Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Just ordered the Goby Starter Kit plus a 5-pack of its coils...(unfortunately, BLACK is the only color in stock)…

Oh dear. I got the Goby conversation started and now people are buying them. I'm going to feel guilty if it doesn't end up suiting your preferences.

I am very pleased with it though.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh dear. I got the Goby conversation started and now people are buying them. I'm going to feel guilty if it doesn't end up suiting your preferences.

There shall be no guilt in Vapeland!

We are responsible vapers, including for our own actions. Sleep well tonight, Nate. :)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Really? I've been blaming you and Kat for years, for all my purchases. Just ask my wife. :blink:

LOL!!!! Well, there is that. :rolleyes:

Dean @Katdarling would like a word with you, just by the way. :lol:

enabler u.png

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Oh dear Nate, NO! Not a drop of guilt allowed here. "We ARE vapers!" and we all know what that entails. Just enjoy your Goby and worry not whether someone else appreciates its marvelousness! :D

Really? I've been blaming you and Kat for years, for all my purchases. Just ask my wife. :blink:

HA! :lol: :lol: :lol:

OUR fault, eh? Yeah, welp, I can see that. C'mon, Gneezie. We worked hard to head up Enabler U, dearie.

You'll graduate with vape-a cum laude, no doubt!! (Go kount those Provis) ;)

images

Reactions: awsum140

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
Oh dear Nate, NO! Not a drop of guilt allowed here. "We ARE vapers!" and we all know what that entails. Just enjoy your Goby and worry not whether someone else appreciates its marvelousness! :D

I guess on the flip side of that, if he really likes it then I'll feel like I was helpful, which is nice. It's not like I forced him to buy it. Maybe I CAN sleep OK.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
So last night I went crazy and turned the Goby up to 12 watts!

Huh. Doesn't sound that impressive when I type it out. But it did well for itself. I didn't open the airflow any more but it made for a slightly warmer, denser vape. I may leave it like that for a while.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I'm looking to replace a travel mod (and the criteria being cheap in case I lose it, light for obvious reason, and troublefree.)
Since @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 both talked about the Goby, how can I not look at it?
Looking at the reviews on the vendors' websites there're are several which mention leaking. Given that this will be a pocket mod, that will be a nonstarter if true.
Anybody have any comments on this?

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yep, do.

Not a leak in site ever, and that lil guy lives in my (rock & roll) purse, getting jostled from am to pm.

Yep, ny13, tiz dry as the proverbial

images

:offtopic: Do they still slice up the pizza in rectangles and sell it by the 'etto' a Roma? Mouth watering, caro.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I'm looking to replace a travel mod (and the criteria being cheap in case I lose it, light for obvious reason, and troublefree.)
Since @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 both talked about the Goby, how can I not look at it?
Looking at the reviews on the vendors' websites there're are several which mention leaking. Given that this will be a pocket mod, that will be a nonstarter if true.
Anybody have any comments on this?

Hey NY. I did have one incident of wet, but I quickly realized it was because I hadn't tightened the (top fill) cap enough. Other than that it's been stellar (knock wood).

Yep, do.

Not a leak in site ever, and that lil guy lives in my (rock & roll) purse, getting jostled from am to pm.

Yep, ny13, tiz dry as the proverbial

images

:offtopic: Do they still slice up the pizza in rectangles and sell it by the 'etto' a Roma? Mouth watering, caro.

Pizza???

(grunt) yum. ;-)

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Thanks both of you, tutte due.
Kind of funny that I've been to Rome this year for a month, and two years ago for a month. Both times I didn't want to carry anything relatively expensive (Provari, Jac, Kabuki...) Nor, for the same reason anything that was relatively heavy, since it was going into my shirt pocket.
So, two years ago and this year I brought with me the stuff which got me off cigs: Halo Tritons, nice and light and cheap if I lost them. Two diffs: this year the batts are clearly beyond their useful lives, not lasting more than a couple of hours, so not good; second diff is that I brought along a Juul, just because I have one and it's small. It may save me.
Went to a vape shop here in the Trastevere section of Rome, just because I was curious. It was a real vape shop. Last time here I went to one and walked past it four times until I went into a clothing shop at the same address to inquire, and there nestled between the men's and women's sections was a vape counter with high end mods and juices.
Anyway, I've got a week and half left here, sadly, but if the Tritons totally give up the ghost the vape shop here carries the Goby, though it's named something else here, and costs a fair bit more.

And, regarding the scrumptious pizza etc etc. (A pic of which I posted somewhere.) They usually sell it by pieces which are (yes) rectangular, but they ask you how big a piece you'd like (visually) rather than by weight, then weigh it and bill you by the kilogram. An etto (a bit under a 1/4lb) is a convenient way to ask for something, like some prosciutto or cheese, but normally stuff is priced by the kg.
And just to prove myself wrong, as always. Here is a pic of the local pizza joint's spin off which sells desserts and pastas. As you can see, they price the fettucine by the kg, and the gnocci by the etto. Donna why. Let me know if you want to see more of bella Roma.
Pasticceria da Simone1.JPG

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Anyway, I've got a week and half left here, sadly, but if the Tritons totally give up the ghost the vape shop here carries the Goby, though it's named something else here, and costs a fair bit more.

I believe it may be called the GEM (if my not-so-great memory serves).

Send cookies. :w00t::thumbs:

Reactions: Uncle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread