The $10.00 cartomizer punch for your tanks - How to and Where to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Video on how to use it:

Location where to buy it:
Amazon.com: Self-piercing Saddle Valve: Pet Supplies

It works great! If its out of stock just search for Self Piercing Saddle Valve. Make sure its self piercing, some come that dont pierce. I used this method works perfect.

Does that link take us to correct size saddle valve? In the video he says a 1/4 valve and the link is for a 3.7 x 2.7 x 0.5 inch sadde valve. WHich is the correct saddle valve to buy on AMazon? I see they have more than one 1/4".

MUKHRFF

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
saudi arabia
its that same or not

i3ec.png

its Self-piercing or not

Watts LFA50 Compression Saddle Valve, 1/4-Inch OD x 1/2-1 Pipe

http://www.amazon.com/Watts-LFA50-C...ch/dp/B004VT42M8/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_1

MUKHRFF

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2011
saudi arabia

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
As donnah said, these are available just about anywhere: local hardware stores will have them, Lowe's, Home Depot, basically any home-improvement place stocks them. Just ask for an "ice maker saddle valve" and they'll steer you to it.

Yes you can get them at a hardware store too. I have like 10 in my area.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:( Mine never worked from day one and many folks have had issues too. The tip was so dull it kept trying to slide to side of carto. I let my husband check it out and he laughed at me. I know some people use them though. I think quality control might be the issue, some better than others. The tips though are not really sharp and meant for one use only piercing icemaker line so deforms cartos more than regular punch too :( Mine was a waste of $7. I know the more expensive punches seem pricey but - love them and mine been used for months and works like day one. Like butter lol.

And Mama.. you know you can just send cartos to me for punching if you'd like ;) I do have the setting down for lower holes for the glass tanks ;)

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Pfft! Never a bother ;)

The COV one is a copy of the VIP one which is also often sold out. There are some others coming out now though. Need to get one that has a really good sharp screw so it holds up over long term. This is one I have: Aluminium Cartomizer Punch V3 - Cartomizers/Tanks - Accessories

I have settings for the glass tanks and the lavas so if you want to - holler and I punch them for you while you hunt for one ;) Not a problem at all.

RayN

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Texas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread