The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was vape mall that had a recent blog post saying anything from FT wasn't authentic. Really? Are we going thru that again?

Yes, we are.

I got an eVic VTC Mini from them. It's definitely authentic, although the serial number has been filed off. However, I own two other stateside-purchased VTCs, and this is definitely the same build, material, and everything else. If they're fakes, they're faked so well that they're literally exactly like the authentic. Which would rather defeat the purpose of faking it.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
That topic has been so hashed over that I couldn't believe a store would attempt that again. FT or any china vender is not for everyone, and they are not an evil competitor either. If anything they get people to try new things, which in the end pull people into stores. I just couldn't believe that was still around. Now there are stateside stores that are not upfront about selling clones ...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Have to agree, FT has the best selection Great customer Service & there forums are a bonus.
For me though with out E-Packet shipping they will be dead in the water :(
My first 3F order has all ready left china :) it tracks perfectly with Canada Post.
FT need to get E-Packet Shipping Back!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Well, I'll ad my experiences with FT..... they don't list my first purchase from them, a Vamo V3 back when it was new.. probably about 2 years ago. since then, I've spent hundreds of dollars to them through $50 increments... I've had only about 3 RMA's, one was a missing chimney from the Protank II, another was from an overly leaky Squape-R.. for the first, they sent me a replacement tank, and I kept the old one. For the squape-R, they had me ship it to their Florida warehouse (?) and they sent me a different version as per my request. There was another insident where they shipped me an extra drip tip, and another where they shipped me a second Kayfun lite... Yes, I was honest enough to buy the second Kayfun.

Their customer service has been fairly prompt considering they are on the other side of the planet, and on opposite times. Their shipment dates are somewhat accurate, but they have been known to go over their estimated "arrives in" dates, but so far, not much longer than 3 days. when it goes over, they split the shipment and ship what they have so far, and will ship the remaining stuff as they get them.

Considering where they're at, I have no problems with them and think they're one of the better overseas companies I've worked with.

Another competitor, I ordered during one of their "group buys"... it took over a month for it to ship, and was not provided a shipping number. It did arrive about the same time, but if I had to go somewhere, I didn't have any way to guess when it would come in.... Currently I have another shipment waiting from another company.. I bought some batteries that were on sale.. the website said they had 200 of them left.. but when the 7 days shipment time came.. they didn't have the batteries... they just issued a store credit.. which took another 7 days to get back to their account. I won't be buying anything from them in the future.

So, from what I've encountered from other companies, fasttech has consistantly delivered, and has been straight forward in what they sell. Just keep in mind, they are a reseller,and sell both junk and good stuff. read the reviews.. they don't withhold any unless they mention a competitor..they'll even post messages with people making fun of the product... to me, that is crystal clear and no censorship. IF they know it's a clone, they will say "like" on the description... if it's authentic, they will post authentic. They seem as honest as any shop owner can be.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The more I work with Fasttech; the more I like them.

Every thing I ordered has arrived. I got Kayfuns, Goblin Mini, Silverplay Nano, Bell caps, wire, O rings and screws to keep my attys operational for years.

But something happened today that turned me into a customer as long as I can use them.

Today I was buying some Kayfun bases, chimneys, spare GMini base, and GMini bell caps, etc. After I placed the order I went back over the order and realized I had bought the regular Kayfun chimney instead of the Nano chimney.

I canceled that item explained I had bought the wrong chimney then went and bought the correct chimney.

Within a few hours Fasttech had refunded the money for the chimneys to my Pay Pal account. I have 10 times as much problems with businesses two blocks away. Around here businesses adhere to the Ferengi first rule of acquisition "Once you have their money you never give it back

Just wasted to share that Fasttech pleasantly surprised me today.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
@Two_Bears Yes best HK-based webshop i've ever ordered stuff from. You can also cancel your order and the money will immediately become a gift certificate that you can use with your next order.
Heads up. There's a pinned post on FT that their bank will no longer allow GC for refunds due to "fraud". This does NOT apply to paypal purchases.

I've had trouble with paypal accepting my cc when there's nothing wrong with it. No restricted items. It went through fine used on FT directly so I didn't worry about it.

IMO I think we are going to discover more restricted items and some manufacturer has complained that FT is using GC to get around restrictions.

It pisses me off that cc's and banks can tell me what I can buy. I've been trying to explain this chokehold with the possible upcoming vapeapoclypse for awhile now. I've seen politically incorrect industries collapse due to banks and payment restrictions before. They have way to much power.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Heads up. There's a pinned post on FT that their bank will no longer allow GC for refunds due to "fraud". This does NOT apply to paypal purchases.

I've had trouble with paypal accepting my cc when there's nothing wrong with it. No restricted items. It went through fine used on FT directly so I didn't worry about it.

IMO I think we are going to discover more restricted items and some manufacturer has complained that FT is using GC to get around restrictions.

It pisses me off that cc's and banks can tell me what I can buy. I've been trying to explain this chokehold with the possible upcoming vapeapoclypse for awhile now. I've seen politically incorrect industries collapse due to banks and payment restrictions before. They have way to much power.

You are right. The Govt, banks, the KGB I mean the IRS and EPA have way too much power.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
They don't have a shipping calendar on their website for the New Year do they? I am thinking about placing an order today but unlike other Chinese vendors they don't list a shipping time? Is it safe to assume that if the product is showing in stock that it will be shipped out prior to the holiday?

Reactions: aikanae1

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
They don't have a shipping calendar on their website for the New Year do they? I am thinking about placing an order today but unlike other Chinese vendors they don't list a shipping time? Is it safe to assume that if the product is showing in stock that it will be shipped out prior to the holiday?
Nothing is safe to assume with Fasttech but if you placed an order today, it SHOULD ship out by mid-late this week if everything is in stock.

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
If you go to Community/Customer Forums, their schedule is the first item.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have been buying things from FT for the last 2 years. At this point, they are about the only place that I buy from. Their shipping has always been good until they lost epacket. At least that is how it is in Canada. Up to a year ago, I lived in Texas and most orders took 3 weeks at worst (unless it was batteries). When I moved back to Canada, it dropped to about 2 weeks as long as I used epacket. Now it is taking at least a month to get anything from them. Most are taking about 45 days to get to me. A lot of this is time spent in Canada which I can't figure out. Worst thing is that we have lost the ability to track thru Canada Post so once it hits Canada, we have no idea when it is coming. Everyone blames FT but they seem to get most orders out in a reasonable time.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Where is everybody?

I assume ya'll are still ordering from FT, right?

New arrival: Hot Dog flavored e-liquid! Get it while it's hot!

Hell, I'll try it.

I've been meaning to put in an order (first one) for a while now for small things. Drip tips (by far the most marked up products), spare glass for tanks, some coils... I'll throw this in also post a video lol

Sent from my 300w VW/VV TC Ni200 SS A1 .2 Ohm Dual ZZ Top Fused Caterpillar Dylan Springsteen coils... Or an iPhone.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Hell, I'll try it.

I've been meaning to put in an order (first one) for a while now for small things. Drip tips (by far the most marked up products), spare glass for tanks, some coils... I'll throw this in also post a video lol

Sent from my 300w VW/VV TC Ni200 SS A1 .2 Ohm Dual ZZ Top Fused Caterpillar Dylan Springsteen coils... Or an iPhone.
I recently placed a $70 order and the most expensive thing on the order was a $6 Kanger RBA. Basically $70 worth of o-rings and tanks.

Might as well stock up on crap that I will actually need/use.;)

The 10% code was helpful as well..

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Got my 2 hurricanes from fasttech today :)
    F1pBCKH.jpg

Ordered on the 14th, so took 12 days using express epacket, not bad at all :)

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Houston, TX
    The only thing I found that I don't like about ft is most of the items I want are always 7 days to ship. Lol not sure how that happens. For some reason the shipping is slow. I placed an order with 3f after I placed and order with ft. The ft order did ship the next day (screws) and still got the 3f order first. I know it is all shipping I just find it interesting.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

aikanae1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 2, 2013
    az
    My 3f and ft are close. I like the tracking with 3f but I still use ft reviews. That doesn't seem fair. Oh well. FT doesn't pay for reviews either.

That really sux with Canada. I thought they'd pay more attention to UK's health reports. The UK has been throwing out up to 3/4 of US medical studies for conflict of interest for at least a decade now.
    I grew up near the border and always felt more canadian than us. My interest remains.

Reactions: BuddJohnson

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I have been buying things from FT for the last 2 years. At this point, they are about the only place that I buy from. Their shipping has always been good until they lost epacket. At least that is how it is in Canada. Up to a year ago, I lived in Texas and most orders took 3 weeks at worst (unless it was batteries). When I moved back to Canada, it dropped to about 2 weeks as long as I used epacket. Now it is taking at least a month to get anything from them. Most are taking about 45 days to get to me. A lot of this is time spent in Canada which I can't figure out. Worst thing is that we have lost the ability to track thru Canada Post so once it hits Canada, we have no idea when it is coming. Everyone blames FT but they seem to get most orders out in a reasonable time.
    I paid the $3 upgrade for e-Express shipping. That order was placed a day before my second non-e-Express order. I will report back when each arrives. Orders were placed early last week.

Oh, I am just east of Toronto....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread