Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
At work today... in far far away land :)

2wg7o02.jpg

With love from Dubai!

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I think I got my iStick 30 for about $40, from a U.S. source, with free shipping on an over $50 order. I could probably get an equally good shipping deal on a V4. Shipping was quick, about 2 days. I like the iStick overall, though I had some teething pains at first with the device, and with the Mini Nautilus topper I use on it. (I had to thin my all VG juices more than expected.) I'm pretty happy with the setup now, but will checkout a Melo sub ohm tank when those are available (cheaper than an Atlantis or the other sub ohm tanks currently available). Despite that, I still use my V3s about half the time. The vape difference between the two devices (iClear 16 on V3, Nautilus on iStick) is not all that significant. The iClears deliver good warmth, vapor and taste delivery performance, though throat hit is less than Nautilus's.

The vaping experiences are a bit different in feel, but the value of the experiences is about the same. The 2ml Mini Nautilus tank lasts me a little longer between refills (running between 4.2 to 4.5 volts) than the 1.6ml iClear (running at only about 3.4 volts), but the iClear is easily topped off without removing the tank. The Mini Nautilus tank is a bit of a pain to fill, especially on the go. The V3 setup is longer than my iStick 30 setup, but the V3 is lighter and more hand and pocket friendly. I'm still getting used to the iStick's size and weight. I carry it around in my hand less than the V3, though it does feel good in my hand. The V3 I can hold between my fingers, kind of like an eGo battery (though I don't actually end up using it much that way), but I simply can't do that with the iStick.

The iStick lasts me pretty much all day. Of course, with heavy vaping, my V3s never did that. My V3s are probably about a year old. They still hold a decent charge, but not nearly as much as they used to. They are probably close to the equivalent of a 450-650mah battery now, and may actually die in a few months - if not sooner. If there was no iStick 30, I'd just replace my old V3s with newer V3s - assuming they were still available. My V3s could run my Mini Nautilus okay, but not for long at 9-11 watts, so I never used them for that. Still, the iClear 16, other than its juice capacity, is a very good old school clearomizer. If they were all I'd have to use, I'd be good with that - especially for their eGo size battery form factor, which the V3 matches pretty darn well. The iStick 30 with a Mini Nautilus is just a bump up in performance over an iStick. Many may just not be willing, or desire, that slight bump in performance for the extra size and weight that is required to get it.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Billy,

I see you have been around quite a while so you have probably seen them but the good old fashioned kanger T2 delivers, in my opinion, a similar vape as the I16. Not quite as warm and maybe just a tad less vapor but the big tank, ease of use, and budget friendly cost make it my all day clearo. I like others but as a heavy vapor, the T2 is my go 2.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Yes, I used the Halo Triton version of the T2 (or was it T3?), and it was fine for a while at the time. Easy to top fill, decent juice capacity, but not as much warmth, vapor or flavor as the iClear 16. The T2 mouthpieces would also sometimes break on me for no good reason, and the seals were a little more finicky for me than the iClear 16. The T2s were my all day vape for nearly a year. The Halo triton vGo threaded version was a little pricier than eGo threaded versions, but cheaper than Halo replacement heads were readily available elsewhere. I still have some brand new (vGo threaded) T2 clearomizers and heads laying around somewhere, but no longer have vGo threaded batteries to use them on. One other issue I had with the T2 heads was their durability. They gunked up pretty quickly. Washing them out didn't help to recover them much most of the time, so they ended up not being cost effective compared to some other clearomizers. The iClear 16s are not much better in that department, especially with the high VG juices I use (though I've learn a few extra tricks since then), but they are a little better in use and performance for my tastes.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I tried a Subtank Mini recently, just using the stock 1.2 ohm coil heads. Despite various wattage and juice adjustments, I found the sub ohm tank ran too hot for my tastes, and didn't perform all that well when dialed down to reduce the heat. I'm a mouth-to-lung hit guy, so I probably shouldn't have tried a sub ohm tank in the 1st place, but I was curious about them. When I get around to it, I will build a higher ohm coil for the Subtank's RBA deck - which many looking for a cooler vape have had luck with on that tank. The 4.5ml juice capacity is nice, though the tank is really too large for mounting on an iTaste V3 or V4. I used an iStick 30.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I tried a Subtank Mini recently, just using the stock 1.2 ohm coil heads. Despite various wattage and juice adjustments, I found the sub ohm tank ran too hot for my tastes, and didn't perform all that well when dialed down to reduce the heat. I'm a mouth-to-lung hit guy, so I probably shouldn't have tried a sub ohm tank in the 1st place, but I was curious about them. When I get around to it, I will build a higher ohm coil for the Subtank's RBA deck - which many looking for a cooler vape have had luck with on that tank. The 4.5ml juice capacity is nice, though the tank is really too large for mounting on an iTaste V3 or V4. I used an iStick 30.

You can also use the older dual coil heads in the sub tank. That will make it hit like an aerotank with slightly better airflow, give you the cooler vape you desire, but have all that capacity

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
USMCCotaku, would the full size Subtank RBA deck fit in the Subtank Mini? I'm not sure that it would, or if it is purchaseable separately. I've always heard that building a dual-coil setup can be something of a pain too, but am I wrong in that? I do like the vape off of a dual-coil iClear 16 - warm, but not hot, decent vapor output (even at fairly low wattages on high resistance coils), and pretty good flavor delivery as well. That silly little 1.6ml juice capacity has always been a negative, but being able to quickly and easily top fill makes up for some of that limitation. Some occasional leakage can be a bother. The Subtank Mini doesn't seem to suffer any real leakage issues. I'm wondering if maybe the iClear 30 that is top dual-coil would work as well as the iClear 16, but just with that larger juice capacity? I've read some reviews that were not as hot on the iClear 30 as the iClear 16, so I'm not sure about that. I have enough trouble wicking a single coil build. I'm not sure I could handle wicking 2 coils.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
USMCCotaku, would the full size Subtank RBA deck fit in the Subtank Mini? I'm not sure that it would, or if it is purchaseable separately. I've always heard that building a dual-coil setup can be something of a pain too, but am I wrong in that? I do like the vape off of a dual-coil iClear 16 - warm, but not hot, decent vapor output (even at fairly low wattages on high resistance coils), and pretty good flavor delivery as well. That silly little 1.6ml juice capacity has always been a negative, but being able to quickly and easily top fill makes up for some of that limitation. Some occasional leakage can be a bother. The Subtank Mini doesn't seem to suffer any real leakage issues. I'm wondering if maybe the iClear 30 that is top dual-coil would work as well as the iClear 16, but just with that larger juice capacity? I've read some reviews that were not as hot on the iClear 30 as the iClear 16, so I'm not sure about that. I have enough trouble wicking a single coil build. I'm not sure I could handle wicking 2 coils.

No, the rba's between the full size and mini are designed differently. I tried the mini's on my full size to get the better airflow AND bigger capacity, it's a no go. The full size is a good rba for a mouth to lung hitter though, and whether or not building dual coils in is difficult, that's subjective. I don't find it to be all that hard (though the design of the mini is easier to build on in my opinion). Another option for you is rebuilding the occ heads. It's actually easier to build then there rba I feel.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hey just wondering if my vv3 might be going bad. I charge it every night and with moderate use sometimes it doesn't last me half a day without having to recharge. How long do y'all's last before needing charged?

That will be dependent upon factors we don't know.... What ohm build are you using, what wattage are you running at? How long do you puff? What's the puff counter hit before you need to charge? Are you charging till the light goes out, or just till it turns green?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I have a few iTastes collecting dust....may want to try an iStick....30 or 50W.

You're a bad inspect. ;)

But in some ways, I may just have to agree. They are both pretty kool devices depending on one's needs. For me they both serve their purpose as O & A mods. And I actually do use them both.

If one were to buy either of these as a primary mod, I don't truly know which I'd recommend. I see them as back up devices, or, if they were necessary for primary usage, I would definitely get one of each..... just to pinpoint one's affinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread