The FastTech Thread for All FastTech Posts (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I had 25 glass replacement tanks arrive today and I think ONE might have a tiny chip out of it. Can't find the chip but there was a tiny shard of glass in the packaging.

Pretty amazing. I have has a bunch of different shipments arrive containing replacement glasses and have only recieved one broken thus far.

Edit: I am averaging 2-3 weeks from order to receipt in Canada provided nothing is backordered. Not too bad.
I got lucky on my glass order too.All together i got 40 replacement glass to cover the different tanks me and my son have,and out of those 40,only 1 had a very small chip right at the edge,not even big enough to worry about,i only noticed it because the way the light hit it while i was checking them all.Talk about a boring task,going over 40 pieces of glass tube is extremely boring haha.
About a year or so ago,i did get an order with 4 out 5 tanks all having big chips out of them due to very poor packaging at the time,all 5 were stacked end to end on each other and wrapped in paper haha.They were super fast to get replacements to me on those though,and this last order,i see they finally wrap them in bubble wrap,and don't stack end on end anymore,so they are learning haha.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I just went to place an order and fast tech wouldn't accept PayPal or credit card because of tobacco products in my cart. I only had replacement parts for my nautis. Is this the beginning of the FDA crap ruining the fast tech sales? Anyone know?
No CC or PayPal for Aspire products. Not tobacco products, products they aren't authorized to sell. If it is authentic Aspire, Bitcoin or a gift certificate only.

The GC is easy. Just buy something for the same value using PayPal, cancel immediately and use the funds from the GC to pay. The GC shows up immediately.

I do it all the time for Nautilus coils.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've caught a few webinars/podcasts going over some of these regulations. Theres a lot that consumers don't see. The one today talked about postal codes for imports. Huh? I guess there are new ones to cover vape products that pkgs must have. Dimitri made a comment about hearing a few pkgs delayed, but no seizures. I don't know more than the average person, just trying to figure it out.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've caught a few webinars/podcasts going over some of these regulations. Theres a lot that consumers don't see. The one today talked about postal codes for imports. Huh? I guess there are new ones to cover vape products that pkgs must have. Dimitri made a comment about hearing a few pkgs delayed, but no seizures. I don't know more than the average person, just trying to figure it out.

One of the other Chinese suppliers posted a screen shot the other day of tracking updates for a package they sent out.It showed that customs is forwarding some packages to the Fda for approval,but they cleared it and sent it on it's way.I would say for now,they are ok with sending it on as long as it was out before 8/8,so i think we are still ok at least for a little while longer.

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
One of the other Chinese suppliers posted a screen shot the other day of tracking updates for a package they sent out.It showed that customs is forwarding some packages to the Fda for approval,but they cleared it and sent it on it's way.I would say for now,they are ok with sending it on as long as it was out before 8/8,so i think we are still ok at least for a little while longer.
I think the next big date is Jan for manufacturers to register. "Anyone" importing becomes a manufacturer or distributor. There's a lot of people thinking we can order overseas forever. We shall see.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I think the next big date is Jan for manufacturers to register. "Anyone" importing becomes a manufacturer or distributor. There's a lot of people thinking we can order overseas forever. We shall see.

Yeah,i remember seeing that,although i had forgotten about it.I believe Dec. 31 is the deadline.Some may still get through after that,but i wouldn't want to get caught trying.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada

Plain shipping envelopes shipped thru Singapore, Netherlands, Sweden, etc containing $20 worth of "electronic components" or "steel tubes" and not marked with any logos will likely not raise much customs suspicion. They may intercept the odd one, but I don't think Fasttech will be a target for vaping gear. There are lots of Fasttech's in China and FT sells a ton of other products.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Plain shipping envelopes shipped thru Singapore, Netherlands, Sweden, etc containing $20 worth of "electronic components" or "steel tubes" and not marked with any logos will likely not raise much customs suspicion. They may intercept the odd one, but I don't think Fasttech will be a target for vaping gear. There are lots of Fasttech's in China and FT sells a ton of other products.
Legally they have to use a code for vaping that didn't exist a month ago. It's new. Before, most of our gear was considered "electronic components". I don't think any pkg is accepted without declaration. I bet they are scanned as well. There's a lot going on in the background that consumers don't see.

The folks we are up against have learned a lot from their 30 yr war on drugs. They maybe arrogant, but they aren't stupid. They've had yrs to write these regulations.

I'm just trying to piece together how regs will affect us before they do.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Legally they have to use a code for vaping that didn't exist a month ago. It's new. Before, most of our gear was considered "electronic components". I don't think any pkg is accepted without declaration. I bet they are scanned as well. There's a lot going on in the background that consumers don't see.

The folks we are up against have learned a lot from their 30 yr war on drugs. They maybe arrogant, but they aren't stupid. They've had yrs to write these regulations.

I'm just trying to piece together how regs will affect us before they do.

So if I order a drone, a flashlight, Pokemon toys and a mod on the same FT order, the U.S. govt will know that there is an ecig component to the order just by a quick scan?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Makes sense. I have heard of drug sniffing dogs and .... sniffing dogs, but not mod sniffing dogs.

Kanthal and cotton sniffing dogs might make more sense though. ;)

It's a new program customs started. My Lab almost made the cut, but despite careful training she still couldn't tell a Pico from a Coolfire, so she washed out.:lol:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
So if I order a drone, a flashlight, Pokemon toys and a mod on the same FT order, the U.S. govt will know that there is an ecig component to the order just by a quick scan?
I'm figuring this out to but I guess there is a fda product code for the outside of the pkg.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm figuring this out to but I guess there is a fda product code for the outside of the pkg.

Be interesting to see what happens as I can't see FT, GB, Health Cabin et al doing anything the FDA says. They can ship products from different warehouses, under different company names, change around the product descriptions, etc....

I would assume some would be inspected and possibly siezed, but it isn't as if the shipments are coming from Kanger, Aspire or from companies with "vape" in their names.

Interesting times ahead for you folks in the US for sure....

DebiK

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Georgia
I haven't been here in a few weeks. I received all of my FT orders before the 8th. I decided to place one more. I had a few items hold up the order, but it shipped on the 15th. It's on the boat now. I'm hoping all goes well.

Someone said earlier that Miami was a black hole for customs. That's not my experience. Since my orders started going through Miami, I get them MUCH faster. If shipping time goes as it normally does, I should have my package in about a week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread