The Chi-You APV - From Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdell

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2008
Have both - an early (3xx) brass and a later (2xxx) stainless steel.

Pros
1) good/nice/clean design
2) switch is very nice
3) good adjustable pins

Cons (personal opinion)
1) I think quality control went down from the first runs. My SS version's switch is 'notchy' compared to the brass. Brass had a gouge and lock ring frozen. (Seen a few similar complaints on FB)
2) hard to get service/parts
3) threading and size not the standard 20x1

I love both and they get a lot of use. I don't think you can go wrong with your choice considering it's too late already :)

cheers

Belated thanks for your response! I have now had my Chi-You for a few days, and overall I am very happy with it and enjoying it. I do have a couple or three minor gripes that somewhat echo yours. I see what you mean about the airflow control--if there is a way to adjust it, I cannot figure it out. Not a big deal so far since I don't use a Genny and I probably prefer having it fully open anyway; though I was wanting to experiment with closing it off some to see if I liked that better but was unable to do so. The locking ring is sometimes difficult to twist to the locked position without also unscrewing the end cap completely. My switch seems to work well and smoothly, but I have learned that if I try to adjust the top pin so that it is tight enough to eliminate all jiggle in the battery, the switch gets stuck so that it is constantly firing. The same thing has happened when I screwed my tank/atty on too tightly. That is probably my most serious gripe as it is not only annoying but also a possible safety hazard.

floridaBMW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
S. Florida
In the world of battery mods IMO the Chi is one of the most handsome. The button on both my SS and brass r tops and the polish of the tubes is perfection. I have grown to prefer the 23 mil diameter, it looks better coupled with 22 mm or less atties..to me of course. They feel substantial and with the stealth top caps they r gorgeous. I love them over my other higher end batt mods and they will stay in my collection. I always have them displayed in my stand, just lovely.

Ken

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
I realize that I am about to be beaten, but I'd like to chime in with the clone. The clone (at least one that I have) has some outstanding quality. Threads are smooth, polish is great. Engravings were ok-ish, but I had an issue with having original logo on a fake, so I polished them off.
Button is great. I did end up adjusting it to reduce the throw to just under 1mm.

i had the original for awhile, and when i got ahold of the hcigar clone, it was actually a bit better quality so i sold my original on ebay and ought another clone and used the rest of the money for xmas. funny thing is, i couldnt tell the difference between the original and the clone......LOL...

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I was - before I decided I do not like the firing method discussing the "Korean Clone" with these gents. I KNOW -"it's e-bay" and that turns off a lot of folks; yet, with enough research I was satisfied these fellows are honest. Jus my opinion of course.

New Chi You Korean Mod Brass Clone Battery Charger Case iGo L Atomizer | eBay -- Case, charger and other goodies.

Chi You by Mojo Clone Brass Free Shipping USA 100 Sold Hcigar 1 1 | eBay

Maybe yes - maybe no ....... worth the time to search and REsearch IMHO.

Senile Old Man Don

CaliGrower

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
norcal
hey i like ebay!...ive bought alot of good vape gear of of there, most of it CLONES!.....

kinda screwed to get ahold of some of these clones and find that the quality is as good or better than the original "high end designer" mods and literally a FRACTION of the price.

i like having nice vape gear no matter whos "logo" is on it, but like ive mentioned before.

doesnt matter if you pay $5 or $500 for one of these things, in the end, they all do the exact same thing.

Richard75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Has anyone faced this issue where you have to press at a certain location on the switch to get it firing properly? if its not pressed correctly it will either not fire or just fire a little and the button gets warm.
Already tried cleaning the whole mod.

Mine fires perfectly no matter where I press the button...

Have you polished the contacts? Not just cleaned, but removed any oxidation?

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
the chi is my favorite mod....
HCOJLjz.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread