~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
Quick question: I'm now up to 2 Rev 4's, and was browsing the BB site. I stumbled upon the Rev 3a's, and I'm wondering if any of you that have both could tell me if there's a use case where you'd prefer the Rev 3a?.

Apart from the fact that I like the idea of a simple circuit that I could repair, if needed, as far as I can see the Rev 4 beats the Rev 3a on the other aspects (power, battery life, construction longevity (thinking about the door, here)). Or is there something I've missed?

BTW, and completely OT, anyone looking for a great place to go on vacation, I can recommend Malta. Wow, wish I'd discovered these islands before. And has great diving!! Recommended. One BB, 100ml juice, 2 18650's (plus charger), an UNO (and a couple of BVC's for backup), and that was that. I've never travelled this vape-lite before. Go BB!!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Quick question: I'm now up to 2 Rev 4's, and was browsing the BB site. I stumbled upon the Rev 3a's, and I'm wondering if any of you that have both could tell me if there's a use case where you'd prefer the Rev 3a?.

Apart from the fact that I like the idea of a simple circuit that I could repair, if needed, as far as I can see the Rev 4 beats the Rev 3a on the other aspects (power, battery life, construction longevity (thinking about the door, here)). Or is there something I've missed?

BTW, and completely OT, anyone looking for a great place to go on vacation, I can recommend Malta. Wow, wish I'd discovered these islands before. And has great diving!! Recommended. One BB, 100ml juice, 2 18650's (plus charger), an UNO (and a couple of BVC's for backup), and that was that. I've never travelled this vape-lite before. Go BB!!

In the durability department, DD's chip puts a whoopin' on the Evolv ones (sorry, "lovers"). If the tootle puffin' works for you, it's very tough to beat the Rev 3's. Just have extra batteries.

LOVE my Rev 4, but guard my Rev 3's like a HAWK.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Ok so HERE is a question for you BBOXERS:

Do you swap tanks between boxes?

With tube mods, like my Provaris, it's easy to swap one atomizer to another, depending on mood, taste, aesthetics, etc.

With the BBox, the device looks the same, minus drip tip, regardless of the tank.

So, for example, Donovan (my Dober Rev3) uses a BVC Bridge with a coffee flavor.
But I feel like I'll want the Dober body with a different flavor tomorrow. So I'll need to swap tanks with another box.

Up to now, I've kept each tank exclusive to each box.

So do I openly swap each tank to each box, depending on what I feel like carrying...? The same way I do with my Provaris?

Thoughts? Opinions?

I have four eliquids that I Vape so I have sets of 4 BB's running at any one time. (In a nice colour combo of course) and each of my billet boxes match the Eliquid that is in them. Seperate tanks for each and they all have a dedicated drip tip and button.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia

I fell in love with the BB Rev 3 the instant I saw it and that love affair is going strong. So even though I know all the positives on the Rev 4 ..... It does not grab me in the same way. I can't explain why..... They are part of the family and nothing sits more comfortably in my hand.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I have four eliquids that I Vape so I have sets of 4 BB's running at any one time. (In a nice colour combo of course) and each of my billet boxes match the Eliquid that is in them. Seperate tanks for each and they all have a dedicated drip tip and button.

Now WHY doesn't this surprise me? :):D

aarhus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
In the durability department, DD's chip puts a whoopin' on the Evolv ones (sorry, "lovers"). If the tootle puffin' works for you, it's very tough to beat the Rev 3's. Just have extra batteries.

Yeah, analog is repairable--I like that. I only vape at 12W anyways, so I'm not using the Evolv to its full potential. For sub-ohming I use mechs anyways (Reo et al).

I fell in love with the BB Rev 3 the instant I saw it and that love affair is going strong. So even though I know all the positives on the Rev 4 ..... It does not grab me in the same way. I can explain why..... They are part of the family and nothing sits more comfortably in my hand.

Hmm..... maybe I'll just trundle along to DD's site. Just browsing, y'know ;)

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
@subwayaznm I'm taking a guess by the name that you might be from Arizona or New Mexico. Welcome to the BB club here. I'm in Northeast AZ just over a 1hr away from the I-40 and Holbrook.
Hi there bushmasterar, I was in AZ then NM; :) Old Military guy. Some of us move around a lot. Tucson was my home. Thanks for the welcome

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly

I have a Rev4 (40w) that is totally awesome! I also have a Rev 1.0 and a Rev 3a (Lila Monster) that I absolutely love! DP is correct, the earlier BB's go through the batteries a bit faster. But those little 16340's don't take up much room at all! A case with 4 of them takes about the same amount of space as 2x18650's.

LEGOMAN

Feb 10, 2010
Utah
@Debadoo I have no idea how you vape 18mg nic with a .5 ohm coil. That sounds extremely painful and would make me sick haha

I got a Billet Bridge racing as a gift yesterday and I'm so happy! Now I don't have to use my roo with a modified tank anymore. It wasn't bad or anything, but it looks better. Also it's cool that it has the airflow control too. I like to have it slightly more constricted and with it I can finally do that.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010

Completely agree with this.. I think DD's dial chip will last 2x or 3x or 4x longer than a DNA chip.. With the FDA crud looming, longevity of the mod should be a high priority.. I don't see the DNA's lasting long at all... A few years? Sure! 7, 8 or 9 years is doubtful. I'd expect DD's chip to keep o trucking long after the DNA's are dead..

Yeah the only bummer to the rev 3's are battery life! I can easily go through 3 or 4 sets of batteries a day.. But..... You can haz delrin tank in the rev 3 and I lub the delrin tanks! :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm gonna make some custom clear faces for my Delrins, and keep my Boros on ice.

The ONLY gripe I have with the Delrin is I can see if my Bridge seats properly.

It's of absolutely no value, HB. If it fires, it's seated properly. And you get a feel for it quickly.

I'd recommend that you keep them as they are. They're much more durable that way. Don't mess with success, and all that-there.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's of absolutely no value, HB. If it fires, it's seated properly. And you get a feel for it quickly.

I'd recommend that you keep them as they are. They're much more durable that way. Don't mess with success, and all that-there.

Yeah but...
But...Daaaaaaaad!
My friend has access to a materials shop, and can get the same grade Delrin...in CLEAR...and he can cut/drill it to the exact dimensions and bolt pattern.

You never let me do ANYTHING!!!

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Have y'all heard of IMRbatteries.com?

I'm looking at these:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery

Going to be using them in my Provaris and my Mark Bugs WAEII at 15 watts, 1.0 ohm coil.

I'm positive my math makes them more than safe, but what I'm concerned with is authenticity...
Any word if they're a trusted vendor?

Orbtronics and RTD are out of stock, and Provape sells them at double the price.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah but...
But...Daaaaaaaad!
My friend has access to a materials shop, and can get the same grade Delrin...in CLEAR...and he can cut/drill it to the exact dimensions and bolt pattern.

You never let me do ANYTHING!!!

LOL!!!!!

In that case, have a blast. :lol:

Just don't go with the thin sheets. Much wetness may await.

Not always a bad thing, of course. :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread