Status
Not open for further replies.

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
Hi folks. Anyone knows when koreavape will ship the new chi? Mine stands as "preparing for shipping" for the last 10 days or so... Got no reply to 3 mails asking for info... Any information will be very appreciated

Cheers,

I only know of the "mid October, early November" estimate posted on Style of Mojo FB page.

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
I only know of the "mid October, early November" estimate posted on Style of Mojo FB page.

Lots of ppl already got theirs. I knew that koreavape was going to honour their USA dealers before shipping themselves but the status of "preparing for shipping" is a little misleading because it seems to imply that they have it in stock. The fact that they don't answer emails is another ingredient that doesn't help in knowing what's going on. Oh well, it will arrive at my mailbox one day

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Well i got my 2013 Chi You this weekend and its awesome! I am not a fan of polished mods and i got bored and decided to give my Chi You that brushed/satin look.. The brass top cap arrived today to! I think it came out pretty good. All that i need to do now is the switch and i will be set!

The telescopic pin on the Chi really annoys me since nothing is reverse threaded. I spend minutes trying to adjust it perfectly so that the mod screws together perfectly without a gap ( as you can see i have one below ) because that little brass screw always likes to loosen up.

What i have decided to do is place a small spring ( going to cut one in half ) and place it inbetween the 2 screws, That way it puts force on the smaller screw and stops it from spinning and moving around over time. I will post pics once i am done.

2013-10-07 14.51.38.jpg

Last edited:

moresalt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2013
Tucson,Az
lol yah, except I got the wrong one. My S/N is 996 and I got the badge for 995. It's just a sticker on the back with the S/N and bar code. Guess someone has mine.

So have you registered your chi? If so how? I went to koreavape.com and there is only a verification, not an actual registration.???

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
Anybody ordered a new logo chi you from Korea vape 1.5 month ago and didn't yet receive it?

Also, anybody know a Korea vape email that they actually answer? I sent them 4 emails during the last 30 days using the same email from my order confirmation and they never replied...

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
So have you registered your chi? If so how? I went to koreavape.com and there is only a verification, not an actual registration.???

No, I haven't done anything to register it. They all just come with a badge of authenticity. I got the correct badge from and returned the 995 one to New Age Vapor.

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
I received my Chi-you and I have to say that I'm underwhelmed... Button is notchy and feels cheap, battery fits too loose and you have to unscrew the terminals to the limit. Polishing is not too impressive, the air control (if it has one) is too tight, and if it doesn't have one it should for the price

Everyone seems to want to sell theirs so I think I'm not alone with my impressions

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I'm sorry to hear that you don't like your Chi You. I really enjoy mine, but my biggest gripe is something that you mentioned - the airflow on the top cap sucks and I cannot use tank atomizers with airflow on the 510 connection. I've thought about boring the existing holes out a bit, but I know that I won't do a good job (and I really shouldn't have to given the price tag). I bought a flat top cap and I exclusively use atomizers with independent airflow on my Chi You.

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
I received my Chi-you and I have to say that I'm underwhelmed... Button is notchy and feels cheap, battery fits too loose and you have to unscrew the terminals to the limit. Polishing is not too impressive, the air control (if it has one) is too tight, and if it doesn't have one it should for the price

Everyone seems to want to sell theirs so I think I'm not alone with my impressions

obvious troll

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
Nope, I'm not a troll. I'm just giving my opinion and comparing the Chi with my other mods : GGs , GP paps, nemesis, king mod. All the others show more refinement and attention to detail than the chi (IMO of course)

Cheers

I stand corrected. Sorry, mate. Of course, it's all subjective. Just hard to imagine anyone feeling that way when the Chi You is, perhaps, one of the most well made mods available. The machining and finish are incredibly well done. I found it unlikely that any would escape their QA in the condition you described. Not liking design decisions is absolutely fair game, so I can see your crit about the air control.

Anyway, best to you. Hope you're able to sell it, or sort it out with Mojo.

cheers

tribe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Northern VA
I stand corrected. Sorry, mate. Of course, it's all subjective. Just hard to imagine anyone feeling that way when the Chi You is, perhaps, one of the most well made mods available. The machining and finish are incredibly well done. I found it unlikely that any would escape their QA in the condition you described. Not liking design decisions is absolutely fair game, so I can see your crit about the air control.

Anyway, best to you. Hope you're able to sell it, or sort it out with Mojo.

cheers

No need to excuse yourself bro. I came in too hard seeing it in hindsight. I will not sell it and maybe I will learn to love it in the future.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving to all !!

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008

Sorry to bump this oldish post, but I'm wondering if there are any updates or alternative views on these impressions of the Chi-You. I'm (heretofore) eagerly awaiting the arrival of the (supposedly) genuine CY I have on order and that is in transit. I ordered it after checking out several glowing reviews, most of which touted the airflow control as one of the best features. The CY will be my first--and, I was thinking, probably last--high-end mechanical mod. But after reading this comment, I'm worried I will be disappointed. Any thoughts appreciated.

I know this is a tacky question, but is there any possibility you got ripped off with a counterfeit passed off as the real deal? Or are people really having these concerns with Chi-Yous that are confirmed to be genuine?

gmypc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
GTA, ON
Sorry to bump this oldish post, but I'm wondering if there are any updates or alternative views on these impressions of the Chi-You. I'm (heretofore) eagerly awaiting the arrival of the (supposedly) genuine CY I have on order and that is in transit. I ordered it after checking out several glowing reviews, most of which touted the airflow control as one of the best features. The CY will be my first--and, I was thinking, probably last--high-end mechanical mod. But after reading this comment, I'm worried I will be disappointed. Any thoughts appreciated.

I know this is a tacky question, but is there any possibility you got ripped off with a counterfeit passed off as the real deal? Or are people really having these concerns with Chi-Yous that are confirmed to be genuine?

Have both - an early (3xx) brass and a later (2xxx) stainless steel.

Pros
1) good/nice/clean design
2) switch is very nice
3) good adjustable pins

Cons (personal opinion)
1) I think quality control went down from the first runs. My SS version's switch is 'notchy' compared to the brass. Brass had a gouge and lock ring frozen. (Seen a few similar complaints on FB)
2) hard to get service/parts
3) threading and size not the standard 20x1

I love both and they get a lot of use. I don't think you can go wrong with your choice considering it's too late already :)

cheers

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I realize that I am about to be beaten, but I'd like to chime in with the clone. The clone (at least one that I have) has some outstanding quality. Threads are smooth, polish is great. Engravings were ok-ish, but I had an issue with having original logo on a fake, so I polished them off.
Button is great. I did end up adjusting it to reduce the throw to just under 1mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread