Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I'm looking to replace a travel mod (and the criteria being cheap in case I lose it, light for obvious reason, and troublefree.)
Since @Katdarling and @DPLongo22 both talked about the Goby, how can I not look at it?
Looking at the reviews on the vendors' websites there're are several which mention leaking. Given that this will be a pocket mod, that will be a nonstarter if true.
Anybody have any comments on this?
I'll chime in on this too, I saw some of those reviews that mentioned leaking as well but decided to take a risk anyway. It's been a non-issue for me. The mod has a standard 510 connector so if for some reason you don't like the Goby tank you can put something else on it, provided that it can operate in the Goby's narrow wattage range. One of the reviews I saw said he swapped out with a Nautilus and liked it that way. But I've actually been impressed with the tank, I just ordered a new mod (purely because "Ooh, shiny", not because I'm having problems with the Goby) and I intend to use my Goby tanks with it.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Okay - I cannot remember who posted - nor in which thread (either here or in Tootle Puffers), about getting more of the Innokin Disrupter/Cells . . . So I am going to just put this out there and hope that they will respond or someone can point me in their direction . . . Thanks ;)

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Okay - I cannot remember who posted - nor in which thread (either here or in Tootle Puffers), about getting more of the Innokin Disrupter/Cells . . . So I am going to just put this out there and hope that they will respond or someone can point me in their direction . . . Thanks ;)

I saw some SOMEWHERE, Unc...

I'll try to jog me braincells for ya.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I saw some SOMEWHERE, Unc...

I'll try to jog me braincells for ya.

Thanks ! ! ! Hope Ya' don't jog it too hard and are able to get through all that grey matter without getting hurt . . .

Gif_8c53c2_5347230.gif

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Donna, why (KLEVER boy).....

And the answer is of course a huge, resounding "SI!".
Di più Roma, please.
ok, va bene. For my last week and a bit, I've moved from Trastevere to Testaccio, which is across the Tiber. It was a very working class section of Rome, but has become very chic. In Testaccio, is a well known indoor (but open on the sides) market known as il Mercato Testaccio, which is a hodgepodge of stalls of clothing, veggies, fruits, flowers, meats, fish, and of course some prepared foods. One of the most famous ones is named Morda e vai, which literally means bite and run. It's a sandwich place, which for €4 (or about $4.25) will fill a small Italian roll with any of these. Sorry about the poor quality pics, but they're behind glass. You've got your beef stewed with tomato sauce, guanciale (cured pork cheek similar to pancetta) and touch of pepper flakes; veal with pancetta and onions in a white sauce; veal bits with pancetta and eggs (a la Carbonara); Roman style tripe (I know they'll be doubters out there but it's delicious); grandma's meatballs in a tomato sauce; and bits of beef with Sicilian tomatoes, arugula, basil and olives. Makes me homesick for Subway. hahahahahaha. Nah.
Mordi e vai 1 copy.JPG
Mordi e vai 2 copy.JPG

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
ok, va bene. For my last week and a bit, I've moved from Trastevere to Testaccio, which is across the Tiber. It was a very working class section of Rome, but has become very chic. In Testaccio, is a well known indoor (but open on the sides) market known as il Mercato Testaccio, which is a hodgepodge of stalls of clothing, veggies, fruits, flowers, meats, fish, and of course some prepared foods. One of the most famous ones is named Morda e vai, which literally means bite and run. It's a sandwich place, which for €4 (or about $4.25) will fill a small Italian roll with any of these. Sorry about the poor quality pics, but they're behind glass. You've got your beef stewed with tomato sauce, guanciale (cured pork cheek similar to pancetta) and touch of pepper flakes; veal with pancetta and onions in a white sauce; veal bits with pancetta and eggs (a la Carbonara); Roman style tripe (I know they'll be doubters out there but it's delicious); grandma's meatballs in a tomato sauce; and bits of beef with Sicilian tomatoes, arugula, basil and olives. Makes me homesick for Subway. hahahahahaha. Nah.
View attachment 746671 View attachment 746673

Mamma mia!!!!!!!!!!! Keep those Romana pics coming, sweetie. Gramma's meat-a-balls-a look delicioso!!!!

Thank you for taking the time and energy to delight us with some vicarious trips thru the streets of Rome.

I'm LOVING this~!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I almost forgot about the Disruptor that I won when they ran that contest. I've got so much stuff in storage. I really should get some of the old stuff out to try out again.

Or once you finally go through all that stuff stored away, realize Ya' not goinng to be using, and see that it's time to pass it on and/or put it into the classifieds so somone else can actually put it to good use ...:facepalm: Just Sayin' . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Mamma mia!!!!!!!!!!! Keep those Romana pics coming, sweetie. Gramma's meat-a-balls-a look delicioso!!!!

Thank you for taking the time and energy to delight us with some vicarious trips thru the streets of Rome.

I'm LOVING this~!
I'm happy to hear that. I'm loving my little excursion, but I'm also loving sharing some of it with my friends. So, here are two. I'm not really religious, but many of these old churches (the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore in this case) are so astounding visually, artistically and appreciatively of the incredible craftsmanship that I have to show it. And bear in mind that this is just one of (I think it was) four similar side chapels. That along with my more hedonistic food side. Volpetti is a cheese and prosciutto shop. They make these wonderful Torte Rusticche (rustic savory pies) which are filled with various combinations of cheeses, veggies, salumi (cured meats such as prosciutto or salami.) Sorry for the bad pic, but they're behind glass.
Volpetti 1.JPG
Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore side chapel.JPG

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Bigbox Atlas owner here. Recently it gives me ohm readings constantly 0.2 ohms higher then any of my other mods which I lived with at first but now I realise it's really annoying, I want my 0.6 ohm coil to behave like one, not an 0.8... Any ideas, is this a problem others have had?

Well dms...I, personally, don't annoy myself...or really even care...about how my different Mods read my coils...

When I move my Zenith Tank that reads 1.6Ω on my Sinuous P80 to my Pico...it will read 1.8Ω. If I move it to my Smok Alien it will read 1.4Ω…

It might be because I'm a NO TC low wattage MTL Tootle Puffer...but when I try a coil with a different Mod I'll start at around 9W then move it up till I get the "perfect vape" (usually around 11W)…

(What the actual Ω reading ends up...is really unimportant...to me.)

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'm happy to hear that. I'm loving my little excursion, but I'm also loving sharing some of it with my friends. So, here are two. I'm not really religious, but many of these old churches (the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore in this case) are so astounding visually, artistically and appreciatively of the incredible craftsmanship that I have to show it. And bear in mind that this is just one of (I think it was) four similar side chapels. That along with my more hedonistic food side. Volpetti is a cheese and prosciutto shop. They make these wonderful Torte Rusticche (rustic savory pies) which are filled with various combinations of cheeses, veggies, salumi (cured meats such as prosciutto or salami.) Sorry for the bad pic, but they're behind glass. View attachment 746995 View attachment 746993

The pics, OUTSTANDING, ny, and mille grazie!!!!!! Just drooling here and revisiting many mem'ries of trips of the past. LOVE it!!!! Thank you, sweetie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread