Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Have y'all heard of IMRbatteries.com?

I'm looking at these:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery

Going to be using them in my Provaris and my Mark Bugs WAEII at 15 watts, 1.0 ohm coil.

I'm positive my math makes them more than safe, but what I'm concerned with is authenticity...
Any word if they're a trusted vendor?

Orbtronics and RTD are out of stock, and Provape sells them at double the price.

You're good, HB. That's a reputable source. Another I use is:
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!

They're also out of stock, in about the same price range.

I always check Ortronics first, then RTD. The other two are my numbers 3 & 4 (orders are almost interchangeable). Any of the above are safe.

I buy mods from ProVape. Not too much else, if you know what I mean. LOVE 'em, but...

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I'm gonna make some custom clear faces for my Delrins, and keep my Boros on ice.

The ONLY gripe I have with the Delrin is I can see if my Bridge seats properly.

Mr. HB you should check out the first page of this thread, he used to make them as you describe. :) I never did get my hands on one of those, always wanted to try them.:(

~The Billet BoX~

KAS

LEGOMAN

Feb 10, 2010
Utah
Yeah but...
But...Daaaaaaaad!
My friend has access to a materials shop, and can get the same grade Delrin...in CLEAR...and he can cut/drill it to the exact dimensions and bolt pattern.

You never let me do ANYTHING!!!
You could always try to get the original tank that came with the early boxes. I have one and it's wonderful

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Have y'all heard of IMRbatteries.com?

I'm looking at these:

LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A Flat Top Battery

Going to be using them in my Provaris and my Mark Bugs WAEII at 15 watts, 1.0 ohm coil.

I'm positive my math makes them more than safe, but what I'm concerned with is authenticity...
Any word if they're a trusted vendor?

Orbtronics and RTD are out of stock, and Provape sells them at double the price.

I've ordered from them before... They are legit and sell authentic..

On the plus side, if you order 10,000 of them you get 20% off! :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Yes - I am not @Bamrz . . . :facepalm:

However - I see 3 different messages this morning on FB that should be of interest to many here . . .

First - The usual update about what will be available . . .
Billet Box Vapor
Today's colors will be: black, red, orange, dark blue, and rpg
(8:30am mountain time)

Then THE :shock: NEWS . . .

Billet Box Vapor
Big, Fat, Honking,,, Pixels!!! R4B.
July 30, 2016 | DD

Booom, the first tweak to the Second Gen BB. The Rev.4 B is hitting the shop today and incorporates a much larger screen with a more robust connection from screen to circuitry. Moving forward from here out, the different machining geometry for the large screen is going to make offering a 25watt model 102% not-gonna-happen-able... though they look similar, they just can't share parts and that is totally gonna mess up our production. What i'm getting at here is... bye bye 25 watt box, we no make you no mo'

2.gif

Billet Box Vapor added 2 new photos to the album:
In other Newz.. July 30, 2016 | dD.

Last edited:

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
Love the big screen, I'm sold! Dna 60 with Escribe to follow soon I recon :w00t:

Same size board so should be a possibility once evolve start getting them in to peoples hands.

Been a while since I have been here, have Pearl or abalone buttons for the rev. 4 been mentioned?

Kh888

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Illinois
I admit, I like the big screen, but really if you can see the small what is the point? That said, I did just ask if there will be an upgrade path to the larger screen. A lot of folks dropped some good money on the small screen only to have the larger released within a few weeks.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I am not sure why Evolv even bothered with the small screen on the DNA25. To make it worse it is permanently attached to the board, unlike the DNA40/75/200.

I do understand that BB wants to simplify their tooling and by moving to the large screen will help when having to service them in the future (small screens have been hard to get). Maybe this will make a niche market for the aftermarket guys who can make new plates to switch from small to large screen on the original r4's :)

Good news, I was able to snag a RPG today!!!!

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Yes - I am not @Bamrz . . . :facepalm:

However - I see 3 different messages this morning on FB that should be of interest to many here . . .

First - The usual update about what will be available . . .
Billet Box Vapor
Today's colors will be: black, red, orange, dark blue, and rpg
(8:30am mountain time)
Then THE :shock: NEWS . . .

Billet Box Vapor
Big, Fat, Honking,,, Pixels!!! R4B.
July 30, 2016 | DD

Booom, the first tweak to the Second Gen BB. The Rev.4 B is hitting the shop today and incorporates a much larger screen with a more robust connection from screen to circuitry. Moving forward from here out, the different machining geometry for the large screen is going to make offering a 25watt model 102% not-gonna-happen-able... though they look similar, they just can't share parts and that is totally gonna mess up our production. What i'm getting at here is... bye bye 25 watt box, we no make you no mo'

2.gif

Billet Box Vapor added 2 new photos to the album:
In other Newz.. July 30, 2016 | dD.

Well I must say the this news just sucks, I was only interested in the 25, and if the board can't be replaced, then I wont ever be getting one. I am not sure about the 40 either, a larger screen size, is okay but I do have bifocals, so I would be able to see it either way. After this past week I can't buy anything else for a month anyway, I think that I should just give up, on the dreams of the new BB's completely.:unsure: Nice to see that he is now carrying the racing, but with out selling the head also, I will just wait till Atmistique has them in stock again. :|

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
@kas122461 . . .
animated-gifs-question-marks-07.gif

While I understand that there is no NEED for more power then what Ya' would use - I'm wondering why a 40 will not work just as well for "You" . . .
kerdes.gif

You are correct, I am probably just being irrational. :oops:

KAS

aarhus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
Bummer about the DNA 25 :(. I really wanted to get one of those. My maximum so far has been 15W, with 12W being standard. Ah, well...

As @raqball says, who looks at the screen anyway, once you're set up? :unsure:

I think I'll go for the Rev 3.a after all, either Dober og RPG. :)

BTW, any reputable suppliers for the AW 16340's in Europe? I've been looking around, but hard to figure out which to choose.

Greenj22

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2016
Love the big screen, I'm sold! Dna 60 with Escribe to follow soon I recon :w00t:

Same size board so should be a possibility once evolve start getting them in to peoples hands.

Been a while since I have been here, have Pearl or abalone buttons for the rev. 4 been mentioned?
Not the same sized board AT ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread