batteries, keep a couple coils in the glove box in a tin, 5 or 10 ml juice in the coin pocket, and an extra mod just in case.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
an extra mod just in case.

THANKS, E! In fact, I unilaterally refer to it as my "Justin Mod" (which I actually "pilfered" from my own teenage story of a knife and a very large person who wanted to knock my teeth out).

Said person later went on to play a few years as a defensive lineman in the National Football League (true story).

Needless to say, I wasn't a very bright kid. Some things never change.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Guys, what Provape rumors?

when I bought my first people said ow "wow you have a provari can I see it".now they say " how quaint you have a provari, can I see it".

The Provari. :nun:

I bought V2 satin silver mini almost 5 years ago. When I bought it it was as you wrote. In that period in my country avarage salary was about 300e/350$ at the moment ($ had lesser value then today) and I remember (and have info on my Provape acc) it was 230$ for mod, 18500 exstension cap, 5 batteries and shipping in the US (there was no shipping for my country). Then send my uncle another 15-20$ for shipping and gave about 50$ for import tax nad VAT. So I've gave average monthly salary for it. That was also amount of my salary at the time, maybe 20-30$ more but after all comments and reviews I simply wanted one.

Half of the people I knew in RL or domestic vaping forum were happy for me and wanted to see it and try it... second half hated me and were telling it's rubish, just overpriced mod for people wanting to be seen with it when we have Lava tube and similar devices for less money etc.

But my Provari is one part of my life, no matter how does that sound. And that Provari died two days ago. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I had a lot of mods, was compulsively bying vaping gear (mods and atties) from cheap ones to expensive ones but all of them were just passer-byes with short time home with me. Most worth mentioning from that period was GGTS mech mod and even so much highly announced SvoeMesto Semovar V3 with Nivel chip which made incredible hype got to my hands through preorder but was used only one month and Provari V2 mini got back into my hands.

That Provari was my main device from the first day I got it until two days ago. It had tons of Boge cartos in different tanks on it, all Kayfun editions except last one, all sorts of RTA's and drippers etc. And when it died he was proudly carrying GG Tilemahos springomiser for over six months and still was producing great. Not near as the first day but very good and Tile was happy with his buddy. :(

And that's why I was asking what Provape rumors. I wanted to buy new one as I can't use box mods, don't like them and I don't care about temp control and similar new features. I always use single coil setup between 1.5-1.8ohm which works great for me and that works excellent even with only variable voltage. But had to sort some things before buying it. If there's some possibility of Provape closing I need to speed things up and buy one last edition and again one V2 mini just to have it arround.

When I started typing I didn't know it will be a long one.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
What a great story Moonwalker. It's stories like yours in addition to my own experiences which inspired me shop ProVape and start stocking up -- well before the sales of the past year. :wub: (I still have in rotation my original 5 plus year old V2.)

The sales are so good at ProVape at this time, I'd suggest buying a P3 now. It's great for many reasons, one being that you can use with either 18350, 18490 or 18650 modes and it takes flat top or button top batteries. The Classic looks and performs much like your original mini and is a very good buy as well.

The 2.5 mini's aren't available there anymore, though they are available at a few other locations....in EU and the USA.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Moonwalker, my condolences.

I'm not sure you'll find the V2 mini at this point any more, but there are lots of goodies that have been listed on the Provape Specials page just today, and it's changing inventory as we 'speak'.

Wishing you luck, sincerely~

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Ty for advices and comments. I knew they had blem V2 mini on Specials not so long ago but didn't want to pay 40+ shipping for mod which was sold for less and was waiting for some of my cousins to go to Europe. I made such a big mistake. :(

I love the tear detail but they only have polished one which I never liked. So I will get satin P3, it's more then enough for my needs. I'm just hoping it will live at least half of time as V2 did and I will be satisfied.

Until then I'll be using Proteus and Penelope, only other combo beside Provari that's a keeper and real lifesaver in this moment as that's my only spare gear. I remember when I had a lot of gear for testing and just in case. After that phase subsided I didn't even have any back-up until this summer when I bought the mentioned combo.

But even though Proteus is great, Provari is Provari. And Proteus can't carry Tilemahos.

EDIT:

Thank you for placing your order!
Your order number is .......

P3 ordered. And still shipping is killing me, 41.30 :sneaky:

Last edited:

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
How have I not yet posted in this thread?!?

The Song I sang to my "Such a Nasty Woman" Provi Mod, this morning...

Thank you ProVape!!!

a063f1cda1669cafcfc540b8f9484bc1.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
How have I not yet posted in this thread?!?

The Song I sang to my "Such a Nasty Woman" Provi Mod, this morning...

Thank you ProVape!!!

a063f1cda1669cafcfc540b8f9484bc1.jpg

A better musical selection, I have none.

Well done, Turf.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Now I'm even more sure that the rumors are true and that they are looking to get rid of everything as soon as possible.

Your order has shipped.

Less than 24 hours from my order.

I am happy and not happy at the same time. :blink:

upload_2017-1-18_18-42-33.png

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I'm not sure you'll find the V2 mini at this point any more

I was checking a lot for V2 mini and they go from 50$ or € for used ones (which I wouldn't take) and new ones in stores which have them go from 120 $ or € up to 180. :-x I really love the small guy but I would consider myself stupid and crazy to give that amount of money as I can buy two P3 or one Procyon for that money.

But... hard work does pay off... after three days of constant quest I've found new one for 50$. Yup, new V2 mini from the store and took it the moment I saw it.

After my purchase there last one left. Only one satin silver V2 mini. I don't want to leave link here in plain site for someone who wants just to make money on it. So, if anyone of you good people wants that one PM me and I'll give you the link. :thumbs:

EDIT: They only ship to the US, just so you know. I ordered it to my cousins address to be forwarded.

Last edited:

Jim-

GCS E (1) + V (1) + M (1) = 3
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Los Angeles County, Ca. USA

When I set foot out of my modest domicile I typically have a Stealth Radius, Benchmade, H&K USP, Spare magazine (w/ 9mm+P+), and a small 511 led tac light. Some might think that's a lot of stuff, but compared to the go-bag I also take with me it ain't nothin [emoji2] (my go-bag is a portable vape bar and gun maintenance facility all in one)[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread