1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

The best way to vape 100% VG

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by seniorGecko, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. seniorGecko

seniorGecko Senior Member ECF Veteran

What are your opinions on the best way to vape 100% VG juice? I like the organic 100% VG juice but it is thick. It doesn't seem to work well with my ovale elips tank system. I also have 510s with cartos and the flavor is great with that. Is there a way to get it to work with tanks as well? Is there something other than PG that I could mix with?

2. CaminoDiablo

CaminoDiablo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

To do 100% VG i find high Volts do the trick 6 or higher

3. PsychOfMSE

PsychOfMSE Moved On Verified Member

If you want a tank and use 100% VG (as I do), I would suggest a carto tank system such as a j-tank, lavatank, torpedo, something of that sort. Just make sure the holes (or slots) on your carto are larger than normal so that thick juice can wick!

4. Maximillian

Maximillian Super Member ECF Veteran

Heyas seniorGecko,

I think I've seen ppl post that they dilute 100%vg with pga or distilled water. I always use 80% or more pg, so don't have any direct experience.

Maximillian the Vaguely Disreputable

5. Tersur

Tersur Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mixing your VG with Distilled water at a 6to1 or 5to1 Ratio will make it Tankable

6. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah, thinning your juice may be your best bet for using it in the Elips or similar systems. Given the design of those types of tank attys, all VG juices tend to wick too slowly to be effective unless brought to a thinner consistency. I've had good luck with really thick juices in almost everything, each piece of hardware has its own tricks, but with that sort of tank system I personally stick to 50% VG or less

7. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    You can add 5% PG, DW (distilled water) or vodka (just the ordinary stuff), whichever you prefer.

See what the result is and adjust to suit - add more if needed. Some people go up to 20%. 100% VG isn't the ideal consistency as it's too viscous, it does need thinning slightly.

8. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    100% VG is best vaped in a dripper atty. As ....gate and others said, add PG for any other method. 50%/50% is very common and still has smooth throat hit. Cartos work best with 70pg/30vg or higher pg levels.

9. 908Tracy

908Tracy Vaping Master ECF Veteran

There are vendors who will thin out your VG for you. I vape VG and use the M1A1 tank from Notcigs. Like OP suggested just punch or slot your cartos a bit more to allow proper wicking. I punch 2 holes at present. Works perfectly fine!!!

10. Jiggity-J

Jiggity-J Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The only 100% VG liquid I own so far is Boba's and I've used it in my Liquinator with a 1/4" slot on carto. So far too good, since It's been Liquinating evenly, with no flooding or dry hits. I have a bundle of AVE juice and Iken's RY4 VG blend coming to fill up my tanks real soon.

: ovale
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.