The Keys by Strix Elixirs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Keys

I previously introduced you to Strix Elixirs out of Dallas, Texas, by way of their scrumptious beta flavor Velvet Undies. That juice was just like eating a decadent dessert with every vape.

This time, I’d like to introduce you to another of their wonderful dessert flavors – The Keys. (If the name didn’t give it away, this is Strix’s take on a key lime pie.)

The flavor profile, according to the Strix Elixir website, is as follows:

The Keys: We searched the world for the perfect key lime pie. We've had quite a few good slices and longed for that perfection in eJuice form. Some have been known to dance (shake their booties) while they vape this juice. Perfectly balanced - never too much graham cracker crust, key lime or cream.

Good at all voltages, but we suggest kicking it up a notch to fully experience this flavor. Best in RDA and RBA units, but delicious in all atomizers. Perfect for dripping or tanking! Some call this an ADV.

Key lime pie is one of those seemingly easy flavors to master, yet it’s deceptively difficult. Finding the right balance between the tart key lime, the perfect level of sweetness, just the right amount of custardy creaminess, and finding the perfect crust makes this simple dessert more complex and gourmet than you’d first think.

Now, I love a good key lime pie. If a restaurant offers it on their dessert menu, I’ll opt to try it each and every time. If their pastry chef can find that perfect harmony of tart and sweet, it’s a sure bet the other desserts they offer will be wonderful.

The juice gurus at Strix Elixirs got their key lime pie perfect.

This delicious juice appears simple at first. When I cracked open the bottle, I could immediately smell that bright, crisp tart aroma of a try key lime. It was vibrant and inviting, beckoning me to taste.

So I started with a drop on my finger just to see what the flavor was like with no heat. The very first thing I tasted was that true key lime flavor – not a lemon trying to play dress up as is attempted with many key lime pies. But underscoring that fresh, citrus tartness was an almost warm, buttery graham cracker crust.

I was excited to see if it could get any better.

I juiced up some fresh cotton and, at 50 watts, fired my mod a few times to catch the juice’s aroma when heated. The vapor rising from the cotton was nothing but goodness – sweet, sweet key lime pie.

I took my first inhale and my taste buds were hit with an overload of sensation. The flavor truly was tart and sweet at the same time. There was a creaminess to the taste that I didn’t expect, like taking a bite of the pie’s custard without any crust. It was perfection.

On the exhale, the key lime was more subtle, underscored by that delicious graham cracker crust flavor.
This juice does not disappoint. It is fruity, sweet, cool, and warm all at once, leaving me to feel like I’d just eaten a piece of the most delicious key lime pie I’d ever had – like a dessert you’d find at a 5-star restaurant.

As with Velvet Undies, I couldn’t find a wattage high enough to produce a harsh or nasty flavor. The higher I set my mod, it just kept tasting more and more delicious.

I could seriously see The Keys becoming someone’s all day vape. It’s not too rich or overwhelming like some dessert flavors – it’s more true to a fruit vape in that respect. But, as with dessert vapes, this could also be a juice that you could enjoy after a good meal with a cup of espresso and great after dinner conversation with loved ones.

Vigilantelove

Jul 12, 2015
I second this. The Keys is the truest Key Lime vape I've tasted. It's truer tasting than some actual Key Lime Pie. When I first tried I wasn't expecting much, I'm not a big citrus vape fan. However, The Keys is so mellow, with juicy lime without being overly tart. There's a creaminess/lime on the inhale and graham cracker crust on the exhale. Another winner from Strix, they're rapidly becoming a favorite of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread