Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Hey guys,

I've got a Caravela clone from EHPRO, it's the non-telescopic 18350 model. I've been reading around the forums and it appears there are several different caravela clones. Some made by a different manufacturer, and apparently there are several versions from EHPRO too.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 18650 (or even 18500) tube for my clonavela (has that been used before? I like it) and have had zero luck. Plus I'm not sure if there is any sort of compatibility between different models.

Since there are several version (I think) of this model I'll try to describe mine as much as possible. The tube is brushed/satin stainless, not the mirror polished finish I've seen on some. The top cap is flat, and does not have the silly ego threading like other caravela clones. There is a fake serial number "DHX016" on the brass colored ring above the switch. There is an adjustable center pin (with several different sizes included in the box, along with different strength springs to tune the switch) Hopefully that will narrow it down.

So anyone know of an 18650 or 18500 tube for this? I love the small size of the 18350 form factor, but I don't like the amp limitations of the 18350.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited:

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
Hey guys,

I've got a Caravela clone from EHPRO, it's the non-telescopic 18350 model. I've been reading around the forums and it appears there are several different caravela clones. Some made by a different manufacturer, and apparently there are several versions from EHPRO too.

Anyway, I'm looking for an 18650 (or even 18500) tube for my clonavela (has that been used before? I like it) and have had zero luck. Plus I'm not sure if there is any sort of compatibility between different models.

Since there are several version (I think) of this model I'll try to describe mine as much as possible. The tube is brushed/satin stainless, not the mirror polished finish I've seen on some. The top cap is flat, and does not have the silly ego threading like other caravela clones. There is a fake serial number "DHX016" on the brass colored ring above the switch. There is an adjustable center pin (with several different sizes included in the box, along with different strength springs to tune the switch) Hopefully that will narrow it down.

So anyone know of an 18650 or 18500 tube for this? I love the small size of the 18350 form factor, but I don't like the amp limitations of the 18350.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I am interested on getting one too and may I know where did you buy it ? Thanks..

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I am interested on getting one too and may I know where did you buy it ? Thanks..

I got mine locally here in Portland, OR. I paid a little over $100 for it, I know it's probably cheaper online somewhere, but I was VERY impressed with the build quality, there were Poldiacs and Nemesi (plural for nemesis?) there as well, and honestly this was pretty damn close to being as nice as those in my opinion. It was well worth the money to me, this thing works perfect out of the box and is just built beautifully. The button is a little wobbly but I don't notice it unless I try to stand it up without locking the button. It's light years ahead of any of the segelei mechs I've seen, in both performance and build quality. I have an AGI sitting on top of it right now and the two look like they were made for each other.

If you see them for sale online anywhere let me know, I might pick up another one if I can get it cheaper than I can locally. I really wish I could get an 18650 tube though.

DkGanz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Los Alamitos, CA, USA
I got mine locally here in Portland, OR. I paid a little over $100 for it, I know it's probably cheaper online somewhere, but I was VERY impressed with the build quality, there were Poldiacs and Nemesi (plural for nemesis?) there as well, and honestly this was pretty damn close to being as nice as those in my opinion. It was well worth the money to me, this thing works perfect out of the box and is just built beautifully. The button is a little wobbly but I don't notice it unless I try to stand it up without locking the button. It's light years ahead of any of the segelei mechs I've seen, in both performance and build quality. I have an AGI sitting on top of it right now and the two look like they were made for each other.

If you see them for sale online anywhere let me know, I might pick up another one if I can get it cheaper than I can locally. I really wish I could get an 18650 tube though.
image.jpg
You're right about the AGI. Looks sweet!!!

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I think I saw some on vaportek when I was browsing around for sigelei parts. You might look there.

I checked out vaportek and they only have stuff for the segelei, I'm not sure if the two are compatible, anyone know?

DKganz, nice looking setup indeed! I've been switching between genny and dripper mode quite frequently, I think I might need to pick up another AGI so I can always have one in dripper mode and the other in genny mode. Although maybe the IGO W is similar looking enough that I could just get one of those.

BTW, for anyone with an AGI and leaks in dripper mode, take those little plug things that Boge sends in their carto's 510 connection, cut down the flat part, and then shove it inside the holes. This plugs those holes up juice-tight, I've had zero leaking since doing this.

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I just used a triangular shaped file (I'm sure there is some technical name) and filed a v shaped groove through the Delrin insert and into the brass about 3-4mm or so. When the batt sits on top of the delrin this leaves a little gap that airflow can go through. The threads are fine, if there are any little burrs or anything you can use a metal brush to clean it up. I also shimmed the switch with an o-ring to reduce the travel (got the idea from Todd's review)

I'm going to shoot off an email to LiteCig so they know there are more people interested in larger tubes. Unfortunately I can't get involved with coops being unverified (and verification methods are unacceptable to me) so I'll have to hope some vendor gets them in. Thanks for the headsup on litecig!

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh
Yeah I saw Todds review and fix for that, I'll be doin' the same just been lazy. Good to know what file to use.. V shaped rat tail as I used to call em'.. Prolly get that and the brush at the hardware store for under $3.. Thanks for the info! I'll post a review of the tubes here sometime around the 15th of next month.. Long wait on this one...

-CF

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh
I just used a triangular shaped file (I'm sure there is some technical name) and filed a v shaped groove through the Delrin insert and into the brass about 3-4mm or so. When the batt sits on top of the delrin this leaves a little gap that airflow can go through. The threads are fine, if there are any little burrs or anything you can use a metal brush to clean it up. I also shimmed the switch with an o-ring to reduce the travel (got the idea from Todd's review)

I'm going to shoot off an email to LiteCig so they know there are more people interested in larger tubes. Unfortunately I can't get involved with coops being unverified (and verification methods are unacceptable to me) so I'll have to hope some vendor gets them in. Thanks for the headsup on litecig!

I just finished adding two slots to my switch. Your method with the v shape file works perfectly, didn't need to brush, just wipe clean and it threads as if nothing happened. Airflow is much improved with a battery inside... And now I can say this thing is solid brass. :D I have an o-ring in there now too, but I think a super thin washer would work better.. Going to use that file to make one.

-CF

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Yeah I was curious if the colored bits were actually solid brass or just some type of plating. After that notch it was apparent it was solid brass. Plus the brass is starting to tarnish on mine, I can't wait till it gets even darker, I really like the brass patina.

I also refinished my AGI, so it has a brushed stainless look instead of the stock polished stainless. It matches the caravela clone even better now, seeing as the tube is brushed on the mod. Did this to my IgoW as well and it matches my avenger v3's brushed look.

I wish more of the china rbas would have the brushed finish instead of that gaudy polished look (no offense to those that like it ;) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread