Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
So true I am very new to this but through trial and error and plenty of vape videos on YouTube, I have made great strides.
I also have a Kbox mini that I sub on.

:thumb:

Yep, just because a device CAN go high doesn't mean I have to use it that way! I have a few mods that will go to 30, but the work just fine (for me!) at 9 :lol:

And be sure to ask here, and other threads, about any new shiny that catches your eye. Chances are someone has used it. Trial and error is what a lot of us have gone through, and while we're perfectly happy to spend your money, we do want you to spend it wisely :pop:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Just for the record....I vape 85PG/15VG and have for years! I also DIY. I don't care for VG much because 1. It's too sweet. 2. It's too thick and gunks up coils too fast, 3. Don't like the taste of it in general. 4. It bothers my sinuses..causes congestion. I have been DIY-ing my juice since early 2012. I get plenty of "clouds"...don't suffer any lack there! I got a free bottle of juice from a vendor recently. Was supposed to be menthol (which I like) and it wasn't totally unfortunate...except it had too much VG in it. Muted the taste, plus I had to crank up my watts big time just to get it to made any vapor at all! Naaaah. Not for me! There ARE people who aren't enchanted with VG as the main ingredient of juice. We just don't bark as loud, I guess!

ARF!! ARF ARF!!!

I clock in around 70/30 PG/VG. Although there are / were a couple commercial flavors that I like at 50/50, enough to handle the throat coat at least for a brief flavor change...

And, imo, you left out one - lack of TH. Now, I don't want so much of that to tear it to shreds, but a bit makes it "feel" like smoking... and that's part of what keeps me off!

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Tuscaloosa al
:thumb:

Yep, just because a device CAN go high doesn't mean I have to use it that way! I have a few mods that will go to 30, but the work just fine (for me!) at 9 :lol:

And be sure to ask here, and other threads, about any new shiny that catches your eye. Chances are someone has used it. Trial and error is what a lot of us have gone through, and while we're perfectly happy to spend your money, we do want you to spend it wisely :pop:

Thanks, this fourm has been a great resource and the people here are great no one judges you and 99.9% are positive and really care, that your Vaping and not smoking cigarettes. A person feels really welcome here. Like you I am in this to quit smoking and not to "cloud chase", I hope I said that right, lol

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
ARF!! ARF ARF!!!

And, imo, you left out one - lack of TH. Now, I don't want so much of that to tear it to shreds, but a bit makes it "feel" like smoking... and that's part of what keeps me off!
OH! You are soooo right! I did forget the TH!! (Now how did I manage that glaring oversight?) Yes, yes, yes! I like a bit of kick with TH too!

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Just for the record....I vape 85PG/15VG and have for years! I also DIY. I don't care for VG much because 1. It's too sweet. 2. It's too thick and gunks up coils too fast, 3. Don't like the taste of it in general. 4. It bothers my sinuses..causes congestion. I have been DIY-ing my juice since early 2012. I get plenty of "clouds"...don't suffer any lack there! I got a free bottle of juice from a vendor recently. Was supposed to be menthol (which I like) and it wasn't totally unfortunate...except it had too much VG in it. Muted the taste, plus I had to crank up my watts big time just to get it to made any vapor at all! Naaaah. Not for me! There ARE people who aren't enchanted with VG as the main ingredient of juice. We just don't bark as loud, I guess!

I have been having the congestion problem lately. 60/40 pg/vg. It was horrible today and I have been using juice from that supplier for a few months. I mixed up some unflavored 75/25 pg/vg. The highest ratio I can make with what I have on hand. I found that tore my throat out the following morning. There must be a happy place in there somewhere.

Reactions: clnire

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
If the problem has just now started, after months at that ratio, flavor and vendor, is it possible it's just the change of seasons, and not the mix? Making the change you did isn't a real big change... and did you stay at the same nic level? A higher percent on that will also increase TH.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I have been having the congestion problem lately. 60/40 pg/vg. It was horrible today and I have been using juice from that supplier for a few months. I mixed up some unflavored 75/25 pg/vg. The highest ratio I can make with what I have on hand. I found that tore my throat out the following morning. There must be a happy place in there somewhere.
It doesn't seem like that slight of an increase would have caused such a reaction from the PG. The TH will be pretty immediate when vaping...although it can irritate some people's membranes for some time afterwards. It never has bothered me or my husband to speak of...although, of course, sometimes it'd dry things out a bit. Could be because when we started vaping in 2011, PG was more highly favored over VG and most juices readily available on the shelf in the market were high percentage PG. Anyway..I'm wondering if part of the problem is more the change of seasons more than the juice you are using? My adult son has never smoked cigarettes, or vaped, but complains of sore throat and headaches every time the seasons make a shift.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Not sure that being such a small change means it's insignificant (for the PG/VG)... if I vape 80/20, I still get the mucus in my throat, but at 85/15, I don't. However even small changes in the nic level can make a big diff in "feel" -- when I got the Achilles, the TH was so strong my usual 10mg was too much and I dropped to 9mg -- all better; good TH but not so intense it made me cough.

Andria

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I've slowly decreased my juice nicotine levels. I was struggling to get to 6mgs, but now I'm using 9mgs, and that has become too much for me - at least as an all day vape. I can now see eventually getting to 3mgs, then 0mgs of nicotine, and then...

Me, personally...having just hit 70 and having a somewhat strong family history of Alzheimer's...I have NO interest in lowering my current 12mg. nicotine vaping.

"one can't really dispute the science that strongly suggests that nicotine, especially in older individuals, improves cognitive performance, reduces the probability of Alzheimer's onset, improves memory (especially in reducing those 'senior moments' when you can't get the word out you are looking for), and reduces 'time to sleep' at bedtime."

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/vaping-for-nicotine-advantages.633573/

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Me, personally...having just hit 70 and having a somewhat strong family history of Alzheimer's...I have NO interest in lowering my current 12mg. nicotine vaping.

"one can't really dispute the science that strongly suggests that nicotine, especially in older individuals, improves cognitive performance, reduces the probability of Alzheimer's onset, improves memory (especially in reducing those 'senior moments' when you can't get the word out you are looking for), and reduces 'time to sleep' at bedtime."

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/vaping-for-nicotine-advantages.633573/

I saw my grandmother become completely unmoored from the reality around her, due to "geriatric dementia." The other grandmother apparently suffered Alzheimers before she passed, at a far younger age than the other grandmother. I'm 54 now, and I really don't want to "lose my marbles" -- what would be the point of living longer, if I don't even know who I am?

I'll keep vaping nicotine, though I may start using a lower level in the winter, to help with the cold hands and feet.

Andria

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I hope there will be a few more after the 3rd of November! I'd really like to get another one, but am dead broke right now! :(

my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif
for ya, 4th!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Yaaay! Which color, the green vines? (my personal fave)
Yep! That's the one: Forest Vine! I tried to get another one at that place that closed down (Vspot?) after I got the first one, but they said they were sold out. This is the first opportunity I have had to get another Forest Vine at all since then!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I just got my Nature Edition iTaste VV V3 Forest Vine today. Came dead as a doornail! haha! I decided to plug it in anyway and see if anything lit up. Nope. Nada. But I left it plugged in..just because. About a full minute later the red light came on. Guess it's gonna charge now! Hope it'll work when/if it does get fully charged!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread