The Epiphany...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
I'll work it out. I'm still impressed with it overall.
I got it because the design is different than all the mass produced tanks.
I didn't expect all the drama, but I did expect a better flavor experience, and it delivered.

I did think I was gonna die when I hit it at 75 watts. That was stoopid carelessness. Hahaha!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
With the Gem, the wicking is the key. You also have to be careful when mounting the coil. I agree that it is a bit of a PITA as far as dry burning and re-wicking goes. It's one of those atty's that you had better make sure you have it right with the build and flavor choice. The pay off being stellar performance when you do.

t5FYENh.jpg

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Hmmmm....

Again, I'm in learning mode...
This is 6 nic Strawnilla, so I am already high LOL
But to my taste buds, it tastes the same in the Alliance (I know, it's not a Nuppin ;) ) as it does in the Herakles. *shrug*
I am not sure if I should put the air holes in front of the coils, or perpendicular. I'm using the smallest vent tube, and the smallest drip dip.
My gut feeling is in front. I am also not sure how to properly draw on this. Fast? Slow?

But I have to stop and go lay down. LOL

26g, .4ohm, 48 Watts for 4.3 volts.

Photo-Jul-17-8-03-02-PM_zpsiwxgnnyo.jpg

Excellent build! Your experience as a jeweler is certainly shining through. The wicking looks about right to me. Prefer to do sort of an oval wick to where the wicking lays on the deck and each end meets in the middle myself with the air gap under the coil being the key.
GYVOWLz.jpg

dwroblewski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2014
Omaha, NE
Finally got my SX Mini dialed in with Strawnilla... now it's the best setup I've had. Even better than my REO. I never thought I'd say that! It wasn't with the Herkales though... it was a twisted 30 gauge nickel build on my Kayfun at 425 degrees and 30 joules. Yum!
5886c97224c43402bd13cc73fafd47af.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I can't believe how much different Strawnilla tastes in the Herakles... I'll keep tweaking, but so far, it tastes much better in the REO/Nuppin'. At least for me...

There was a reason I dove in on the tanks before I did the bottom feeder. I hate to say it, but I am there... I am just sick of building coils... when I leave the house, I tank a tank. I like the Herakles myself, but the Arctic is super nice too (and, it has adjustable airflow on the drip tip which is pretty cool!). The Nautilus Mini is more of a atomizer that should reside on an istick 30w or less - it's not my personal favorite tank, but I stock it because the tootle puffers like it. ;) Katy LOVES hers - but - different strokes for different folks. Coils will be up on the site ASAP by the way - I just had a discussion with our source yesterday - we may even have them up by day end.

We also compiled a laundry list of hardware buys - you guys are going to be impressed with what I selected (best of breed product) - and - the pricing! I don't expect to make stupid margins on hardware so I am keep it 100!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Finally got my SX Mini dialed in with Strawnilla... now it's the best setup I've had. Even better than my REO. I never thought I'd say that! It wasn't with the Herkales though... it was a twisted 30 gauge nickel build on my Kayfun at 425 degrees and 30 joules. Yum!
5886c97224c43402bd13cc73fafd47af.jpg

So many great devices! That's gorgeous!@~

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
There was a reason I dove in on the tanks before I did the bottom feeder. I hate to say it, but I am there... I am just sick of building coils... when I leave the house, I tank a tank. I like the Herakles myself, but the Arctic is super nice too (and, it has adjustable airflow on the drip tip which is pretty cool!). The Nautilus Mini is more of a atomizer that should reside on an istick 30w or less - it's not my personal favorite tank, but I stock it because the tootle puffers like it. ;) Katy LOVES hers - but - different strokes for different folks. Coils will be up on the site ASAP by the way - I just had a discussion with our source yesterday - we may even have them up by day end.

We also compiled a laundry list of hardware buys - you guys are going to be impressed with what I selected (best of breed product) - and - the pricing! I don't expect to make stupid margins on hardware so I am keep it 100!

Have to say I agree with you, the Herakles is a stellar unit for load and go. Running the "Hydra" in TC and am quite impressed with the flavor and production.

Herkales.jpg

Bitter Jeweler

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Excellent build! Your experience as a jeweler is certainly shining through. The wicking looks about right to me. Prefer to do sort of an oval wick to where the wicking lays on the deck and each end meets in the middle myself with the air gap under the coil being the key.
GYVOWLz.jpg
Just curious, what is the benefit of doing that. Also, I read in another post, that it's good to put the coils as close to the air holes as possible. What's your opinion on that? I tried to keep them a little further away, to avoid heating up the atty. But taking that thought, and looking at the GEM, is there some logic for great flavor, to remove the vapor from the coil as quickly as possible?

Smokeycracker

Jul 27, 2015
Have to say I agree with you, the Herakles is a stellar unit for load and go. Running the "Hydra" in TC and am quite impressed with the flavor and production.

View attachment 474379
What is the mod there in you pic, I have googled "pocket" and can't seem to find anything about it but would love to know more

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
What is the mod there in you pic, I have googled "pocket" and can't seem to find anything about it but would love to know more

Your google-fu needs charging I think, googling 'box mod pocket with big a** lcd' came up with 'Project Sub-Ohm "Pocket" Box Mod' on the first hit.
I think I'm not allowed to post links to a webshop or something similar, so google project sub-ohm pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread