Not open for further replies.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
Any word on pin upgrades for the nasty?

Sent over the ether

There is nothing wrong with the pins, I had two Big Nasty's and the first one was SN 452, my newer one is 766 there have been micro adjustments and the one I have now works much better and much smoother. What pin adjustments are you talking about?

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
april 30th is the date for the next run and the hopefullly improved pins. i used mine for a day,the button locked up and i destroyed the bottom pin trying to get it apart. customer service is going to replace them though. hope this works better. by the time i get the new pins i should have received the BFM i have on preorder....so i'm wondering if i'll ever use it again...

snoopyjkbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2011
OC, California
i like the size and battery life of the mod, but damn, that button throw is pretty tough. GF refuses to use it, says button is too hard to press.... anyone got tips on how to make the button throw smoother/lighter? even i have a hard time firing just using my pinkie, usually have to use my 2 bottom fingers to press it.

gonna take it apart, maybe can replace magnets with weaker ones or something...

Last edited:

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
I hope there will be an option for existing owners to upgrade, love my nasty but the voltage drop kinda sucks.

What is this BFM you speak of?

Sent over the ether

bay city vapors newest copper mod. 26650 hybrid top cap. close to 0 voltage drop. $250 on preorder and still available @ vapingcraze.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Where does one find info on the Tatroe DNA tube? Are they going to do a pre-order? Have a spare 30 that would love the Big Nasty lol.

Is that true. I was under the impression it was a DNA30 add on in that it came with a DNA chip in it. Didnt know that you could get the tube without the chip. Either way Im totally down for it.

EDIT to add link

This is all I know about it personally which isnt much at all

http://.........blogspot.com/2014/04/vapebash-big-nasty-dna30-extention.html

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Have thought of going to the local machine shop and have them build me a head adaptor for the futura, Nasty Futura, lol. Hmm, wonder if I could get a spare head from Tatroe, then would just have to machine out the center and thread it for the head tube. But would rather use the tatroe tube.

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, found one advantage of the large voltage drop on the Nasty, Just built a 0.2 ohm build on Rose2, and it was a wee bit warm on the Stingray in the 70 watt range so mounted Rose on the Nasty and much better at a mere 45 watts. lol, who says one can't appreciate voltage drop. lmao

Pic of 0.2 Rose2 riding the Big Nasty, tg for jc, is all I can say. Really starting to enjoy this power vape. Now if Max would ever get here!!!

qXIAF6T.jpg

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Holy Cow! $160 for the DNA module. I added myself to the list. Here it is if anyone is actually interested.

Big Nasty 30D Module

hmm, interesting, think will have to pass though, am liking the 0.2 Rose2 riding my Big Nasty though. With voltage drop and all, still rocking all day at 45 watts.

dirquist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Kent, Wa
Preorder is up for the 26th

Did you preorder it? I actually just did against my better judgement. The hot button issue Ive been having along with the voltage drop has left me in a state of feeling the need for this. The draw of a 26650 DNA is just to strong for me to fight off.

Ropeinmyhand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Washington
Did you preorder it? I actually just did against my better judgement. The hot button issue Ive been having along with the voltage drop has left me in a state of feeling the need for this. The draw of a 26650 DNA is just to strong for me to fight off.

Yeah I did, I had no idea this was even coming out. I was trying to get rid of it in a trade but everyone kept saying no after looking into it. What is your voltage drop like? Mine is like 1.0-1.2 and it just makes me so mad, especially since it was the first authentic mech mod I had bought and my clones hit harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread