The Odysseus and how to make a .9ohm dual coil atomizer for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Could be the adapter. I bypassed the adpater and stuck the Ody on the GGTS in 'ugly' mode.

BUT, when I put the Ody with 0.9ohm DC on my Stealth it vapes perfectly (albeit eats batteries at an alarming rate). When I put the same Ody DC on my GGTS all I get is hotter vapor and burnt taste. Stealth bat is an AW IMR 18350. GGTS is a AW IMR 18650. Checked both bats fresh off the charger and both come off at almost exactly 4.2v.

Any idea what could be causing this strange behavior? It has to have something to do with the DC setup (I never had this problem with single coils) but for the life of me I can't figure what it could be.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
It is possible the GGTS in "ugly mode" has slightly less voltage drop then the stealth. It is also possible the 18650 has less voltage drop under load. I guess the next thing I would check is the ggts ugly mode with 18350 battery see if it still has the burnt taste. If it does then it is something with the GGTS connector if it doesn't it means the 18650 has less voltage loss under load.

Also there was a post a couple weeks ago where it was determined that the posters connector was acting almost like a capacitor. I noticed the same thing the other day. When I stuck my multi meter on my ggts and hit the button it read 6.4v but even when I let the button off it continued to read 1.4v and dropped slowly from there. I believe the OP was a UFS connector but that is very similar to the GGTS connector.

Oddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
UK
Had to have a go at this but with my fave wire .2 Kanthal and silver crimps alike my usual setup previously posted and also added another strand of stock ody wick,

comes in at 1.1 ohms, but in terms of production its freaking mind blowing.

dsc01671ho.jpg

dsc01672l.jpg

dsc01674nt.jpg

dsc01676p.jpg

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Had to have a go at this but with my fave wire .2 Kanthal and silver crimps alike my usual setup previously posted and also added another strand of stock ody wick,

dsc01671ho.jpg

dsc01672l.jpg

dsc01674nt.jpg

dsc01676p.jpg

That coil is too good looking to vape good. ;)

Nice job!

Oddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
UK
saying that VPD, on an AWIMR I'm getting a good range, fresh from the charger its a little hard for my liking but as soon as it gets down to just over 4.1v its a very very pleasant vape all the way down to 3.5v for me, where as before i was switching out at just under 3.9 on a single 1.3o coil.

its not quite double the time but its double the range, single range 0.3v Vs dual 0.6v range. i dunno if that makes any sense really but its what i seem to be experiencing thus far.

Don't think there is any going back for me. in stealth an 18350 is getting near on the 3mls in the ody in this setup, hardly a chore to switch out a batt when you refill or visa versa

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR

dsc01674nt.jpg

Wow, Thanks very much Oddy, I was waiting to someone to post a pic of the dual coil to figure out how it looks. Now Im ready to try it.

Again Thanks!!!

Valsacar

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2010
Seoul
God that coil is beautiful... I knew mine looks like crap... but damn that's pretty.

Made my first one today, screwed it up a little but it still seems to work. No idea what ohm it is as my multimeter is broken (well, missing parts thanks to my son) but it is putting out well. Gets warm pretty quick though, have it on a stealth so we'll see how bad the battery life is.

sachavaca

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2011
west coast
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Just to report back - I did have a short in my 510 adapter which was causing my blown fuses, tossed it. Now I'm stuck with the stealth cap and no air control until Imeo gets us the GG specific Ody connection. :(

Still no idea why I was getting burnt taste with the DC on GGTS and no burnt taste on Stealth. :confused:

The DC coil worked well for me (for about 4 days before it started dropping in performance), but I think it's just not for me - too much warmth and eats bats & juice too fast for my liking. Single coil at 1.5-1.6 at 3.7v seems to be my sweet spot! Gotta love the Ody for its flexibility though!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you dont get the right voltage on your stealth so it doesnt burn your juice. When my new springs will be ready you will buy one very cheap and then your stealth will burn your juice almost the same as the GGTS Yeti
Just to report back - I did have a short in my 510 adapter which was causing my blown fuses, tossed it. Now I'm stuck with the stealth cap and no air control until Imeo gets us the GG specific Ody connection. :(

Still no idea why I was getting burnt taste with the DC on GGTS and no burnt taste on Stealth. :confused:

The DC coil worked well for me (for about 4 days before it started dropping in performance), but I think it's just not for me - too much warmth and eats bats & juice too fast for my liking. Single coil at 1.5-1.6 at 3.7v seems to be my sweet spot! Gotta love the Ody for its flexibility though!

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
Thanks Imeo - I shoulda known the spring was the weak link. ;-) I run my GGTS spring-less just for this reason. I'm currently running the Ody on my GGTS with stealth cap and 18350 in shorty mode and loving it!

This is one of the reasons I love GG - I can have a different looking/performing setup almost every day! My co-workers never know what I'll show up with next. :)

Any idea when we'll see these new springs at COV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread