Help choosing flavor tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradinpenn

Apr 28, 2015
I'm kinda old school.. I use an ipv 4s at about 60 watts. My go to tank is the first herakles with the .6 coils. Last year I bought the steam engine and the crown. Both made great clouds but to me the flavor wasn't even close to the herakles. I'm looking to get a newer box mod or two and need help picking a good flavor tank that I can vape around 60 watts.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
Tank wise I hear the smok spirals tank is great for flavor. Of course everything is subjective which I have learned myself vaping wise. I am moving away from the smok big baby beast to the veco tank due to coil issues with smok stuff, however, the veco tank is also very well rated for flavor, with both the cotton and ceramic coils.

Both tanks don't require high power to use and enjoy. Def consider these in your research.

Reactions: Bradinpenn

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
I'm kinda old school.. I use an ipv 4s at about 60 watts. My go to tank is the first herakles with the .6 coils. Last year I bought the steam engine and the crown. Both made great clouds but to me the flavor wasn't even close to the herakles. I'm looking to get a newer box mod or two and need help picking a good flavor tank that I can vape around 60 watts.
Smok alien kit. comes with the baby beast
other pretty good low watt tanks are the freemax starre pure and the aspire clieto.
other good not to pricey mods are the battlestar

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
My big baby beast that came with the v8 stick, burns through coils in 2 to 3 days, only 1 to 1.5 tanks a day. It's a deal breaker for me and others report the same issue. Not all but some. I am a very light vape person and it just does not make sense. I hear people say they get weeks out of coil, I would love to know how. My only assumption is that the battery with the v8 kit maxes out the coil and burns them out prematurely. This is just a theory I have, no proof. I just ordered a veco one kit to hold me over till I can get my hands on a veco plus tank that I will pair with a separate mod.

Oh I almost forget, I also ordered today a tobeco super mini tank as a back up as it uses all the atlantis coils AND the coils that work with the veco tank when paired with the coil shell they sell.

So to the OP with regards to the baby beast or big baby beast, be warned that not everyone gets crazy long coil life and the coils can be costly depending on where you get them.

Flavor is good though with many of the different coils, other than the Q2 which I did not like at all.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
A coil is only as good as how it is used and that includes properly priming it and breaking it in along with firing it at too high a wattage. I have burned a coil in my Nautilus Mini that I just installed because I forgot to turn the wattage down after using a different tank at higher wattage. Switching from a TC tank to a Kanthal many of my MOD's switch automatically but not all.

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
^^ True, but for my comment it already takes into account proper priming and break in along with a battery (unregulated) that is designed to work perfectly with the tank and coils it uses.

However, I generally agree with your comments for new vape peeps especially with making sure the wattage is set for the current coil being used.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
^^ True, but for my comment it already takes into account proper priming and break in along with a battery (unregulated) that is designed to work perfectly with the tank and coils it uses.

However, I generally agree with your comments for new vape peeps especially with making sure the wattage is set for the current coil being used.

You say it takes it into account but I would have to assume that. My statement was my own personal observations and one persons idea of a proper prime is not what someone else might deem proper.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
Best tank for flavor is the Crown and Crown II by a landslide. The flavor can not be matched. But the price you pay is coils burn fast.

I tried the Smok Spirls tank and it's pretty much the exact same flavor as all there new tanks and it only has 2ml capacity. That's annoying

I have the 22mm Tobeco Sub Ohm Super Tank coming in with a 4.5 ml capacity. I have been hearing great things, we shall see how it is.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Steve: noted lol

Ray: the spirals tank also comes in a larger version, it's on smoks website. Also I have a tebeco super mini on the way as well. Read so many good things and it takes atlantis coils and can also use the veco tank coils with adapter. A lot of options to use with this tank. Can't wait to get it.

The Super tank is one of those below the radar tanks with great performance and flexibility at a great price. I'm using one of those EUC ceramic coils right now in a sleeve and it's a good clean vape with excellent flavor. The best part of the tank is the wide variety of coils that are compatible.

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
My luck I got sent defective tank. My Cartel Revenant mod won't fire it. Says check atomizer. The SSX Mini reads atomizer error. But my Pico fires it fine. So the 2 mods that cost between 150-190 won't fire the tank, but the mod that cost me 24 dollars fires it. I'm going to contact Vapor DNA and tell them. Not only that but opening this tank up to get to coil is like a Chinese puzzle box that needs tools. The 1st experience with this tank has been nothing but God awful. It left such a bad taste in my mouth I want no part of it. I went to Good Guy Vapes and bought the SS TFV8. Got a few different coil options and got to say it's awesome with the Cartel Revenant mod. Figures! At least I didn't spend a lot on the Super ....ty Crap Tank. Hope you guys have a much better experience than me.

Last edited:

kero

Oct 4, 2016
LI, NY
^^ Wow that is crazy, haven't read about those issues on the many reviews I read. I did read that you might need the tool to get the base off to screw in the coil, that is about it.

Totally sux, sorry to hear, once I get mine I will fiddle with it a bit and let you know my thoughts.

Honestly, that is why I loved the triton 2 tank I had. Never leaked EVER! Took Atlantis coils and with the .5ohm Clapton, flavor was superb.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
They send it from the factory cranked down way too tight. That's why you need to shove that Allen key through the air slots to unscrew it. Once that's done, I've never had a need for that approach again with just hand tightening everything back together. I did have a problem with one coil failing to make a solid contact and got the no atomizer thing. Hasn't happened since. I do screw the coil down quite tight to assure a proper connection but only finger tight. As you may be using coils from multiple manufacturers there's always the likelihood one might be a fraction of whatever different in length to make contact to the 510 pin. With a tight screw in I haven't had any issues.

@RayRay69 , Vapor DNA is a solid vendor. I'm sure they'll do right for you.

Reactions: kero

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
They send it from the factory cranked down way too tight. That's why you need to shove that Allen key through the air slots to unscrew it. Once that's done, I've never had a need for that approach again with just hand tightening everything back together. I did have a problem with one coil failing to make a solid contact and got the no atomizer thing. Hasn't happened since. I do screw the coil down quite tight to assure a proper connection but only finger tight. As you may be using coils from multiple manufacturers there's always the likelihood one might be a fraction of whatever different in length to make contact to the 510 pin. With a tight screw in I haven't had any issues.

@RayRay69 , Vapor DNA is a solid vendor. I'm sure they'll do right for you.

I had an issue while ago with the first gen Crown tank I had where some coils wouldn't fire. It was such a giant waste of money when I was throwing out 1 or 2 in every 4. I never want to go through that again. So going through what I went through you could imagine my frustration with this tank. It almost ended up in my wall few times. Lol!

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I had an issue while ago with the first gen Crown tank I had where some coils wouldn't fire. It was such a giant waste of money when I was throwing out 1 or 2 in every 4. I never want to go through that again. So going through what I went through you could imagine my frustration with this tank. It almost ended up in my wall few times. Lol!

Oh, believe me, I get it. That kind of stuff makes me nuts too. Sometimes if I stick with it I get it figured out and fixed. Sometimes I don't and have the wall dents to prove it.

Like everything in this vaping world, QC in not always what it should be. The nice thing about ordering from somewhere like Vapor DNA is when crap like this happens, they'll address it and not simply shrug like other vendors do (you REALLY need to see a video of the juice pouring out the bottom?). I hope you get it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread