the BIG NASTY, and HADES (26650 batteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee
got the Big Nasty in today's mail. thought i give a few quick impressions. since i had read where several people had issues with the button and voltage drop i resisted the urge to throw a battery and begin vaping. i completely disassembled it and cleaned all the threads and any connection points with WD-40 and then alcohol. also buffed the copper contacts. i then gave the button area a generous amount of noalox and a light coat to all the threads. the threads were a little squeaky when i first took it apart. put it back together with a fresh Sony battery and topped it off with my patriot running .7ohm with twisted 30ga kanthal. that was a couple of hours ago and i am thoroughly impressed with the performance.it seems strange but i hear more about voltage drop with 26650 mods than any other.perhaps the contact area will need to be cleaned more often but i am going to wait and see how long before cleaning the inside again. i'm hoping the issues that i have heard about are all straightened out now but i will be sure to post again should anything arise.

BTW in early may i'll be able to compare it to BFM in copper.

Big Nasty is collecting dust. even with the upgraded contacts and magnets ( which have a very stiff throw) cause the BFM is in town! nothing like 0 voltage drop. save up..

roosterado

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2014
willmar MN
I am soon going to order a Tesla M7 I like my Seigeli 20 Watt with a 26650 tube alot. I am new to rebuilding[on a Dual Wick RSST a Crown RDA clone and a Aqua Clone] Most of my dual coil builds are coming out at about .5 ohm,so I decided to get a inexpensive mech. I've learned the Segeili 20watt preforms optimal around 1.8 ohm but I use it on RDA's and Carto tanks from 1 ohm to 2.5 ohm.

mujuru

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2013
The O.C.
mujuru-albums-mods-picture346328-20140613183154canon-eos-40d19485312014.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread