ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010

GrayMatter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2010
California
Bummer! I'd contact Bret and I bet he takes care of you lickitly split!

Yep. Gonna contact him in the morning. For anyone who hasn't dealt with him, his response and customer service is right up there with DD of BB. Both are top notch outstanding people. My first order with Bret, he offered to remake it if I wasn't happy with it.

Nick if you are interested in switching to rayon there are some really helpful folks in the rayon thread.

Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

I will def have a look. Thanks xx

@Nickoo I have a 1.8ohm build in it now. I think it was 11 wraps of 28g kanthal on a 2.5mm bit.

Other than that the only tips I can give it to use a lot of cotton. I cleaned my tank yesterday and removed all the gaskets. After everything dried I put it back together and so far at least, no leaking. I am still getting minor condensation but I think that's par for the course with the BB since the tank is enclosed..
I have not try that high ohm build yet. The highest i went was around 1 ohm mark. but i will have a go and yes i def put a lot of cotton in it, even try the other guy wicking method on this thread ( sorry i cant remember your name)

Anyone else using the 0.5ohm Kanger coils having this issue? About every 2 minutes it's asking me 'new coil or same coil?' May be an issue with my new Ohman drip tip which stops before I feel like it's tight enough. Gonna try the original screw next and see if that makes a difference.

4877a6efa47805fc96912997d39c4732.jpg

Me and my mate have been using the 0.5 ohm kanger coils only for the past few weeks. Both me and my friend this it is the bee knees for kanger coils. The rest is just really meh, especially the clapton coils. Anw we did not have that issue using stock ss ring on top.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
What are you using for kartos in yours? Are you liking the punched? slots?

Boges SR - both punched (had some left over from another tank system) and slotted . . . :tumbs:

AND - Of course, I crack a "blisters pack" or 2 too . . . ;) :facepalm:

No "re-builder of coil" here . . .
banging-head-on-the-wall-smiley-emoticon.gif

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I hope everyone's well. For all concerned about shipping, I received notice this morning that my boro had somehow morphed itself all the way from Ogden to here.

It took four days (NO stops in between, or so it says).

Morphing ain't easy.

skotsour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
I hope everyone's well. For all concerned about shipping, I received notice this morning that my boro had somehow morphed itself all the way from Ogden to here.

It took four days (NO stops in between, or so it says).

Morphing ain't easy.

Mine just did the same thing. Arrived at my local PO just a bit ago, I should get it today. USPS just wanted to make a few of us sweat.

Aceyboogie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2010
Sincity and the City of Angels
Hope everyone is well....

I haven't been able to catch up....these 12 hour shifts are killing me :( one more to go after today then I can finally show off my ratbald :)

Everything else came yesterday, so it wasn't DD's fault at all, just USPS as usual...lol!

Take care everyone and talk to you soon...btw, these kanger occ 0.5ohm coils are excellent, I even had to use the spare oring because the airflow was too much for me...haha!!

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Nick if you are interested in switching to rayon there are some really helpful folks in the rayon thread.

Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2

Because I am lazy and don't want to read whole thread...

What's the life on this stuff? I get about 15-20ml of juice (2-days for me) through cotton before it needs to be swapped out.

I still have enough cotton to last for a year or longer and it seems like every other week there is a new, and all the rage, wicking material out.. From Fluval all the way to bacon cotton I've tried it all and I always end up with a ton of it left over when next week comes and the new wicking material is the talk of the town.

I'm not doubting this stuff but am leery about buying 'another' wicking material.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Uno as my primary use atty -- day 2 log: (lol)

Okay I am going to snarf up another (maybe 2 more)! Why? Well I will keep the extra(s) built and ready to roll for emergency usage. If they are needed, screw top chamber off, prime, screw top chamber back on and vape!

I am really digging the flavor I am getting from them.. I pre built 10 coils yesterday so to keep the extra(s) on hand and ready to roll all I need to do is add cotton and toss them aside.

We all (some?, most?) use to carry extra cartomizers so this will be no different. Well, they are a wee / tad bit more expensive than karto's are from an initial $$ output standpoint..

I'll keep a Billet Bridge around for super duper emergency use but I think I am going to go all in on the Uno!

I am not real big on building these days but this thing is so flippin easy to build, it's not really an issue..

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
When I used cartros I went with the Boge SR (they were 3.0 ohm I believe)
My preference was SR, slotted (very difficult to find these days). Good stuff though - they worked well.
I used Boge LR 2.10ohm two hole prepunched for most of the time and then smok revives (they are XL so just cut down to fit)

I found slotted ones too gurgly with my high PG 70%
I use both punched and slotted SR Boge cartos. I didn't think I would like the slotted that Kat gave a link to. But, they're fine. Even for thin juice. They only have a slot on one side.

So, trust Kat when she gives a recommendation!

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
@raqball How are you coiling your Uno? Wraps, kanthal size, etc? Just curious as I've only seen one build video for it and like to know how others are building theirs...

1.8'ish ohm's which for me is 11 wraps of 28g kanthal around a 2.5mm drill bit. Then I put a lot of cotton in (make it tight in the coil) then snip the ends right at the base, fluff the ends and juice it up..

Vapes like a beast at 11 watts.. :D

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'm not doubting this stuff but am leery about buying 'another' wicking material.
I'm sure someone will send you some, in fact, I will if you pm me your addy. Someone sent me just a little bit of it. I'm sure it's great if you're willing to fiddle with it and do it just so, but I get a great vape from KGD and I don't have to fiddle with it. I wasn't impressed with it when I did it without reading and learning just how to do it.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
This week I tried to push through not wanting to catch what my kids were passing back and forth but couldn't keep their germs away. I felt like I was heading for the dirt nap these past 4 days with a migraine to boot. Gonna check on a few other things and maybe cook up some chicken noodle soup just to be safe.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I use both punched and slotted SR Boge cartos. I didn't think I would like the slotted that Kat gave a link to. But, they're fine. Even for thin juice. They only have a slot on one side.

So, trust Kat when she gives a recommendation!

Thank you, DH! But DO keep the salt shaker handy... :facepalm:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
This week I tried to push through not wanting to catch what my kids were passing back and forth but couldn't keep their germs away. I felt like I was heading for the dirt nap these past 4 days with a migraine to boot. Gonna check on a few other things and maybe cook up some chicken noodle soup just to be safe.
(((((((((Bush))))))))))) sorry yur sick hun. My gd just had strep throat, but luckily I was in florida while she had the worst of it! Hope you're feeling so much better very soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread