~The Billet Box~ page 1559 continued...

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Ok so my DNA 60 big screen came and I dig it! I do like the larger screen much better than my DNA 40 small screen.

Now............... I also snarfed up a Billet Comfort because I haz about 300 Aspire coils in stash and I figured with the comfort I can also use them in the BB if I want..

But................ How in tarnation do you get the dern thing in? Okay I think I haz figured it out but man O man is it suppose to be difficult...

Here is what I finally did to get the contraption in the tank and the tank to fit inside the BB...

1. Screw adapter on bottom of coil
2. Insert coil into tank
3. Put chimney in from the top of Boro
4. Screw the chimney into the coil
5. Seat the assembled contraption into the bottom of the tank
6. Put tank in BB

#4 is a serious pain in the rump since the chimney has to be inside the tank from the top and the coil has to also be in the tank. How in tarnation am I suppose to hold the coil while I screw the chimney on? Is there an easier way to do this? If not this comfort contraption might end up getting chucked right into da trash...

What say the peeps who haz the Comfort....

Edit to add:

Is this the best way for #4

Put the coil inside the tank then push it up through the top tank hole and then screw the chimney on. After that push the whole contraption back into the tank and go, go, go?

Still a massive pain in the rump.........

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ok so my DNA 60 big screen came and I dig it! I do like the larger screen much better than my DNA 40 small screen.

Now............... I also snarfed up a Billet Comfort because I haz about 300 Aspire coils in stash and I figured with the comfort I can also use them in the BB if I want..

But................ How in tarnation do you get the dern thing in? Okay I think I haz figured it out but man O man is it suppose to be difficult...

Here is what I finally did to get the contraption in the tank and the tank to fit inside the BB...

1. Screw adapter on bottom of coil
2. Insert coil into tank
3. Put chimney in from the top of Boro
4. Screw the chimney into the coil
5. Seat the assembled contraption into the bottom of the tank
6. Put tank in BB

#4 is a serious pain in the rump since the chimney has to be inside the tank from the top and the coil has to also be in the tank. How in tarnation am I suppose to hold the coil while I screw the chimney on? Is there an easier way to do this? If not this comfort contraption might end up getting chucked right into da trash...

What say the peeps who haz the Comfort....

Edit to add:

Is this the best way for #4

Put the coil inside the tank then push it up through the top tank hole and then screw the chimney on. After that push the whole contraption back into the tank and go, go, go?

Still a massive pain in the rump.........

I have found that second part to be easier.

Push the coil towards the top, and attach chimney, then seat the whole thing.

Congrats on scoring a 60 by the way!

I've failed the last two drops!

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I still haz an Uno but was looking at the Insider.. Anyone haz it and wanna comment? I know they are nowhere to be found but might start stalking for one if it's worthwhile..

While I haven't tried the Uno, I managed to score the Insider at Wicks & Wires. It's very simple to build and wick; the vape quality is incredible. My only complaint is that it leaks rather heavily when I refill the tank. The leaking goes away after I remove the tank and wash off the leaked e-liquid. Since the few reviews I found on YouTube state that there haven't been any leaking issues, I'm chalking it up to user error (perhaps I didn't wick it sufficiently?). I built the coil at 0.9 ohm and am vaping it at 17W. Again, the quality of the vape, from flavor to vapor production, is top notch.

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
With the insider, i'll agree with alphaguitarist about user error on my part as well.

I was primarily using bottom feeders priror to the billetbox, only occassionally messing with a tank when i wanted something to fiddle with.

Using the insider I think it is great and love the design, but with not having a lot of experiencing with wicking tanks/insider, i have had some leaking. THe build is super easy, but I gotta get the right amount down. My first time it leaked, second wicking did good but after 6 or 7 tanks I started getting a slow leak so I rebuilt and rewicked and now it is leaking again. So it is sitting to the side till this weekend and just using my aspire bvc bridge.

I have the uno to, and someone suggested the 1.0 clr coil pin, which worked great to tighten up the draw. I do get some leaking though cause, i think, of just how things are set up with the coil eventually juice makes it way down. Uno is nice, will use for when i want to vape flavors just cause it is so easy to rebuild and that.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Well hold on there cowboy..........

Figuring I might have jacked something up settings wise when trying to figure out how to access the various settings, I found the DNA 60 manual and went through all the settings and set them to what I think they should be... It's been vaping fine for the past 30 minutes...

Is it possible I inadvertently changed a setting that could have caused the "Ohms too low" error?

I sent BB a message but I'll keep an eye on this puppy and see if that rears it's fugly head again.. I hope not....

Last edited:

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Well hold on there cowboy..........

Figuring I might have jacked something up settings wise when trying to figure out how to access the various settings, I found the DNA 60 manual and went through all the settings and set them to what I think they should be... It's been vaping fine for the past 30 minutes...

Is it possible I inadvertently changed a setting that could have caused the "Ohms too low" error?

I sent BB a message but I'll keep an eye on this puppy and see if that rears it's fugly head again.. I hope not....

Yeah the default settings loaded into the BB DNA60 leave much to be desired....

As much as I love the BB, I miss the beautiful engraving on the older versions.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Although he hasn't been around in awhile - a must post for today . . .

birthday.jpg

1-1.gif

To YOU

Birthday-Wishes-With-Smiley-wb2006.gif

TO YOU

yhckzik.gif

"@5cardstud"

25897.jpg

(aka: The STUD MAN)

bth_HBSmileyBalloonsSparkle.gif

To YOU

NOW - Remember to

birthday_07_text.gif

ALL OF THEM . . .

birthday-flasher.gif

s3weDS0.gif

SO I DID . . . :facepalm:

Just Sayin' . . . ;)

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I posted a question about the Insider leaking issue on their FB group and they replied very quickly via PM, giving me a detailed rundown of what could be causing the issue, complete with photos. Their customer service is absolutely outstanding, but I would expect nothing less from a high end modder. It appears that I failed to push the tips of the wicks into the juice channels, which is definitely user error on my part. I'll rewick the Insider tonight when I get home from work and see if the correct wicking resolves the issue.

As an aside, the Insider is a flavor chaser's dream. So far, I tried three different e-liquids in it (Phillip Rocke Grand Reserve Crème de la Crème, Five Pawns Nona and ANML Carnage) and it greatly enhanced the flavor of all three. I really don't see myself going back to using the Nautilus coils in my BB4.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
That could make all the difference.. I understand it uses a Kayfun like juice channel system and with it, the cotton ends needed to be down in the channel or I'd get dry hits and terrible feeding..

Edit to add: Found this. Go to 9:35 of the video

LongDraw

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Suburbs, IL
I posted a question about the Insider leaking issue on their FB group and they replied very quickly via PM, giving me a detailed rundown of what could be causing the issue, complete with photos. Their customer service is absolutely outstanding, but I would expect nothing less from a high end modder. It appears that I failed to push the tips of the wicks into the juice channels, which is definitely user error on my part. I'll rewick the Insider tonight when I get home from work and see if the correct wicking resolves the issue.

As an aside, the Insider is a flavor chaser's dream. So far, I tried three different e-liquids in it (Phillip Rocke Grand Reserve Crème de la Crème, Five Pawns Nona and ANML Carnage) and it greatly enhanced the flavor of all three. I really don't see myself going back to using the Nautilus coils in my BB4.

Would you be able to post their response and pics, or send in a message on ecf?

Just rewicked mine and this time to much wick, so rewicked again and seeing how this works.

Reactions: gnees

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
Would you be able to post their response and pics, or send in a message on ecf?

Just rewicked mine and this time to much wick, so rewicked again and seeing how this works.

No problem at all! I just rewicked the Insider according to the instructions given to me by Steam Tuners and proceeded to refill the Boro. Zero leaks!

1. please cut the cotton as i show you with the vertical lines(you dont need so much cotton )

2. then wick it, put on the chamber and try not to catch it in the threadings and not block the juice channels
After you have put on the chamber, lead your wick edges with a screwdriver over the juice channels and press it delicately on the them just to make sure that there is no space between your wick and the juice channels, not to totally block them.

3. then we have to place the Insider to boro and get a perfect seal (the insider must sit flush to boro base..)many users think that they fitted correclty the insider but they didnt actually..

4. if the boro oring is new always dont forget to lubricate a little the oring. by holding the boro with two fingers from one hand ,we place the insider. Without chimney again with our two finger one on top and other to the 510 pin under the boro and gently by moving back and forth the atty it will be placed to proper position!

Attachments

• IMG_1315.JPG
    IMG_1315.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1316.JPG
    IMG_1316.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 190

AlphaGuitarist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
New York City
I'm going to give the above a bid tomorrow. I'm not getting good flavor from mine. May be too little wicking.

I'd go as far as saying that the flavor I'm getting from the Insider is better than what I've gotten from any RTA I've used with other mods and better than my trusty Radius/Kabuki setup. Definitely try the Stram Tuners instructions I posted above, they work perfectly!

Mike Geaney

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Boston
I'd go as far as saying that the flavor I'm getting from the Insider is better than what I've gotten from any RTA I've used with other mods and better than my trusty Radius/Kabuki setup. Definitely try the Stram Tuners instructions I posted above, they work perfectly!

When you are doing this is the top absolutely flush with the tank? I'm not sure what my issue was. I suspect I was a little skimpy with the wicking as to width not length. I did seat the wick a little different, as to the instructions, onto the juice channels. My chimney is raised just a hair above the tank. I made sure to lube the bottom part and think I pressed it in good enough. I'll give it a bash and report back. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread